New Dallas Cowboys Uniform?

ToyFrisbee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been bothered a lot recently by all the mismatched colors on the Cowboys' unis, but this is... well, the helmet is atrocious. I really like the background star pattern on the shoulders, and I think a tv number would fit well on top of them better. Maybe. IDK these are... interesting to say the least.

You'd expect him to say something like "there's no way this is real" as opposed to...(reads UniWatch ticker listing)...oh, wait, that's a direct quote. I don't always agree with Lukas but don't rip the guy if you don't even bother to read what he wrote.

To use the entire quote "I got in touch with @Uniformswag, who told me, “The Cowboy picture was sent to me by a [Twitter] follower. I am not sure if it is legit — that’s why I posted it as a question, hoping someone would confirm if it is real or not. It looks real — normally it’s very easy to spot if someone has made a concept.” Agreed, but there’s no way this is real, nuh-uh.

I could have misinterpreted what he said, but to me it sounded like he agreed that it looked like a legitimate uniform, but couldn't believe that the Cowboys would move in that direction. Obviously, I could be wrong, but that's just how I interpreted it. And why would he ever post it if he didn't give it any credence? Just seems weird to me. But once again, I could be wrong.

Also, I'm so glad BC's Hockey East reign of terror ended this year, haha.

Amen to BC's Hockey East reign ending. Especially to my alma mater, UML.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Jerry Jones is an idiot but I don't see him making huge changes to the Cowboys white uniforms. Maybe a new blue set or an alternate but the whites are up there with the Yankees and Canadiens. Only a tweak to the whites (getting rid of the blue green pants being one) would be needed.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

In case this isn't already obvious enough, here's the original pic from the Oregon unveil.

oregon-ducks-rose-bowl-uniform.jpg

Beat me to it.

I live in Eugene and that picture is on about 40% of my coworkers desktops. I see that photo literally 400 times a day. The Cowboys Photochop didn't fool me for a second.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Jerry Jones is an idiot but I don't see him making huge changes to the Cowboys white uniforms. Maybe a new blue set or an alternate but the whites are up there with the Yankees and Canadiens. Only a tweak to the whites (getting rid of the blue green pants being one) would be needed.

Jerry Jones is so old that when he sees the current home uniforms he sees one shade of blue....while the rest of us see multiple shades of blue and/or green.

spacer.png

You'd expect him to say something like "there's no way this is real" as opposed to...(reads UniWatch ticker listing)...oh, wait, that's a direct quote. I don't always agree with Lukas but don't rip the guy if you don't even bother to read what he wrote.

To use the entire quote "I got in touch with @Uniformswag, who told me, “The Cowboy picture was sent to me by a [Twitter] follower. I am not sure if it is legit — that’s why I posted it as a question, hoping someone would confirm if it is real or not. It looks real — normally it’s very easy to spot if someone has made a concept.” Agreed, but there’s no way this is real, nuh-uh.

I could have misinterpreted what he said, but to me it sounded like he agreed that it looked like a legitimate uniform, but couldn't believe that the Cowboys would move in that direction. Obviously, I could be wrong, but that's just how I interpreted it. And why would he ever post it if he didn't give it any credence? Just seems weird to me. But once again, I could be wrong.

Also, I'm so glad BC's Hockey East reign of terror ended this year, haha.

Amen to BC's Hockey East reign ending. Especially to my alma mater, UML.

OT: I'm not sure if you know this but UMass-Lowell will be joining the American East in D-I this year. FIU will join CUSA

I'm gonna chime in with the whole Cowboys' 50 shades of blue thing. I don't have a problem with it. Yea it doesn't match across the board and is a cardinal sin for some folks around here but it is still unmistakably the Cowboys every time you see it. And I think that's why it hasn't changed, and won't be surprised if it never does.

Midway.png

I'm gonna chime in with the whole Cowboys' 50 shades of blue thing. I don't have a problem with it. Yea it doesn't match across the board and is a cardinal sin for some folks around here but it is still unmistakably the Cowboys every time you see it. And I think that's why it hasn't changed, and won't be surprised if it never does.

It hasn't changed because Jerry Jones apparently is color-blind and doesn't see the issues. Really. That's what I've heard.

A number of firms have approached the Cowboys in order to "fix" some of the color problems, but he doesn't see it as a need.

Jerry Jones is so old that when he sees the current home uniforms he sees one shade of blue....while the rest of us see multiple shades of blue and/or green.

Oh please. The only thing Jerry Jones sees when he looks at his team's uniforms is green - and lots of it.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Real or fake... I don't care. We need to get down to the real issue at hand: Pointed serifs on numbers.

Stop.

End of discussion.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It hasn't changed because Jerry Jones apparently is color-blind and doesn't see the issues. Really. That's what I've heard.

A number of firms have approached the Cowboys in order to "fix" some of the color problems, but he doesn't see it as a need.

I totally believe this. And at this point, Jones probably views any variations in the uniform shades the same way the Yankees or Tigers view their jersey/hat logo differences: it's what makes them "special".

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I give you a pre-Jones mashup with one Jones era image. For me, I like the silver green. Different strokes for different folks.

There was a reason for it and Jerry didn't originate the idea. Tex Schramm did.

unimashup.jpg

Well in all fairness to Tex Schramm there wasn't the technology to get a close match to that color on fabric in the 1960s or 1970s, and by the time metallic fabric came into use on the pants in the early-to-mid 80s the Cowboys had already adopted that navy/silver "dark" uniform, meaning the helmet had to work with (but not match) both the silver-blue worn with the white jerseys and the "pure" silver worn with the navy jerseys.

That picture of Drew Pearson comes pretty close to matching the two up; in some years in the 1970s the pants really faded out (1977 was particularly bad for that), and that greyer color (or at least it photographs that way) of 1970-1973 was really odd. It's hard to tell what's going on with that little inset photo of Aikman; he could be wearing really old pants for practice since it's a training camp shot (from the era when teams used their old uniforms for practice instead of getting outfitted with practice uniforms like they do today).

Archived