New UGA uniforms

hrivnak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't get is modeling a new look using Herschel Walker's name & number. Cue Spingsteen's "Glory Days."

Probably because they can't use current student-athletes. Perhaps instead of slapping "GEORGIA" on the nameplate and a random number, they thought they could play up the Herschel name recognition?

It's like Big Ten meets Georgia & Nike. I like it though.

Anybody think Nike could do South Carolina justice?

no because USC is underarmor

I live 35 mins away from campus. I know sc is an under armor school but their contract is up after this year I believe. Really hope USC leaves under armor. They've been terrible.

You know, my cerebellum's been spinning in overdrive about that symmetry thing...and I think I might've come up with a possible conclusion:

It's a built-in copyright.

Think about it: most casual observers wouldn't even notice it. Shoot—half of us Creamerites wouldn't have even caught it had it not been pointed out. Meaning...if some other Bulldog-nicknamed entity out there was ever caught trying to rip this thing off, aside from us knowing at first glance it'd obviously be Georgia's logo, one could look for that asymmetry and immediately bust somebody out. In that way, it'd work like the "Clemson notch", for those who know what I'm talking about.

That's my hypothesis, anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Such a bad move by UGA. Even though I hate the Georgia bulldogs with all of my being, they have one of the best identities in college sports.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

You know, my cerebellum's been spinning in overdrive about that symmetry thing...and I think I might've come up with a possible conclusion:

Think about it: most casual observers wouldn't even notice it. Shoot—half of us Creamerites wouldn't have even caught it had it not been pointed out. Meaning...if some other Bulldog-nicknamed entity out there was ever caught trying to rip this thing off, aside from us knowing at first glance it'd obviously be Georgia's logo, one could look for that asymmetry and immediately bust somebody out. In that way, it'd work like the "Clemson notch", for those who know what I'm talking about.

I thought that this might be a possibility also. Clemson did the same thing with their paw logo. It looks very similar to the paw logo hundreds, if not thousands of other teams use. They added a distinctive element to their logo. It's on the heel of the paw. I think they call it the "Clemson hook". It's to prevent other teams from using their logo.You wouldn't even notice it if you didn't know about it, but it sticks out like a sore thumb once you do.

clemson-tigers-paw-logo.jpg

For what it's worth, UGA has already produced merchandise bearing the new graphics and is selling them at the bookstore. I checked it out and I was much more impressed seeing this stuff on actual garments. The visuals really popped nicely. They had some tees with the secondary logo (red, black, gray), shorts with the "GEORGIA" word mark, and a cap with the secondary.

Strange. New bulldog logo, which is good, as the old one looked like a melted candle. Otherwise, very little new here. The stolen G is the same, the colors, while it was said were "tweaked" look the same boring, tacky red.

The font that Nike threw on them is proof that local designers should be put on design projects. That is far too modern and sleek of a font. Looks like it would go perfectly with the word "Tech" beneath it. Really odd choice, but since Nike probably didn't use anyone form the state, or even the southeast, they couldn't be expected to know that.

At least its clean, straightforward, and not ridiculously patterned like bubble-wrap.

TRUTH!

I thought that this might be a possibility also. Clemson did the same thing with their paw logo. It looks very similar to the paw logo hundreds, if not thousands of other teams use. They added a distinctive element to their logo. It's on the heel of the paw. I think they call it the "Clemson hook". It's to prevent other teams from using their logo.You wouldn't even notice it if you didn't know about it, but it sticks out like a sore thumb once you do.

clemson-tigers-paw-logo.jpg

I had no idea about the Clemson Hook. Pretty cool, actually.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived