New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you begging for serifs on the second numerals, it doesn't make much design sense to add useless serifs to a, mostly round "8" and "9". The serifs were present on the initial leaks of the "2".

Calm down, they'll be on both, when the numbers call for them to be. :lol:

You sure? Didn't look that way on the leak.

51443d1366772921-vikings-new-uniforms-leaked-two-days-before-official-announcement-new-vikings-uniform.png

EDIT: And confirmation that they aren't:

BIu5qTuCUAEiHKu.jpg

From VIKINKS.COM tempIMG_5821_2013UniHelmet--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=620&height=465

I think the helmet looks awesome with the black facemask when all you're looking at is the helmet. The problem is when you look at the uniform as a whole, the facemask is the only thing in the entire set that's black (besides the cleats.) I love the matte on it's own too, but not sure how I feel about it with the uniform as a whole again.

And the purple pants are beautiful. I hope we see them a lot more than the we did the purple pants in the previous set. Just keep them away from the purple jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I give it a 9.5/10.

I agree. It would be a 10 if it weren't for the black facemask. I just don't get that. I felt the same about the Gophers football design. The black just doesn't make sense in a uniform otherwise devoid of the color.

The black actually does make sense. A purple mask would look weird because of the matte helmet. The black mask makes the black trim on the horns look better.

Harrison Smith just tweeted this. Are they really going to have two different 2s?

BIu3JeBCEAAAvRD.jpg

Why wouldn't the second "2" have a rounded edge on the lower left side of the numeral though?

You're right. The top is correct, the bottom needs to be fixed.

I have to chime in quickly (for now).

I like it. What I thought would bother me (sleeve stripe up-swoops, number font) do not seem to bother me at all.

I'm not a fan of the black facemask... don't get it. Also, the purple socks being worn with the purple pants will NEVER be OK with me. EVER.

Those 2 details drag it down... otherwise a good job.

I'll come back later with more to say, I'm sure.

I give it a 9.5/10.

I agree. It would be a 10 if it weren't for the black facemask. I just don't get that. I felt the same about the Gophers football design. The black just doesn't make sense in a uniform otherwise devoid of the color.

What keeps it from being a 10/10 for me is the matte finish on the helmet. I think it would've looked better If they did a Seahawks like finish

Harrison Smith just tweeted this. Are they really going to have two different 2s?

BIu3JeBCEAAAvRD.jpg

get over it....

I only said that because it would flow better if they used the serif one for both of them. How about you get over yourself? This was the first jersey that shared the same numbers on both ends, so I just pointed it out.

If they just rounded the bottom-left corner of the second 2, it would fit the scheme. The squarish corner kills it.

newsig.jpg

Fantastic uniform I think this one could last a while esp if they switch the combos and keep it fresh because those purple pants are great with the away top. And the black mask works because of the logo outline plus it doesn't stand out and takes it to a grudgy level vikingesque

Archived