The Logocast presents NBA Uniform Power Rankings

mania

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad to see OKC at the bottom or near the bottom in most of you guys' lists. They are far and away the most uninspired NBA jerseys.

Mainly because they're ripoffs from head to toe. The collar trim is the exact same as the late '90s Warriors set and the rest looks like the 2000's Knicks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1. Boston - The teams with the most championships should keep it classic

19. Chicago – Classics but Jordan is not coming back through that door, folks. Pippen and Rodman are not coming back through that door. It’s time for something newer.

So why does Boston get to keep their classic look, but Chicago has to change theirs?

19. Chicago – Classics but Jordan is not coming back through that door, folks. Pippen and Rodman are not coming back through that door. It’s time for something newer.

So why does Boston get to keep their classic look, but Chicago has to change theirs?

Because Boston has the most championships and it goes back in history much farther than Chicago. Multiple sets of legends and future legends have brought titles to this city and the same goes for the Lakers but they changed theirs. The Bulls have only seen rings while number 23 was there. If Derrick Rose can win multiple championships there, then I wouldn't mind them staying classic.

I'll just wait for Jerry West to siphon Steph Curry out of there and hand deliver him to the Lakers as he did with Pau Gasol, and this team can remain a loser in their loser uniforms.

Wow, entitled much?

I'm not a Lakers fan but we all know where Jerry West's loyalties lie. He got Gasol for nothing and then left the Grizzlies organization. I believe he is going to do the same thing in Golden State. Think about it, Kobe Bryant doesn't have many years left and the Lakers can never be without a superstar. Kobe is a second generation NBA player, so is Steph Curry. The day after Kobe either retires or sustains a career ending injury, the Lakers fans will demand another superstar instantly and Steph Curry fits the bill. Besides, The Warriors will be Harrison Barnes' team as soon as he gets used to the NBA game and starts putting up larger numbers. I can't think of any other superstars that can come behind Kobe and make the Laker fans happy.

1. Chicago

2. Boston

3. Miami

4. Los Angeles (Lakers)

5. San Antonio

6. Dallas

7. Denver

8. Toronto

9. Atlanta

10. Los Angeles (Clippers)

11. Portland

12. Brooklyn

13. Milwaukee

14. Indiana

15. Memphis

16. Houston

17. Detroit

18. Cleveland

19. Philadelphia

20. New Orleans

21. Utah

22. Minnesotta

23. Orlando

24. New York

25. Oklahoma City

26. Sacramento

27. Phoenix

28. Washington

29. Charlotte

30. Golden State

I don't understand what's so appealing about the LA Lakers logo. In its current iteration it looks extremely dated, especially with those random "speed lines" and improper perspective on the basketball. Yeah, they've won a lot of championships. But that doesn't justify using a wordmark as a logo or having those terribly dated elements.

Because Boston has the most championships and it goes back in history much farther than Chicago. Multiple sets of legends and future legends have brought titles to this city and the same goes for the Lakers but they changed theirs. The Bulls have only seen rings while number 23 was there. If Derrick Rose can win multiple championships there, then I wouldn't mind them staying classic.

Let me see if I have this straight... The Bulls have what are essentially *perfect, classic basketball uniforms but they don't have enough titles so they should ditch them? No offense, but that's just dumb.

*That might be a clue as to who's going to be #1 on my list.

BB52Big.jpg

Let me see if I have this straight... The Bulls have what are essentially *perfect, classic basketball uniforms but they don't have enough titles so they should ditch them? No offense, but that's just dumb.

Other organizations with deeper histories have went through changes. The Bulls need a new look and should break out these current uniforms on throwback nights where they will make sense. If you look closely, the Celtics uniforms are actually different in minor ways to the actual original jersey.

The only significant change Chicago ever attempted on the regular away jersey was giving it that shimmery effect the Denver Nuggets jersey had when they first changed to the powder blue and yellow ones. That failed and Chicago hasn't tried anything else ever since. I just feel they could use a modern overhaul.

1. Boston

2. Chicago

3. Golden State

4. Cleveland

5. Lakers

6. San Antonio

7. Houston

8. New York

9. Utah

10. Portland

11. Brooklyn

12. Miami

13. Denver

14. Clippers

15. Philadelphia

16. New Orleans

17. Milwaukee

18. Indiana

19. Orlando

20. Detroit

21. Washington

22. Phoenix

23. Atlanta

24. Minnesota

25. Toronto

26. Oklahoma City

27. Dallas

28. Charlotte

29. Memphis

30. Sacramento

1 Chicago Bulls

2 Los Angeles Lakers

3 Boston Celtics

4 New York Knicks

5 Cleveland Cavaliers

6 San Antonio Spurs

7 Portland Trailblazers

8 Washington Wizards

9 Brooklyn Nets

10 Dallas Mavericks

11 Los Angeles Clippers

12 Miami Heat

13 Detroit Pistons

14 Denver Nuggets

15 Atlanta Hawks

16 Milwaukee Bucks

17 Minnesota Timberwolves

18 Indiana Pacers

19 Oklahoma City Thunder

20 Philadelphia 76ers

21 Houston Rockets

22 Orlando Magic

23 New Orleans Hornets

24 Golden State Warriors

25 Toronto Raptors

26 Sacramento Kings

27 Utah Jazz

28 Phoenix Suns

29 Charlotte Bobcats

30 Memphis Grizzlies

Other organizations with deeper histories have went through changes. The Bulls need a new look and should break out these current uniforms on throwback nights where they will make sense. If you look closely, the Celtics uniforms are actually different in minor ways to the actual original jersey.

The only significant change Chicago ever attempted on the regular away jersey was giving it that shimmery effect the Denver Nuggets jersey had when they first changed to the powder blue and yellow ones. That failed and Chicago hasn't tried anything else ever since. I just feel they could use a modern overhaul.

Change for the sake of change is never good.

jNTsTyQ.png

2. Atlanta – This is a design work of genius. I would like to see it in the classic Hawks color scheme

3. Orlando – Another design work of genius

5. Toronto – Stroke of genius

Can you explain how these are "strokes of genius"?

"best uniform design" includes home/road designs, word marks and number fonts. based on craftsmanship, originality (against 2012/13 NBA), and personal aesthetic preference. (not sure how/what everyone else is judging)

1 Washington Wizards

2 Boston Celtics

3 Brooklyn Nets

4 Indiana Pacers

5 Chicago Bulls

6 LA Clippers

7 Dallas Mavericks

8 Minnesota Timberwolves

9 Orlando Magic

10 Cleveland Cavs

11 Detroit Pistons

12 Atlanta Hawks