MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll posted updates once I finish the division. As a note, the hats are interchangeable. I just pair them with what I feel they would mostly go with.

Los Angeles Dodgers

Next up is the Dodgers. I think the home and road uniforms are perfect. So perfect that I didn't change a thing with them. The alternates were where I let myself have some fun with a traditional team. The home alternate is based on the Brooklyn throwbacks they wore a few years ago. In basically an update of that, I changed the wordmark to the Dodgers logo instead of the Brooklyn one, updated the font, added a NOB, and made the pants white. I feel it is a modern twist on a throwback. The road alternate is pretty self-explanatory. The gray bill hat is an update of a hat that I felt could worked for the team if the logo was white and the hat wasn't paired with that uniform.

Dodgers1_zps74ee2bce.jpg

Dodgers2_zpsdda8dc71.jpg

Dodgers3_zps95aac8dd.jpg

Mostly pretty good. The one thing I would do is replace the gray-billed hat with a light blue one to go with the light blue jersey. The gray-billed hat does look good with the road alt, but if you're only using two hats per team then I think it should be a higher priority to make a hat that matches the home alt because the regular hat does not look good with that set. I think a plain light blue hat with a white LA mark would look great. Also, I would go white undershirt and white socks with the home alt set.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Mostly pretty good. The one thing I would do is replace the gray-billed hat with a light blue one to go with the light blue jersey. The gray-billed hat does look good with the road alt, but if you're only using two hats per team then I think it should be a higher priority to make a hat that matches the home alt because the regular hat does not look good with that set. I think a plain light blue hat with a white LA mark would look great. Also, I would go white undershirt and white socks with the home alt set.

The only problem with your suggestions is that it goes against the uniform it is based on.

throwback_jersey300x200.jpg

So, I would say that the hat does go with the powder blue jersey. I also think that white socks look bad with a baseball uniform. I think there has to be some color after the pants.

Love the dodgers set. What program do you use to make these?

Thanks! I use Photoshop for my concepts.

OK good. Do you have the non player template that you could send to me?

I think it was this one that TimEOBrien made, which I am thankful for as well. I found it in the .PSD thread.

San Francisco Giants

Well I'm back with the Giants. Basically, the gold drop shadow was dropped from the home and road wordmarks and the sleeve patch on the home was changed to the circle logo because I felt the other one was kind of bulky. New orange jersey uses cream more to give it some more color. A new black jersey is added with an orange wordmark, instead of the black one with an orange outline. Stripes on socks are also now mandatory. Orange billed hat to be worn with alternates or Sundays or whatever.

Giants1_zpscd34e9d1.jpg

Giants2_zps0c77ae45.jpg

Giants3_zps4f333d02.jpg

The San Francisco Giants look nice. Great job, the scripts look better without the gold dropshadow. Maybe have no patch on the home and home alternate jerseys and see how that looks? Sort of like how Boston does.

This is another really good concept, the only thing I would have liked to see is the "SF" monogram on the road sets or at least on the road alternate.

I didn't really know if people liked the SF on the road uniform. I like having the wordmark on the gray, but it could work on the black jersey. Hopefully some updates will be soon. Thanks everyone.

Thanks guys! I'm working on getting these out quicker. I've been pretty busy lately and that's the reason there is so much time in between post.

Diamondbacks Update

Piping added to the home and red jerseys to help fill some space on the front.

Diamondbacks1_zpsb9f54bdd.jpg

DiamondbacksUpdate2_zps66e4fafb.jpg

DiamondbacksUpdate3_zps68f027f3.jpg

Okay, well next up

Chicago Cubs

The home jersey is one of the best in baseball. That and the home alternate went untouched. With the road and road alternate, I incorporated red and added some piping. No real reason behind it, I just like the way it looks. I thought about useing navy blue for the road alternate, but it just didn't look like the Cubs. Red billed hat, which was great, returns for the road jerseys.

Cubs1_zps0af503e0.jpg

Cubs2_zps98ccbe02.jpg

Cubs3_zps57a24a68.jpg

Okay, well I should be posting on a more regular baisis now, so hopefully that leads to more responses.

Pittsburgh Pirates

I've always thought that the Pirates are one of those teams that should be wearing vest. They have a history of it and it is just a good look for the team. Basically, it's a return to what they were wearing before the latest update and with no pinstripe uniform. The alternates are a button down version of their new alternate, with more of a gold than mustered and a black version as a road alternate. Logo changed to eliminate red. I know its been done before but it still looks better than what they have.

Pirates1_zps3b095ed5.jpg

Pirates2_zps91df2a6d.jpg

Pirates3_zpsdea85780.jpg

Archived