2013-14 CHL uniform/logo thread

chrysleraspen08

I know it's a bit early but since all of the changes for the upcoming season are being posted in the 2012-13 season thread, I thought that I might as well start the new thread. So far the only changes that I can think of that are confirmed is Erie's new alternate jersey and the new logo and jerseys for the Charlottetown Islanders (I didn't include North Bay's logo because it's basically the same). As for anniversary logos, I can only think of Sarnia (20th), Moose Jaw (30th) and Kamloops (30th).

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May want to hold off on PEI for various reasons...

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/4/19/official-aeros-becoming-iowa-wild.html

In other rebranding news, the QMJHL's P.E.I. Rocket were supposed to officially unveil their new logos and uniforms on Thursday. They were to be renamed the P.E.I. Islanders for next season. However, the owners suddenly put the team up for sale, according to The Guardian, taking the rebrand off the table for now.

Unless a local group can come up with the money to keep the team on Prince Edward Island, it will be sold to a group planning to relocate to Sorel, Quebec, where they'd be rebranded as the Sorel Eperviers

baltimoreravens.png

I'm willing to take some heat from the "WAAA IT'S ALREADY TOO NORTHEASTERN" crowd, but wouldn't Erie be a better AHL market than OHL? The travel is easier, and people in that area are more likely to care about the pipelines for the Sabres and Penguins than the junior ranks. I think someone explained to me that the presence in Erie allows the OHL to claim the entire state of Pennsylvania for priority selections, but couldn't they just do that anyway based on the fact that it's closest to that league? And if that were so important, why wouldn't they have a team in New York?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Normally I would say Erie would need a new building... but with all the rumors of Utica getting in the AHL, I have to agree. I'd think it would be a better fit. Either that or get back in the ECHL to fit more geographically with the teams, if Calgray can get a team to play in a 4,000 seat arean, imagine what a tema could do in one of the loudest buildings in the OHL?

Besides, didn't we also hear reports that Hamilton is going back to the OHL considering Laval may come in to take the bulldogs place?

baltimoreravens.png

Erie's arena doesn't look any worse than Syracuse, Rockford, or Binghamton.

Renovations are supposed to be finished on the Erie Insurance Arena sometime over this summer. The renovations were estimated to cost around $42 Million and started last year. The arena is supposed to look completely different when finished.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Besides, didn't we also hear reports that Hamilton is going back to the OHL considering Laval may come in to take the bulldogs place?

The Hamilton reports are shoddy at best. We don't even know what's happening half the time with our own city. (It's that confusing) Here's the summary of what we know.

http://www.thespec.com/sports/local/article/913018--bulldogs-owner-could-buy-otters

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to someone associated with the new owenership in PEI. Apparently the new logo will be a spoked "I" a la the Boston Bruins and the colours (potentially the jerseys too) are supposed to be black and gold a la the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Gross lmao.

I was talking to someone associated with the new owenership in PEI. Apparently the new logo will be a spoked "I" a la the Boston Bruins and the colours (potentially the jerseys too) are supposed to be black and gold a la the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Gross lmao.

Hmmm where did I remember the last team that did the Bruins logo with the Pens colors? Oh I know!

6y07xzonn88hm0ydsk6pwleeh.gif

Very original. :therock:

Gross lmao.

I hope it's sans-serif.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Gross lmao.

Hmmm where did I remember the last team that did the Bruins logo with the Pens colors? Oh I know!

Blergh. That color scheme exarcebates the dullness of an already dull logo. Glad to see it gone.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I know it's a bit early but since all of the changes for the upcoming season are being posted in the 2012-13 season thread, I thought that I might as well start the new thread. So far the only changes that I can think of that are confirmed is Erie's new alternate jersey and the new logo and jerseys for the PEI Islanders (I didn't include North Bay's logo because it's basically the same). As for anniversary logos, I can only think of Sarnia (20th), Moose Jaw (30th) and Kamloops (30th).

May want to hold off on PEI for various reasons...

http://www.icethetic...-iowa-wild.html

In other rebranding news, the QMJHL's P.E.I. Rocket were supposed to officially unveil their new logos and uniforms on Thursday. They were to be renamed the P.E.I. Islanders for next season. However, the owners suddenly put the team up for sale, according to The Guardian, taking the rebrand off the table for now.

Unless a local group can come up with the money to keep the team on Prince Edward Island, it will be sold to a group planning to relocate to Sorel, Quebec, where they'd be rebranded as the Sorel Eperviers

Gross lmao.

Turns out that the team will be known as the Charlottetown Islanders. I think I hear the phone ringing at a Victoria storage facility.

• 2 weeks later...

The Knights have won the championship in their green anniversary sweaters the past two years. I, for one, LOVE them, because they get rid of that terrible Edge logo. Wouldn't mind seeing it full time.

2012%20OHL%20Champions%20-%20London%20Knights4418.jpg

2013:

london_knights.jpg?w=630

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived