New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

f3KXnaz.png

Instantly better, although the fussiness of the new horn is still a downgrade from the simple old one.

"Fussiness" is a good word for it. I kind of like some aspects of it... specifically, the small detail shadows at the southwest and northeast edges of the base circle are descriptive and nice. The "double smile" shadows at the southeast edge I can certainly live without. But the black being replaced by purple (as it was for the first 50 years or so) is an improvement, overall.

So, here we go... keep the shadows I like, lose the ones I don't, get rid of the black outline. Winner winner, chicken dinner.

vikhelm_zps40d2586f.png

Perfect*

*provided the face mask gets changed to white.

Exactly how I was picturing it, thanks for mocking those up you guys. I think either version would be a huge improvement. The black line just makes it look like a cartoon, this just looks more natural.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always loved the Vikings' helmets. But I have to admit that learning real vikings never had helmet horns has kinda spoiled it for me. Looks cool and all but if a large part of your identify is not based in reality...that's a bummer.

Yeah me too lol, but I guess it can be a fantasy nickname like the giants or titans. Maybe they should change their name to the horn helmet wearing Vikings for clarity though.

I've always loved the Vikings' helmets. But I have to admit that learning real vikings never had helmet horns has kinda spoiled it for me. Looks cool and all but if a large part of your identify is not based in reality...that's a bummer.

"reality isn't reality. perception is reality" - Paul Rand. most people think of vikings with horns. thats the viking brand

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

"reality isn't reality. perception is reality" - Rand Paul. most people think of vikings with horns. thats the viking brand

Sorry, but I had fix your Rand Paul quote, he is my senator.

spacer.png

Cowboys (ranch hands) didn't wear stars, that was for law officers.

Yeah me too lol, but I guess it can be a fantasy nickname like the giants or titans. Maybe they should change their name to the horn helmet wearing Vikings for clarity though.

These guys never really wore beards.

NotreDameFightingIrishLogo.jpg?max_width=400

"reality isn't reality. perception is reality" - Rand Paul. most people think of vikings with horns. thats the viking brand

sigh...

http://www.paul-rand.com/

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Ouch. This could be painful.

sigh...

http://www.paul-rand.com/

"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident Which everybody had decided not to see."

- Ayn Rand

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is it me, or is this board becoming less a commmunity, and more a pissing match. I'm not a mod, so i'll stop there.

I won tickets to the UNIFORM PARTY (where coincidentally the draft party takes place) So i'll have some pictures up very quickly as a sideline reporter.

steele3.jpg

You guys see any clues in this Vine the NFL just posted?

https://vine.co/v/bPeqT5rTDIB

I paused it basically frame by frame and couldn't see jerseys for the Jags, Dolphins, or Vikings. They must have conveniently left them out.

Does the neck roll look skinnier than last year on some of these?

Yes. Some of the teams have switched their collars to the new jersey template from Nike. For instance, the Chargers removed their toilet seat collars altogether.

spacer.png

I paused it basically frame by frame and couldn't see jerseys for the Jags, Dolphins, or Vikings. They must have conveniently left them out.

Yep, only 29 different jerseys, took a couple of plays to get an accurate count (jets and rams both appear in two spots) but the three to be released as expected are not there.

Does the neck roll look skinnier than last year on some of these?

Yes. Some of the teams have switched their collars to the new jersey template from Nike. For instance, the Chargers removed their toilet seat collars altogether.

Oh, I know. But maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me that those who kept the two-tone collars had them thinned out a bit so it didn't look so much like Saturday Night Fever. Guess well find out soon enough.

Oh dear god. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

2ec520676c53b91a11177e6f49cf3cd3.gif

I am sorry about the original reply. By the way, who it that in your .gif?

spacer.png

I am sorry about the original reply. By the way, who it that in your .gif?

Tracy Morgan.

Archived