New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spike font is terrible. But made even worse by the fact that it is only on the first number. Check out the Greenway jersey, there are no visible spikes on the 2. What the hell is going on here?

And will some one PLEASE explain what they are seeing on the road shoulders?

They cant, road sleeves are being blocked by the home jersey

The spike font is terrible. But made even worse by the fact that it is only on the first number. Check out the Greenway jersey, there are no visible spikes on the 2. What the hell is going on here?

I don't want to defend the spikes, because they suck, but they're always on the RIGHT side of the number. You can see it on the 28 jersey.

Those Jacksonville unis are not thrilling me at all. Way too much going on there. Two town helmet, double outlines on the numbers, stripes on the shoulders, crazy ass striping on the pants. Makes my head spin.

Overall happy with the Viking's unis, but absolutely hate the typeface for the numbers. A standard slab serif would have gone a long way.

It makes Seattle's uniforms look like a modern day classic.

BIjrfuKCMAEbTGr.jpg

From that angle, the only thing I'm not feeling are the road sleeves... what a fustercluck.

Honest question, how can you see the away sleeves? All I see is the home blocking the view of the away.

You can see it in the reflection of the wall/mirror. Right in front of the Jags away mannequin.

BIjot0xCIAAlbK1.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

And will some one PLEASE explain what they are seeing on the road shoulders?

They cant, road sleeves are being blocked by the home jersey

Look at the top right corner of the Greenway 2. It does not appear to have the same spike as Adrian's 2. If this is actually the case, these will look terrible.

Nike should not have had the Minnesota and Miami uniforms on display for an event like that. That's just :censored:ty planning on their part. As for the new Vikings uniforms, I agree that the number font is bad, I'm not sure if the serifs are supposed to be horns or a dragon or something, but I could have done without that detail. It looks like the horns are bigger on the helmet, not sure if it's a matte finish or not, but I don't see any obvious patterns or weird details on the helmet. The cage is most likely purple. The home uniform looks nice even if the bad number font and it looks like the road jersey keeps almost the same striping pattern and sleeves as the home jersey. I would have been fine with replacing the white stripe with purple, but it's an obscured view, so who knows. It still looks better than their abortion of a road jersey that they wore for the past few years.

I like the look of the pants and the purple pants look nice. Hopefully, they default to those on the road, because the white on white look is too generic. Both uniforms scream Vikings and I like that they're embracing the purple and running with it.

BIjrfuKCMAEbTGr.jpg

From that angle, the only thing I'm not feeling are the road sleeves... what a fustercluck.

Honest question, how can you see the away sleeves? All I see is the home blocking the view of the away.

You can see it in the reflection of the wall/mirror. Right in front of the Jags away mannequin.

BIjot0xCIAAlbK1.jpg

Except those are the home uniforms. As evident by the purple jersey and white pants.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

LOL Reddit guy/BradyIsMyHomeboy. Those Vikings helmets seem pretty standard for the team.

Anyway they look great so far, but I'd like a better look at the helmet and the road sleeves before I decide on them. The numbers are goofy and kind of stick out, but the entire package is a massive upgrade over the previous set, so they're not as offensive as they could be.

BIjrfuKCMAEbTGr.jpg

BIjot0xCIAAlbK1.jpg

Except those are the home uniforms. As evident by the purple jersey and white pants.

I didn't notice the pants. It looks like a white jersey to me, but it's a bad angle in the first place.

EDIT: Looks like the mirror is distorting the jersey, so the white that I thought was the jersey is just the white stripe from the home jersey. My mistake.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived