New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

so the only helmet change is the black mask and the touching horns? Not matte? not different horn shading?

Pretty sure that's a satin-y finish on the helmet, and there's no side view of the helmet to see exactly WHAT they did with the emblem. I'm sure we'll see plenty of it in a few hours though.

satin finish vs shinny or what? Basically what I ask is when riddell sells the new vikings mini, it will look the same except for the black mask? Does riddell mini do a satin vs shinny finish?

You know, I couldn't say for sure if Riddell does it but the Vikings did, it's definitely not glossy. If Riddell DOES do it though it'll be pretty sweet to have one! Might check on a Riddell mini of Rutgers or the Seahawks to see if it's even a possibility?

I have all of the current nfl minis, the seahawks is not quite as shiny as the other navy helmets but you have to hold them up in the natural light to notice.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so which are the real pants?

Dz1LHMm.jpg

Or

zdjjOf1.jpg

Both. Players can opt to use either pants design, whatever is comfort. Noticed a lot of that last season

Interesting. It sure does look cleaner without the padded add-on, though.

so the only helmet change is the black mask and the touching horns? Not matte? not different horn shading?

Pretty sure that's a satin-y finish on the helmet, and there's no side view of the helmet to see exactly WHAT they did with the emblem. I'm sure we'll see plenty of it in a few hours though.

satin finish vs shinny or what? Basically what I ask is when riddell sells the new vikings mini, it will look the same except for the black mask? Does riddell mini do a satin vs shinny finish?

You know, I couldn't say for sure if Riddell does it but the Vikings did, it's definitely not glossy. If Riddell DOES do it though it'll be pretty sweet to have one! Might check on a Riddell mini of Rutgers or the Seahawks to see if it's even a possibility?

I have all of the current nfl minis, the seahawks is not quite as shiny as the other navy helmets but you have to hold them up in the natural light to notice.

Hmmmm... Well I wonder what the difference is between the Seattle finish and the Minnesota finish, if there is any? That is, I wonder if one is shinier? Seems like the color difference wouldn't be the determining factor in the overall shiny-ness, more the type of paint used. I would expect every memorabilia manufacturer to come out with new product to follow the actual team's changes though, so you're probably in for another purchase.

Dz1LHMm.jpg

Or

zdjjOf1.jpg

Maybe the "belt-pad" thingy is an optional piece? Some players might use it, others might not? Just a thought.

I'd guess they maybe photographed him in a blank uniform and it's mostly photoshopped?

I know this has been done with Nike in the past.

Dz1LHMm.jpg

Or

zdjjOf1.jpg

Maybe the "belt-pad" thingy is an optional piece? Some players might use it, others might not? Just a thought.

I'd guess they maybe photographed him in a blank uniform and it's mostly photoshopped?

I know this has been done with Nike in the past.

Now that you mention it, if you look at AD's right hand, and the jersey behind the glove, something doesn't look totally natural here.

The Vikings page on Nike's site is now online.

http://www.nike.com/...s-jersey-reveal

Well... I wonder how long THOSE have been up! Excellent detective work. The shoulders aren't as bad as I thought they would be, and honestly the whole look is just as tough as I had hoped. Somebody had better put *Spoiler Alert* on the title of this thread.

Nice work Danny! :notworthy: The Uni Watch guy can't take credit for these.

Thanks.

Hmmmm... Well I wonder what the difference is between the Seattle finish and the Minnesota finish, if there is any? That is, I wonder if one is shinier? Seems like the color difference wouldn't be the determining factor in the overall shiny-ness, more the type of paint used. I would expect every memorabilia manufacturer to come out with new product to follow the actual team's changes though, so you're probably in for another purchase.

Probably b/c I'm ocd about my NFL room. I had to buy a 2nd 80s version of the vikings jersey b/c the current(throwbacks) ones had the tv numbers on the shoulders, the 80s were on the sleeves. Current Vikings mini has a metallic finish.

So that Vikings helmet seems like something very much in line with what the team has worn before. Purple shell, horns on the sides. There are differences, definitely, but it does look like what we'd expect a Vikings helmet to look like.

What's that now? Strike seven for Reddit Guy/BradyIsMyHomeboy?

I gotta interject here. I get that being an :censored: is your forte, but the reddit guy was spot on with Jacksonville and now Minnesota saying that it blends modern and traditional, purple and white the main colors, and that the helmet was unlike any they had ever worn. He even said black facemask after the first pictures leaked when we all thought it was purple. I'm convinced "Reddit guy" and bradyshomey are two separate people.

Number treatment (which I can see also carries up to the NOBs) is completely unnecessary. Black facemask is a non-starter for me since black is so close to purple it's barely indistinguishable from a distance. Don't care to read the marketing schpill, so I won't.

All in all, solid, clean update. And...they finally look the Vikings again. B+.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I really like the black facemask. It has been my experience that a purple mask does not look good with a purple helmet. My high School team did that when I was a freshman and the purples did not match at all and I hated it (we changed to white the next year and it was a bit better). It is hard to match purples so maybe they just couldn't find a way to make the purple mask not stand out like a sore thumb? I think a grey mask would have been the worst choice of the three. it really would have clashed with the helmet so I think black was the way to go here.

I really like the black facemask. It has been my experience that a purple mask does not look good with a purple helmet. My high School team did that when I was a freshman and the purples did not match at all and I hated it (we changed to white the next year and it was a bit better). It is hard to match purples so maybe they just couldn't find a way to make the purple mask stand out like a sore thumb? I think a grey mask would have been the worst choice of the three. it really would have clashed with the helmet so I think black was the way to go here.

Excellent point.

spacer.png

I just noticed that part on the sleeve striping that expands on the back of the sleeves. Completely ruins this for me. Just continue the stripes and you have a winner. I can deal with the numbers, the side stripe is something different. But i don't see a reason to mess up the sleeve stripes.

So that Vikings helmet seems like something very much in line with what the team has worn before. Purple shell, horns on the sides. There are differences, definitely, but it does look like what we'd expect a Vikings helmet to look like.

What's that now? Strike seven for Reddit Guy/BradyIsMyHomeboy?

I gotta interject here. I get that being an :censored: is your forte, but the reddit guy was spot on with Jacksonville and now Minnesota saying that it blends modern and traditional, purple and white the main colors, and that the helmet was unlike any they had ever worn. He even said black facemask after the first pictures leaked when we all thought it was purple. I'm convinced "Reddit guy" and bradyshomey are two separate people.

No. Reddit guy said the Jags would have three pants and the Dolphins would have a crazy 3rd jersey. So no. Just stop.

I just noticed that part on the sleeve striping that expands on the back of the sleeves. Completely ruins this for me. Just continue the stripes and you have a winner. I can deal with the numbers, the side stripe is something different. But i don't see a reason to mess up the sleeve stripes.

Nike ran wild with the boat theme. They claim the shapes on the jerseys are supposed to represent longboat bows and sails. There's also a runic or Norse knot design inside the collar. It's interesting that they tried to include elements of Norse history into the design, but it does seem unnecessary. At the very least they look like the Vikings again, so I can live with a few oddities, but Nike did overthink things.

Archived