New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

I've been picturing this ever since the sleeve striping on the purple jersey was revealed. I know it's not exactly the same, but I feel like there are some parallels. And yes, I mean it as a positive comparison.

bolts_uniforms.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very pleased, its should make the old timers happy and us uniform buffs as well, love the shoulder striping, as others have said not to big on the number font. Im so glad they didn't mess with the helmet too much, taking the Viking horn off the helmet is like taking the horns of the rams and the star off the cowboys helmet IMO

moss_moon.gif

I have continued to be slightly confused by the way that the white and yellow stripes are clearly applied to the sleeve in 2 different ways in this photo:

pXrrsHN.jpg

The yellow is simply sewn over top of the purple, while the white seems to be embedded. The potential upturn/thickening of the white stripe at the rear of the sleeve could be the cause for this discrepancy in application.

It's conjecture, but now somewhat more educated conjecture.

I haven't seen anyone point out the lone gold stripe on the furthest right side of the pant striping, you can see white to the left of it so it isn't just the gold stripe between two purple stripes we saw on the teaser. There's more to it.

BIjrfuKCMAEbTGr.jpg

And this thickening of the stripe thing towards the back just absolutely destroys it to me, just ruins it. Super disappointed. Hopefully they silently update it to regular stripes and numbers in a year or two.

Whatever.. it's still 100x better than the old ones.

So how pissed are vikings and dolphins right now? Does Nike owe them anything for this leak?

I heard it was a Jacksonville reporter who leaked it but why would they have all unis on display?

I hear nike has offered up to do anthracite alternates and chome helmets with oversized logos for both teams for free as to make up for the early leak.

Alright time to reassign some priorities in this thread.

1. They got the important s*** right. We got purple pants, the collar is fixed, the helmet is purple and has a horn, praise be to purple jesus/god.

2. The facemasks are either black or purple it looks like, I'm chill with either. As long as the helmet doesn't have some dumbass reverse yellow Broncos stripe coming from the back we are all good on that front. People couldn't stop sh***ing on the POSSIBILITY of grey facemasks non-stop for seemingly half this thread and all they can show for it is a golf clap of sorts. Get bent bros.

3. The serifs are different no doubt, I'm withholding judgement until I can legitimately see the full number AND lettering set. Not a big deal to change that down the line if it ends up being something that bugs people in the organization.

4. The pants striping looks pretty solid, still want a better shot to give it the final thumbs up down.

Unless there is some drastic twist this set has to be top 5 in the league. Sorry font haters but it's true that even without the outlining (which I agree would look better) this s*** looks clean. Two thumbs way up. I can finally retire my Moss throwback and get myself some new gear.

Skol bi***es.

Is the PURPLE different of is it just the lighting. If you side by side last years with this years reveal the Purple looks darker.

Colorwrx says its actually lighter or unchanged

Can anyone clarify?

Alright time to reassign some priorities in this thread.

1. They got the important s*** right. We got purple pants, the collar is fixed, the helmet is purple and has a horn, praise be to purple jesus/god.

2. The facemasks are either black or purple it looks like, I'm chill with either. As long as the helmet doesn't have some dumbass reverse yellow Broncos stripe coming from the back we are all good on that front. People couldn't stop sh***ing on the POSSIBILITY of grey facemasks non-stop for seemingly half this thread and all they can show for it is a golf clap of sorts. Get bent bros.

3. The serifs are different no doubt, I'm withholding judgement until I can legitimately see the full number AND lettering set. Not a big deal to change that down the line if it ends up being something that bugs people in the organization.

4. The pants striping looks pretty solid, still want a better shot to give it the final thumbs up down.

Unless there is some drastic twist this set has to be top 5 in the league. Sorry font haters but it's true that even without the outlining (which I agree would look better) this s*** looks clean. Two thumbs way up. I can finally retire my Moss throwback and get myself some new gear.

Skol bi***es.

agree fully!!

6hrq0k.png

new_zps3c554030.png

Eh...I see it but it doesn't make much of a difference to me. It still looks forced and unnecessary. If you are going to trot in a new version of an old uniform then leave it well enough alone and just bring it back. I keep thinking of the Chargers when I look at these. They decide to bring back an old popular uniform and then screw it up with a crappy number font. *shakes head*

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not defending it, just pointing out what I think will be the reasoning. I'm fully prepared to hate this font. It will no doubt be the one thing I'll have trouble getting past with this uniform.

I'm not seeing this "thickening" of the sleeve stripe at all. Can someone blow it up? What am I missing? IMO this blurry image is too hard to make out for details like that. Still waiting for thursday.

screenshot20130423at224.png

Although this photo makes it look like it has a side panel too, and we're sure that's not on it (right?)

The purple pants didnt work before, why did they have to be brought back?

I believe the main reason they did not work with the last uniform was because of the break in the stripe. However, I believe with this set the purple pants look amazing with the white jersey. Hopefully people give them a shot.

spacer.png

new_zps3c554030.png

Eh...I see it but it doesn't make much of a difference to me. It still looks forced and unnecessary. If you are going to trot in a new version of an old uniform then leave it well enough alone and just bring it back. I keep thinking of the Chargers when I look at these. They decide to bring back an old popular uniform and then screw it up with a crappy number font. *shakes head*

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not defending it, just pointing out what I think will be the reasoning. I'm fully prepared to hate this font. It will no doubt be the one thing I'll have trouble getting past with this uniform.

lol. I'm sure like everything else in life it won't be as bad as we are making it out to be.

I just wish they had stuck to the plan and brought back the old unis with a small flair of modernization. Sometimes its more than okay to be predictable so long as it's done with some class and with a high level of execution.

Archived