Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

They really sucked the fun out of what used to be a playful identity. It's like they're the Corporate Hornets now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The teal should be in the paint too. It makes it cooler. Also add the city logo to the floor just like how it was in 1988.

Anyone who thinks that the court will pay homage to the Hornets courts of old missed the point of the logo unveiling. In short BBTV is right. The new Hornets are, aside from the name and colours, not interested in recapturing the charm of the original team.

Here's what I put together based on your descriptions thus far. Look familiar?

PSvNkdD.jpg

That actually looks pretty cool. But it looks like a generic practice court. I doubt the actual game court inside TWC will look anything like that.

PSvNkdD.jpg

That actually looks pretty cool. But it looks like a generic practice court. I doubt the actual game court inside TWC will look anything like that.

PSvNkdD.jpg

Its not horrible but not incredible at the same time. Kind of like the Pelicans in terms of toned down instead of vibrant display of their identity. Hopefully the uniforms dont disappoint.

Nuggets and several other teams are using their secondary logoas the center court logo. nothin really new about it but not at cool.

what would be cool is if they had smaller Hornets around the logo like the stars around the Lakers. (Swarm effect)

shado_logo.gif

Maginificent! I've been looking for a pattern like this since I started editing my Hornets floors earlier this year. I kept on searching this on Google and nothing appeares to look as beautiful as that image above.

I agree. The Hornets squad should incorporate a unique floor pattern akin to this instead of using the generic ones. If Jordan is really into pushing the 'Hornets' brand, he should consider this design of yours.

Can I use 'em? =)

I just made a concept court myself:

4mRC4GO.jpg

Here's a link to the honeycomb-parquet court.

honeycomb_zpsf75005ba.jpg

not really complete but thats an idea i had for how to do a parquet. You actally turn the wood 3 different directions instead of 2.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

They really sucked the fun out of what used to be a playful identity. It's like they're the Corporate Hornets now.

Until they go to a red-black color scheme and become the Demon Hornets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Until they go to a red-black color scheme and become the Demon Hornets.

Just wait. In a few years they'll go to red, white, and navy with block numbers and a block "HORNETS" wordmark. The logo will be a roundel that says "CHARLOTTE HORNETS BASKETBALL CLUB EST. 1988" with a hornet in the middle.

The NBA should've given the team to Larry Bird in '04 & named the team the Carolina Cougars

Would've had a great owner & resurrected an old school basketball name from the ABA days. Also would've matched well with the Panthers across town.

Then none of this :censored: would've transpired. Might have got permission from the league to add a teal Charlotte Hornets throwback to wear once or twice a year but that's it.

That secondary logo just doesn't look right at center court. The primary fits there much better. Also wish the lane and out of bounds had their colors switched. Courts look better with the darker color out of bounds and the lighter color in the lane most of the time. I wish they had a little fun with it and got creative like the old court, but I'm not surprised they kept it pretty basic. At least there aren't any wood stains instead of paint anywhere.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The NBA should've given the team to Larry Bird in '04 & named the team the Carolina Cougars

Would've had a great owner & resurrected an old school basketball name from the ABA days. Also would've matched well with the Panthers across town.

Then none of this :censored: would've transpired. Might have got permission from the league to add a teal Charlotte Hornets throwback to wear once or twice a year but that's it.

Couldn't have happened. The NBA didn't own the Cougars trademarks back then, and the owner didn't want to give them up. There were talks, but it was ruled out pretty early in the expansion process. I seem to remember someone floating the idea of renaming the Bobcats once the NBA acquired those particular marks, but it really didn't go anywhere...

Couldn't have happened. The NBA didn't own the Cougars trademarks back then, and the owner didn't want to give them up. There were talks, but it was ruled out pretty early in the expansion process. I seem to remember someone floating the idea of renaming the Bobcats once the NBA acquired those particular marks, but it really didn't go anywhere...

And when I hear cougar, I think of Star Jones preying on a young Dwyane Wade.

90758391980.gif

Archived