Atlanta Hawks alternate color scheme concept **UPDATED with new logos, etc.**

green21801

Hi everybody, new member here. Just thought I'd post this and see if anyone had any thoughts on it.

(By the way, please forgive the poor image quality; this was a fairly quick-and-dirty effort.)

To start, here's the Hawks' current look. Great lines and curves, but the red-white-and-blue color scheme has become a bit boring and generic now that five different NBA teams are using it.

qlxVQsm.png

Here's my new color scheme concept, designed to sort of resemble the colors of an actual red-tailed hawk:

WjYLsLe.png

Updated logos:

WyYpHVBh.png

New court design possibilities:

gBjDHXTh.png

Retro-style uniforms for throwback nights:

akN0jw3.png

Nice idea, the new color scheme really improves the look. My one suggestion is to use the current home and road wordmarks instead of having every jersey use the ATL mark.

Ah, good suggestion. Here we go:

vB1u0Z0.png

(I will say, though, that I'd like to see the Hawks using the "ATL" branding a little more; it seems more marketable for a team that, frankly, needs it.)

Beautiful color scheme, it works better with the Hawks than with the Coyotes haha.

I know it's really marketable, but ATL looks a bit unfinished to me, almost forced. It might look good in person, I don't know. But overall, fantastic job!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

brown/red/gold-or-tan is my favorite color scheme. my entire house fits that color scheme...

and i'm far from a basketball fan, but i'd buy one of those brown retro hawks jerseys in half a second. absolutely gorgeous.

So would I...so what if this whole set is a recolor, it's more appropriate for their nickname, to me anyway, way more than their current scheme—and that of their hometown NFL kin, for that matter. (Who, by the way, I personally wouldn't mind seeing adopt a scheme like this.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ThunderHawks, HOOOOOOO

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As a Hawks fan I'm fine with the colors the way they are. Since the Nets changed last year the Hawks are actually the only team in the NBA that uses navy, red and white. The baseball team a few miles down the road uses that color scheme though.

As for this concept, I'm not in favor of cream, red and brown. I find this combination--brown particularly--more boring than the current colors. I wish they'd recolor the court edges from that brown to either blue or red. Cream may work for a baseball team that plays outdoors but not a basketball team. Neither cream nor brown work when the players are playing on top of a brownish wooden floor.

I also don't like ATL on all three of the uniforms. The Hawks have it right when they have "Hawks" on the home whites, "Atlanta" on the primary roads and "ATL" on the alternates.

I do like the retro uniforms you drew up though--just not in those colors. Also I like that second concept's logo and uniforms. Just take that one and put them in either white, red and black respectively (with some yellow trim in each) or white, navy and red and we have a winner. Just anything but brown.

Since the Nets changed last year the Hawks are actually the only team in the NBA that uses navy, red and white.

Not even a little true. The Wizards have navy and red, and the Pelicans will use it next year. That's not even counting the royal and red teams. (There are 3; Pistons, Clippers, 76ers.) Truth is, there are far too many NBA teams using generic color schemes.

I really like the brown, but the cream might be a little overkill. Good idea, although I wouldn't mind seeing it taken farther.

Not trying to hijack the thread at all, but I too agree that there are far too many NBA teams with generic colour schemes. This is my idea of what each team could be wearing. I really dig the use of chestnut brown on the OP's concept, though - it is an underused colour that adds dominance and power to the look.

dearnba_zps1f1aef1b.png

Archived