New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

End by the way, since somebody asked... the Redskins' helmet looks ridiculous with the yellow mask. Oh, yeah... IMO.

It should be Burgundy.

*ducking*

Don't duck... I agree with you completely.

OH, DAMN... YOU'VE PULLED ME BACK IN!!!

I think it looks good as is. But burgundy would be better than gray.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End by the way, since somebody asked... the Redskins' helmet looks ridiculous with the yellow mask. Oh, yeah... IMO.

It should be Burgundy.

*ducking*

Don't duck... I agree with you completely.

OH, DAMN... YOU'VE PULLED ME BACK IN!!!

I think it looks good as is. But burgundy would be better than gray.

The gold makes that whole helmet pop!

spacer.png

You... You're alright in my book.

Well thank you, does that mean I can get involved in the grey face-mask debate?

It's always fun to catch people saying "but, :censored:in..." And bring it to their attention.

Right? Anything that uses "...is but..." or "...are but..." also gets me every time.

"They are butt-beggars that can count their worth." -William Shakespeare

I've always loved the Vikings' helmets. But I have to admit that learning real vikings never had helmet horns has kinda spoiled it for me. Looks cool and all but if a large part of your identify is not based in reality...that's a bummer.

The horned helmet is flawed, but like the Packers' "G" (for "Greenbay") it's not likely to ever change. I am somewhat weary of the "falseness" of the horned helmet, but my beef is that it's tough to execute. It is mimicking horns that, in reality, would start as the side of the head and curve upward. To make the "upward" illusion, the horn needs to start on the front of the helmet and I don't really like that it sits that far up. Even before I realized this, I never really liked it that much and wanted the norseman on the helmet as a kid.

It is obviously in the same spirit as the Rams and Eagles helmets. I'd say that the Rams is by far the best of the three. It was the first (so more originality points) and it has the best placement of the three.

I have to admit though, it would be very weird to see the vikings in anything but a horned helmet. So I don't advocate change, but I'd call it an overrated helmet.

On topic: I would not be stunned if we saw a matte helmet. It would be unique within the NFL, would fit nicely with the more traditional style they are going for and would make sense with Jared Allen's "tough" statement from the video. I know that his video was deliberately vague, but I still think what he said has to indicate some change. I suppose that could simply be the switch to a gray facemask, but the way they've kept it under wraps tells me that it's more than just that. I suppose it could be the "wear and tear" look that people have suggested, but that would be somewhat inconsistent with the traditional look. I hope I am right about this. I love matte helmets.

Prediction for the helmet:

• Purple shell
  • Gray mask (but please be purple)
  • Matte finish
  • No stripes
  • Black remains on the horn
  • No silly scuff marks or "wear and tear"
  • No Seahawk-like sublimation

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

[

Prediction for the helmet:

• Purple shell
  • Gray mask (but please be purple)
  • Matte finish
  • No stripes
  • Black remains on the horn
  • No silly scuff marks or "wear and tear"
  • No Seahawk-like sublimation

I would make the same predictions, pretty much. (By the way, I'm the worlds worst psychic, and always have been, so my prediction probably doesn't mean much.) One other thing... as anyone who's seen the current (soon to be former) helmet up close knows, there isn't just a metallic effect in the shell, there's also one in the decal. Little pearly sparkles in all three colors. My guess is that's gonna be gone, too, which viewed up close, will look quite a bit different, I'd think.

Is that a purple facemask or a black facemask?

Also, as anxious as I was to see the vikes uniforms, I don't like to see thier leak come out this way at this time. They were handling it so well. Why the hell were Miami and Minnesota's uniforms displayed there.

Finally, take a look at the "2" on the white jersey. That little point in the upper-right does not match the vikes preview. Am I correct?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I'm not a fan of the matte/satin helmet, but hopefully it doesn't have a pattern on it. I would prefer they didn't have purple pants because: 1) they dont have white socks to go with them; and 2) this means we will get monochromes.

We'll see how it looks when we see the whole stripes. They could have been a lot worse, but that number font is absolutely terrible. Put a standard block with a yellow outline and it's arguably one of the top five sets in football. Put any other proprietary font, with or without an outline, as long as it doesn't have thorns, and it's instantly better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm not a fan of the matte/satin helmet, but hopefully it doesn't have a pattern on it. I would prefer they didn't have purple pants because: 1) they dont have white socks to go with them; and 2) this means we will get monochromes.

We'll see how it looks when we see the whole stripes. They could have been a lot worse, but that number font is absolutely terrible. Put a standard block with a yellow outline and it's arguably one of the top five sets in football. Put any other proprietary font, with or without an outline, as long as it doesn't have thorns, and it's instantly better.

Yes. Needs the yellow and I really wish teams did not have to have proprietary fonts. Standard block looks good more often than not.

And I am not sure that we'll get mono. They've modeled it the way it should be. My guess is we'll get white pants every time the purple jersey is worn and that we'll get white pants most often with the white jersey...purple a couple of times a year.

POTD (Shared)

And I am just stunned that the Jags uniforms included a staging just ripe for a photo-op leaking of Miami and Minnesota's uniforms. That should not have happened. That said, I hope someone finds a photo from stage left (i.e., near the vikes white uniform)

POTD (Shared)

Is that sleeve on the vikings uniform purple with white and yellow stripes? Looks good so far, but the number font doesn't appear great.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived