MLB Uniform Concepts

rroy0824

With the Dodgers Alternative Home Uniforms I think its great that you used the throwback Brooklyn style but the pants where also baby blue and not white. Also think about adding white Sleeves, White Belt, and White Sox to the Mix. The reality was that the Sox, undershirt, and belt that they used was Dodger Blue.

I understand, but those were made to be more of a fauxback instead of a true throwback. I couldn't really see the Dodgers wearing solid blue uniforms in today's world. Really, the Royals are probably the only team that could get away with it and I wanted it to be something unique for them.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s been a while so I’m just going to start the AL East right now.

Boston Red Sox

For such a traditional team, I actually have some changes. The home uniform stays the same because it is pretty much perfect. I’ve always found their road set to be kind of boring. I reverted back to the old red dominated set because I’ve always thought it was better. The red hat returns to be used with whatever uniform and piping is added back to the alternates to match the home and road uniforms.

RedSox1_zps0c5adc8f.jpg

RedSox2_zpse10d0472.jpg

RedSox3_zps43ffc6d5.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays

Toronto looks almost perfect after their last update. The only thing they missed in the last update is an update on a throwback. A powder blue jersey with a white billed hat is added and the script on the other blue alternate is changed to say Toronto, since it will be worn on the road. Blue pants could be added for the home alternate if people prefer it.

BlueJays1_zps5fecf618.jpg

BlueJays2_zps6615ee54.jpg

BlueJays3_zps61be6675.jpg

I think you should try and see what that alternate cap would look like with the home jersey.

I thought about doing that. The only thing I was worried about was the Orioles are in the same division and have a white panel hat. I didn't want them to be too similar.

I think you should try and see what that alternate cap would look like with the home jersey.

I thought about doing that. The only thing I was worried about was the Orioles are in the same division and have a white panel hat. I didn't want them to be too similar.

But honestly, that wouldn't matter with the huge color differential they have. And c'mon, this is nostalgia at its finest right here..

bej0xgrl2s31sgse9p0t8tute.gif

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

But honestly, that wouldn't matter with the huge color differential they have. And c'mon, this is nostalgia at its finest right here..

bej0xgrl2s31sgse9p0t8tute.gif

Haha, well that's true. I could change it. I am curious to know how others feel about it.

Tampa Bay Rays

The Rays should have never gotten rid of green. It was a really good color scheme for them. I returned to green and kept the light blue because I think it compliments it nicely. In an attempt to make the uniforms a little less plain, I returned to the old double piping and a vest jersey that I always liked for the Rays. I didn’t think a light blue brim would look good on a green dominated set so I went with another green hat, but with the sun ray logo.

Rays1_zps2be85183.jpg

Rays2_zps424317f9.jpg

Rays3_zps8b4ada61.jpg

Tampa Bay Rays

The Rays should have never gotten rid of green. It was a really good color scheme for them. I returned to green and kept the light blue because I think it compliments it nicely. In an attempt to make the uniforms a little less plain, I returned to the old double piping and a vest jersey that I always liked for the Rays. I didn’t think a light blue brim would look good on a green dominated set so I went with another green hat, but with the sun ray logo.

Rays1_zps2be85183.jpg

Rays2_zps424317f9.jpg

Rays3_zps8b4ada61.jpg

Love the Rays in green. Although I'm not sure about the blue. Black would work, but what you have here is SOLID

The vest reminds me too much of the old D-Rays days when the team was awful.

This was something I was worried about with the entire set. I always thought the vest looked nice and I want it to return, but if people don’t like it because of its history then I will have to change it.

Archived