New Dallas Cowboys Uniform?

ToyFrisbee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point about TEX was in reference to silver green. Created for TV, before HDTV.

Okay - since the "silver blue" originated with Tex then it does go back to him. The color is always going to be a problem - it show differently in different lighting, different types of film (in the old photos), different TV technology. Then you throw in the fading and you get some really odd looks as the season would wear on.

However, except for those strange grey pants of 1970-1973 they did do a better job trying to make the color blue-ish and match up with the blue-ish helmet paint. They saw that the greyer color didn't work and went back to the bluer color. The current silver-green was to try to make it look right on late 1980s/early 1990s TV; it didn't really work then and they should have continued to adjust the color.

Count me as one of those that doesn't mind this look. Well, I'm not sure what the think of the use of stars as a helmet stripe and I'd need to see the side of the helmet, but I think we knew coming in that Nike was going to do its best to make the "classic" teams undergo radical changes.

cttdolphins2.png

My point about TEX was in reference to silver green. Created for TV, before HDTV.

Okay - since the "silver blue" originated with Tex then it does go back to him. The color is always going to be a problem - it show differently in different lighting, different types of film (in the old photos), different TV technology. Then you throw in the fading and you get some really odd looks as the season would wear on.

True. The greenish pants (which I loathe) are greener in still photos as opposed to HDTV. Not sure it was Tex who moved away from metallic blue. Based on still photos and vids of old games, I *think* the silver-green look was first introduced in 1991. In 1993-4, when Apex had the uni contract, the pants were significantly less green.

However, except for those strange grey pants of 1970-1973 they did do a better job trying to make the color blue-ish and match up with the blue-ish helmet paint.

Yeah, the pants were pretty dark during those years.

kgrhqznwe8tv978kbpgnwii.jpg

gentpants1.jpg

They saw that the greyer color didn't work and went back to the bluer color.

Yes, the pants got noticeably bluer in 1974 and 1975. I wish the current pants would look like the ones they wore in '76 and '77, when they were the perfect blend of gray and blue. But since Jerry is a complete imbecile ...

012312nflsuperbowlgalle.jpg

13012413510012superbowl.jpg

kgrhqfhjc0e7zf0mfwbpgi9.jpg

5800018.jpg

The current silver-green was to try to make it look right on late 1980s/early 1990s TV; it didn't really work then and they should have continued to adjust the color.

Green just has never been part of the classic DC color scheme. For that reason alone it needs to go. And don't get me started on the mismatched blues or plain socks.

That's really my main issue with the Cowboy's colors, they could kind of have an excuse if they had been doing it for years, but in those pictures, all of the colors match. It just doesn't make any sense.

spacer.png

True. The greenish pants (which I loathe) are greener in still photos as opposed to HDTV. Not sure it was Tex who moved away from metallic blue. Based on still photos and vids of old games, I *think* the silver-green look was first introduced in 1991. In 1993-4, when Apex had the uni contract, the pants were significantly less

The first season that Silver-Green first showed up in any documentation was 1990 FWIW:

DallasCowboys_FRC_1993_SCC_SRGB.png

True. The greenish pants (which I loathe) are greener in still photos as opposed to HDTV. Not sure it was Tex who moved away from metallic blue. Based on still photos and vids of old games, I *think* the silver-green look was first introduced in 1991. In 1993-4, when Apex had the uni contract, the pants were significantly less

The first season that Silver-Green first showed up in any documentation was 1990 FWIW:

I'm pretty sure the silver-green pants were a few years earlier than '90...would've been when the pants changed to the shiny nylon/spandex material and added the number patch.

it also appears that the helmet silver changed around the same time from that bluish hue to a more standard metallic silver.

I'm pretty sure the silver-green pants were a few years earlier than '90...would've been when the pants changed to the shiny nylon/spandex material and added the number patch.

That happened in 1982, but the pants were still blue.

it also appears that the helmet silver changed around the same time from that bluish hue to a more standard metallic silver.

another unnecessary change

5800018.jpg

THAT is the perfect color scheme for the Cowboys. Dark royal blue and metallic blue-gray. Great look. I don't get that so many people want to stick them in plain navy and silver... a dull and over-used color scheme. And not even one they have any real history in... the navy and silver "road" uniform only gets pulled out once a year, or less. Dark royal and blue silver is theirs. They'd completely own it.

Also, on the above uniform, check out that classic Cowboy number font and iconic double-stripe socks. Coolness.

Jones is an idiot.

5800018.jpg

THAT is the perfect color scheme for the Cowboys. Dark royal blue and metallic blue-gray. Great look. I don't get that so many people want to stick them in plain navy and silver... a dull and over-used color scheme. And not even one they have any real history in... the navy and silver "road" uniform only gets pulled out once a year, or less. Dark royal and blue silver is theirs. They'd completely own it.

Also, on the above uniform, check out that classic Cowboy number font and iconic double-stripe socks. Coolness.

Jones is an idiot.

Yep, which is why all these radical redesigns are not needed. Just re-institute the metallic blue matte pants, navy blue serif numbers, and striped socks and you're set. Their current unis are ghastly.

ns14cowsravensbl51jpg11.jpg

25b1fc6f9db03a22230f6a7.jpg

Yikes. I thought the silver-green was tolerable but it's a bit much in those pics. I do think playing around with silver-blue would be nice for a change. But I'll miss those silver-greens. They were obnoxious but I grew up with those and they always seemed normal to me

Midway.png

5800018.jpg

Jones is an idiot.

Apparently, Jerry doesn't seem to understand that we have HDTV today.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Judging by that gigantic humongotron hanging from that ceiling in his giganti-size palace of his, I'd say he understands full well. :P

Dude's got too much hubris in his system to change anything regarding the uniforms, though.

(Serious question: anyone know who's next in line to inherit his franchise once his time comes?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Judging by that gigantic humongotron hanging from that ceiling in his giganti-size palace of his, I'd say he understands full well.

Dude's got too much hubris in his system to change anything regarding the uniforms, though.

(Serious question: anyone know who's next in line to inherit his franchise once his time comes?)

Not to be disrespectful, but common sense would probably lead you to the answer. That is my serious answer.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Yikes. I thought the silver-green was tolerable but it's a bit much in those pics. I do think playing around with silver-blue would be nice for a change. But I'll miss those silver-greens. They were obnoxious but I grew up with those and they always seemed normal to me

I don't have a problem with it. The color is unique and sharp. If the rest of the set was in line it would be a great look.

To be clear, I'm a born and raised Dallas, so I'm with you.

Judging by that gigantic humongotron hanging from that ceiling in his giganti-size palace of his, I'd say he understands full well.

Not to be disrespectful, but common sense would probably lead you to the answer. That is my serious answer.

And here's my serious follow-up: I neither live in TX nor follow the Cowboys, so I don't know squat about their executive situation, outside of Jones pretty much running the whole shenang. That's why I asked that question.

That common sense enough? (Not to be disrespectful.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And here's my serious follow-up: I neither live in TX nor follow the Cowboys, so I don't know squat about their executive situation, outside of Jones pretty much running the whole shenang. That's why I asked that question.

That common sense enough? (Not to be disrespectful.)

Not trying to be a smart arse here, but google works really well and saves one from asking these questions in a thread aimed at uniforms. I know that wasn't the focus of your inquiry, but there is a bash Jerry tone developing in here.

The short answer is, He has a son named Stephen waiting in the wings.

Archived