If NIKE ruled the B1G (REBOOTED! Nebraska + Maryland added 8/3/13)

TheOneAndOnlyMau

Hey all! Its been a while since i've posted a concept but I managed to find some free time to sit down and crank some stuff out.

So one of my favorite concepts that ive done in the past was my B1G pro combat series where i took all the teams using Nike uniforms and developed one-off pro combat uniforms for them. Now with the recent expansion of the B1G to include Rutgers and Maryland, I thought it might be cool to go back and revisit this idea of redoing the B1G - but in this hypothetical situation Nike has exclusive rights to every school in the conference (however unrealistic ad that might be).

The design intent here wasn't necessarily to go crazy and give every school the bat :censored: crazy Nike treatment but to develop full-time sets that i think look awesome, relate to and respect the school and its history while providing modern touches and to create uniforms i think Nike would make in the real world. For the teams that are already using Nike, i want to build off of my previous pro combat concepts and try to develop cohesive sets based on the foundation i've already laid. I plan on doing home and away sets for each team and if all goes well possibly do some rivalry sets as well - we'll see.

Some C&C is welcomed and appreciated!

So far i have completed 7 teams out of 14...

Illinois
Indiana
Iowa (home,road)
Maryland
Michigan (home,road)
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern (home,road)
Ohio State
Penn State (home,road)
Purdue (home,road)
Rutgers (home,road)
Wisconsin (home,road)

Iowa:
Home
Iowa_Home_prescopy_zpsc8018c45.jpg
Road
Iowa_away_pres_zpsa036e2ff.jpg

Michigan:
Home
michgan_pres_zps287665b3.jpg
Road
michgan_away_pres_zps1308cabc.jpg

Penn State:
Home
psu_pres_zps8f406c24.jpg
Road
psu_away_pres_zps766ee76a.jpg

Purdue:
Home
purdue_pres_zpse773a799.jpg
Road
purdue_away_pres_zpsefa962e9.jpg

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be ZERO white on Michigan's home uniforms. I also could do without the helmet numbers, but good job none the less. Impressive template work as well.

This is why I like the white: it gets under Michigan fans' skin. :P

Really clean work here, Mau! Sharp templates. I'm still in love with that Iowa striping. Nice alternative to the Steelers ripoffs.

side note - can someone explain to me why white on the michigan home is such a huge deal? Shouldve done some more homework on that one apparently...

Maybe because several feel it doesn't look right? Something about a third color just doesn't feel right on schools with traditionally just 1 or 2 colors.

Just like having black on Texas Longhorns unis.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

29texan - thanks i wasn't sure if there was a legit reason that michigan didn't have white on the homes or not

Put some stripes on the Purdue and Iowa pants.

...seriously? Did you even look at them? They both have their own unique striping. What you see on the back of the purdue set actually runs up the side of the leg also.

Also, why do stripes have to run all the way up the leg? My stance is that if it doesn't need to be there, dont do it. Just some food for thought

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Hopefully ill have some more teams done soon.

side note - can someone explain to me why white on the Michigan home is such a huge deal? Should've done some more homework on that one apparently...

It's a Michigan deal. You can go crazy on the aways but god forbid it isn't as bland as possible on the homes. It does look good though. If it were numbers instead of the M on the sleeves some folks would overlook the stripes. Don't know why, they just would.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

29texan - thanks i wasn't sure if there was a legit reason that michigan didn't have white on the homes or not

...seriously? Did you even look at them? They both have their own unique striping. What you see on the back of the purdue set actually runs up the side of the leg also.

Also, why do stripes have to run all the way up the leg? My stance is that if it doesn't need to be there, dont do it. Just some food for thought

It's kind of hard to see Purdue's stripe because they are graphite/gray. You might need to lighten the area outside the legs to show it on that background.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

ok so next team up... Wisconsin

The main problem i was trying to address here was the classic "how to make wisconsin and nebraska look different" thing. I love the throwback/fauxback helmets with the oversized W on the forehead so i decided to run with that. A new, sleek, sharp W to replace the "flying W" (im not a fan, sorry) and numbers on the side. New, simple W replaces flying W across the board. Red masks because gray/anthracite/black just didnt feel right.

For the jersey, i wanted to keep it simple... tweaked double stripe (now featuring one large, one small as a common motif) and sleeve numbers. Metallic outline on the numbers. W patch on the back of the collar. The primary pants option is white to keep different than nebraska with the previously mentioned stripe pattern.

Thoughts?

Home:

wisc_home_pres_zps18d2df0b.jpg

Road:

wisc_away_pres_zps31364e34.jpg

wisc_action_home_small_zps2fe772b6.jpg

ok so next team up... Wisconsin

The main problem i was trying to address here was the classic "how to make wisconsin and nebraska look different" thing. I love the throwback/fauxback helmets with the oversized W on the forehead so i decided to run with that. A new, sleek, sharp W to replace the "flying W" (im not a fan, sorry) and numbers on the side. New, simple W replaces flying W across the board. Red masks because gray/anthracite/black just didnt feel right.

For the jersey, i wanted to keep it simple... tweaked double stripe (now featuring one large, one small as a common motif) and sleeve numbers. Metallic outline on the numbers. W patch on the back of the collar. The primary pants option is white to keep different than nebraska with the previously mentioned stripe pattern.

Thoughts?

Home:

wisc_home_pres_zps18d2df0b.jpg

Road:

wisc_away_pres_zps31364e34.jpg

wisc_action_home_small_zps2fe772b6.jpg

I absolutely love these concepts. The template is amazing. You ever give it out id love to get ahold of it, but you keep them close please keep rolling out these. Look amazing. You ever do the SEC try my Kentucky Wildcats. Once again great!

You can barely see them on the black Purdue pants and two stripes on the Iowa set is just a waste of freaking time. I am simply a fan of stripes on pants as I hate plain pants altogether. Take Oregon for instance, their current pants suck, but the one they used with the diamond plates were great because they simply put Oregon on the pants and that sufficed.

Wisconsin would not look bad if you got rid of the ugly chrome helmet.

spacer.png

You can barely see them on the black Purdue pants and two stripes on the Iowa set is just a waste of freaking time. I am simply a fan of stripes on pants as I hate plain pants altogether. Take Oregon for instance, their current pants suck, but the one they used with the diamond plates were great because they simply put Oregon on the pants and that sufficed.

Wisconsin would not look bad if you got rid of the ugly chrome helmet.

I get where youre coming from about the purdue pants, you cant see much of the side - my apologies. Im more of a fan of stripes when they serve a purpose - as in to unify a uniform set...so in some cases i dont see the need for stripes. Just curious - why are the Iowa stripes a "waste of time"?

Just to clarify, the wisconsin helmet isnt intended to be chrome. The image i used for the template just had a high gloss helmet

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Man that Wisconsin concept might be the best I've seen, honestly. Wisconsin is a very hard brand to tinker with because their current look is classic but it also resembles other uniforms, and there aren't many secondary logos or colors to draw from when tinkering with it. You still managed to maintain the simple and classic ethos while giving it a more sleek and current upgrade. The variation on the double stripe looks fantastic, Seriously great work.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

Archived