New UGA uniforms

hrivnak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange. New bulldog logo, which is good, as the old one looked like a melted candle. Otherwise, very little new here. The stolen G is the same, the colors, while it was said were "tweaked" look the same boring, tacky red.

The font that Nike threw on them is proof that local designers should be put on design projects. That is far too modern and sleek of a font. Looks like it would go perfectly with the word "Tech" beneath it. Really odd choice, but since Nike probably didn't use anyone form the state, or even the southeast, they couldn't be expected to know that.

At least its clean, straightforward, and not ridiculously patterned like bubble-wrap.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I like it. I think the new font works very nicely with the G logo.

My thoughts exactly. Definitely one of the better Nike rebrands... though I think that has much to do with how they didn't try to Nike-ize everything.

EDIT: Gordie designed these? Great job, man! That new bulldog is a beaut.

New Dawg logo beats the old one.

0IZoO90.png>pDbZAtt.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Cool stuff, Drew22. Do you know if they'll play in the unis for G Day? McGarity seemed to infer that we will see the new fonts Saturday, but wasn't sure if that meant they would update the yardmarkers on the field or wear the new unis.

Cool stuff, Drew22. Do you know if they'll play in the unis for G Day? McGarity seemed to infer that we will see the new fonts Saturday, but wasn't sure if that meant they would update the yardmarkers on the field or wear the new unis.

No idea. I know the Bulldog head will be on the field in some usage, but other than that, no idea. Maybe the new font in the endzone?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I didn't notice this the first few times I looked, but I have no idea why the back of the collar isn't symmetrical on the bulldog logo. I would understand it if there was some noticeable asymmetry in the dog itself (there is the nostril highlight, but that seems pointless as well). I guess its just going to be one of those things that always bugs me...

I didn't notice this the first few times I looked, but I have no idea why the back of the collar isn't symmetrical on the bulldog logo. I would understand it if there was some noticeable asymmetry in the dog itself (there is the nostril highlight, but that seems pointless as well). I guess its just going to be one of those things that always bugs me...

Aw crap, I didn't see that before. Fraser, you have some explaining to do.

spacer.png

Archived