New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone zoom in on the picture enough / change the contrast / whatever else needs to be done to verify that ONLY the first digit has the spikes? The top of Greenway's 2 does seem to be missing the spike, but it could be that the spike wraps around the other side of the shoulder pads.

If its indeed only on the first number I am beyond confused. Has any other football team ever used a different font for the first and second digits on their numbers?

Another issue that hasn't receieved enough discussion: the shoulder stripes.

From the picture of the uniform reflected on the glass, it certainly appears as though the white stripe gets bigger as it moves toward the back of the jersey. Perhaps this is meant to resemble the number font spike. And if you look at the head-on picture of the Greenway jersey, it looks like the white could start angling upwards. I'm not sure how much I would like this look, it would probably remind me too much of the '06-'12 jerseys.

And have we reached any consensus regarding whether the facemask is purple or black?

White facemasks on a colored helmet never look good. They end up being way too bright and distracting. The facemask should be a compliment to the helmet and not a distraction. This is what the Chiefs, Redskins and Patriot's helmets all have wrong.

Chiefs and Redskins have two of the better-looking helmets in the league. The Skins' gold facemask is what makes the helmet great.

Compare and gell me what looks better:

3001283_RM_Redskins_72_77_2.png

23-41654-Y.jpg

Again:

dhf_82058_l.jpg221001139.jpg

kansas-city-chiefs-replica-mini-helmet-3349635.jpg

The Patriots look fine with the red facemask, but the horrible logo kills their helmet.

I think both of those look better with the grey mask, especially given the style of uniforms both teams wear. The Redskins really look best in the dark burgundy helmet and grey mask with mustard gold trim they wore with their spear throwbacks.

I am SOOOOO STOKED ABOUT THESE

These fricken rock, the PURPLE PRIDE IS BACK

none of that damn yellow

and the HORNS are not gone.... do they look bigger ?

and easliy the best out of the three

Jacksonville, I mean come on????????

Love those OLD SCHOOL numbers.

new_zps3c554030.png

Eh...I see it but it doesn't make much of a difference to me. It still looks forced and unnecessary. If you are going to trot in a new version of an old uniform then leave it well enough alone and just bring it back. I keep thinking of the Chargers when I look at these. They decide to bring back an old popular uniform and then screw it up with a crappy number font. *shakes head*

Seconded.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

How soon until Nike ruins matte helmets? Or did they already?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Another issue that hasn't receieved enough discussion: the shoulder stripes.

From the picture of the uniform reflected on the glass, it certainly appears as though the white stripe gets bigger as it moves toward the back of the jersey. Perhaps this is meant to resemble the number font spike. And if you look at the head-on picture of the Greenway jersey, it looks like the white could start angling upwards. I'm not sure how much I would like this look, it would probably remind me too much of the '06-'12 jerseys.

And have we reached any consensus regarding whether the facemask is purple or black?

I think it looks very possible that the top stripe on the sleeve thickens upwards, potentially meant to be reminiscent of the ship forms that the Vikings cited early on as a design influence:

DesignResearch2b.jpg

I am excited to have all of these remaining questions answered once the actual unveiling comes around. Right now, I am loving what I see. It looks to be exactly what we were promised: a traditional football uniform with some modern flair.

The purple pants really go well with the white top.

I will miss the all white though... But this look boss..

I doubt you will. I would be stunned if the Vikings wore those purple pants more than once a year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The purple pants really go well with the white top.

I will miss the all white though... But this look boss..

Please don't say something looks "boss".

Hahahahahahaha. Numberz hun times bedda dan da jagz.....also whom spoke of thy new uniform being a throwback of sorts?! I am sure those pants stripes nor the stripes on the jersey were ever a part of their history so just because a uniform is changing to a more traditional

Setup doesn't mean that a number font that does actually resemble something of their identity is out of place on a new uniform. Would they be appropriate if the Vikings went Jacksonville on their unis?

I'm actually in the category of Vikings fans that would like to see them default to wearing the purple pants on the road. I'm sure they'll still wear the all white look at times, but I find it horribly bland. Maybe the all white uniforms will look better with the new uniforms, but their last road uniforms were a disaster. I also think that the new purple pants with the matte finish and the stripe running down the side look a lot nicer than their previous purple pants, so I could see them wear the purple pants more often. I also don't mind all purple uniforms, but once every other season is enough for that combination.

So how pissed are vikings and dolphins right now? Does Nike owe them anything for this leak?

I heard it was a Jacksonville reporter who leaked it but why would they have all unis on display?

I'm assuming the picture came from Nike HQ. So, someone that was invited took the pictures.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived