New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

From that snapshot the pants stripe will look like this

vikestripe_zpse3dfa86b.png

interesting. Modern without being over the top.

I have a feeling we're (a majority of us) going to like these uniforms.

If that's right, the question becomes is that the right leg or left? In other words, is the small stripe forward or at the back?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's right, the question becomes is that the right leg or left? In other words, is the small stripe forward or at the back?

I'd Like to think this is a persons left leg, (yellow in front).

why would this rule out a grey pants option? its not like there couldnt be 2 sets right?

Given the Vikings history, they just don't use their 2nd pants option. They rarely wore their purple pants, even though fans seemed to love them. Heck, they haven't worn them since Favre's last year with the team.

I am guessing that is the right leg and the gold stripe will be in the back.

spacer.png

Also, confirmation of no grey pants pretty much outs the reddit guy as a fraud. I still think we see grey facemasks though.

I hope not on the facemasks, but if they indeed do a chrome helmet, I don't think a gray facemask will go well with the chrome. Maybe a gold chromed facemask.

spacer.png

yszLZGA.jpg

If you look very carefully at the lower right of this image you can see the purple ends with a white egde parallel to the other stripes... in other words, there isn't another gold and black stripe on the other side... its asymmetrical. Thin black/less thin gold/thick purple.

There's no black in that image.

Not sure if it's black or purple BUT sad to see the gold. Like the use of yellow much more than gold to give a nice pop.

why would this rule out a grey pants option? its not like there couldnt be 2 sets right?

Finally, some common sense.

We can speculate all we want until the 25th. BUT NOTHING IS DEFINATE UNTIL THEN.

fyi: i dont really like the grey pants idea.

Yeah, but that's pretty much what we do here. What, you want everybody to jusy not talk about it til then?

this is a general statement to all,

No speculate as you must. Speculation feeds the mind, but some people tend to be so definitive in their statements, while writing others ideas off. just because the first photo/clue has white pants does not mean there wont be other colors. We know there are white pants, and we believe there might be grey pants, but you cant just say there will only be white pants, not yet at least.

the point is to be speculative, and not to be dismissive. we can use deductive reasoning and common sense, but we should keep an open mind.

that is all.

Back to the uniforms

Not sure if it's black or purple BUT sad to see the gold. Like the use of yellow much more than gold to give a nice pop.

I'd assume that this just has a filter on it, kind of like the image with the wordmark. It's be really weird to have uniform colors that don't match the rest of the identity.

Oh, and Shaydre, the Vikings have no history of grey pants.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

yszLZGA.jpg

If you look very carefully at the lower right of this image you can see the purple ends with a white egde parallel to the other stripes... in other words, there isn't another gold and black stripe on the other side... its asymmetrical. Thin black/less thin gold/thick purple.

After looking at the image on a contrasted background, you're right!

Stripe_on_dark_zps1caa7a21.jpg

That is white, not yellow, meaning asymmetrical. Very interesting, wasn't expecting that! Now the question is, how does this work for shoulder stripes? Nice twist.

I am guessing that is the right leg and the gold stripe will be in the back.

The way the stripe is sloping and curved to the left I think we're looking at the left hip area, which means the yellow stripe is at the front, which is what I'd prefer.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have a feeling it will be a truncated stripe design, like a cleaner designed version of what the 9ers employ, where the truncated sleeves basically cutting off where the stripes would otherwise continue, then having the pant stripes echo this for continuity. I hope then if we're doing these muted NW stripes, that this is carried over on both the white and purple. I loved the old UCLA stripe whites, but liked the 1961 whites even better. Let LSU have that uniform.

So they did end up using gray!

...on the belt loop.

Seriously though, this slow unveiling is going very well, especially with all of us on the boards. I'm sure Vikings fans are feeling the same thing.

I'm thinking most of us are really going to like what comes out.

So they did end up using gray!

...on the belt loop.

Seriously though, this slow unveiling is going very well, especially with all of us on the boards. I'm sure Vikings fans are feeling the same thing.

I'm thinking most of us are really going to like what comes out.

The Gophers did the exact same thing before their unveil. Had me hooked throughout the whole process...genius.

Not sure I'd be willing to tweet / check-in enough times to unlock the content, but thanks to the guys who are doing it!

This is a pretty cool process. For the impatient Vikings fan (not that I am one), it's kinda frustrating, but it certainly keeps us paying attention.

And if they really do make it to the 25 without a leak, kudos to them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The teams twitter posted this a few minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/...1805441/photo/1

These are likely just throwback helmets from recent years. I don't think the new uniforms will be going back to that old horn. But I suppose it could be indicative of the direction (i.e. gray facemasks)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived