New UGA uniforms

hrivnak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bulldog is an upgrade. The font... meh. The random cut-in on the 7 looks like a random cut-in on the 7 for the sake of having a number look like it's not just a part of a generic font.

Wordmark is a downgrade, for sure.

The wordmark they use on the basketball uniforms and in other places goes perfectly with the rest of their package.

Secondary bulldog logo is a definite improvement.

Agreed. The old font the men's team used was a condensed version of the oval G, and other lettering. This just doesn't improve over that at all.

I love the football jerseys though. Original number fonts are always welcomed, and do a lot to make an identity unique without adding too much flair in other areas.

Funny thing is, though, the new women's basketball jerseys are using the old wordmark. Wonder what's going on there?

Agreed. The old font the men's team used was a condensed version of the oval G, and other lettering. This just doesn't improve over that at all.

I love the football jerseys though. Original number fonts are always welcomed, and do a lot to make an identity unique without adding too much flair in other areas.

Funny thing is, though, the new women's basketball jerseys are using the old wordmark. Wonder what's going on there?

I agree with you on both the wordmark font. I don't mind the number font (in fact I kinda like it), but the wordmark leaves something to be desired. I also thought it was weird to have the old wordmark on the women's basketball jersey. I wonder if that was an oversight. Seems to go against the goal of the project.

Also, I hadn't noticed the issue with the black outline before, but now that I've seen it, it's impossible to un-see it. I am seriously contemplating emailing the AD. I've emailed him before and he's responded every time so this could be a real chance to fix that flaw. Would be nice if they could touch that up.

**edit** one of the UGA equipment managers tweeted that the new unis will not be used this Saturday. Shame. I wanted to get a good look at them.

I want to state that my main gripe is that I simply don't think UGA was in need of any identity update. The bulldog logo is a nice addition that I will welcome, but other than that...why?

What black outline?

Look at the black outline here between the collar spikes and the ear. The logo as a whole is essentially symmetrical (aside from the nostrils and G logo). However, the black outline is asymmetrical. The left side seems to follow the natural path of the line, but the right side seems to protrude much farther. Very strange (and distracting) flaw for a 99% symmetrical logo.

uga-2nd-logo.png

Here is an example I made which shows a mirrored overlap showing the extra thick outline on the right side. The far left side shows a light gray shadow demonstrating where the outline should match the other side. I guess you can also see in this overlay that the image isn't as symmetrical as I thought. You can see slight discrepancies around the ears.

104g8rm.png

Guess the football unis are what they call a minor refresh. It's like Vikes' Norseman, college uni edition. Bulldog is a definite upgrade although I always thought the beanie was a cool element.

What I don't get is modeling a new look using Herschel Walker's name & number. Cue Spingsteen's "Glory Days."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived