New Vikings Uniforms

jakemon08

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the only helmet change is the black mask and the touching horns? Not matte? not different horn shading?

Pretty sure that's a satin-y finish on the helmet, and there's no side view of the helmet to see exactly WHAT they did with the emblem. I'm sure we'll see plenty of it in a few hours though.

so the only helmet change is the black mask and the touching horns? Not matte? not different horn shading?

Pretty sure that's a satin-y finish on the helmet, and there's no side view of the helmet to see exactly WHAT they did with the emblem. I'm sure we'll see plenty of it in a few hours though.

satin finish vs shinny or what? Basically what I ask is when riddell sells the new vikings mini, it will look the same except for the black mask? Does riddell mini do a satin vs shinny finish? My Seahawks helmet is slightly less shiny than the other navy helmets.

The pant stripe is nice. I am happy to be wrong about my prediction that it thickened at the bottom.

But the white shoulder stripe is completely consistent with what we saw on the reflected image Tuesday. It doesn't look as bad as I imagined, but still pretty pointless. I don't think the pant stripe and sleeve strip go together all that well, but its looks fine.

The decision on the numbers is just so odd. 90%+ of comments in this thread state they like the uni design overall but hate / dislike / don't care for / are confused by the number font. I've heard the exact same thing from people I've talked to in Minneapolis over the last couple days. Did they not focus group this design? How the hell did those spike serifs on the first digit only make it into the final design? UGH!

For those of you begging for serifs on the second numerals, it doesn't make much design sense to add useless serifs to a, mostly round "8" and "9". The serifs were present on the initial leaks of the "2".

Calm down, they'll be on both, when the numbers call for them to be. :lol:

satin finish vs shinny or what? Basically what I ask is when riddell sells the new vikings mini, it will look the same except for the black mask? Does riddell mini do a satin vs shinny finish?

You know, I couldn't say for sure if Riddell does it but the Vikings did, it's definitely not glossy. If Riddell DOES do it though it'll be pretty sweet to have one! Might check on a Riddell mini of Rutgers or the Seahawks to see if it's even a possibility?

The horns touching on the helmet is a bit odd and I would have preferred a purple facemask to black, but it's not the end of the world. The numbers look a bit better in the detailed pictures, but they really could have done without the sail serif on the first numbers. I'm not quite sure what to think of the stripes widening on the back of the sleeves. It's a bit odd, but maybe it will grow on me. Still a major improvement over their previous uniforms and I like the new name font. It has the same silly serifs as the numbers, but looks less out of place. Does anyone else see a whale tail between the two numbers? Maybe it's an homage to Norwegian whalers?

So that Vikings helmet seems like something very much in line with what the team has worn before. Purple shell, horns on the sides. There are differences, definitely, but it does look like what we'd expect a Vikings helmet to look like.

What's that now? Strike seven for Reddit Guy/BradyIsMyHomeboy?

The black facemask looks really bad and unnecessary. If you're not gonna go purple go grey, woulda been perfect with a purple mask.

aside from that though i think it looks good, coulda done without the widening on the stripes but still good and way better than the last set

Archived