Chicago Blackhawks rebrand (UPDATE #2)

Edubdesign

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really dig the most recent update; the pinstripe bursts of color really call to mind the same element of the current Hawks logo, and the use of the actual Chicago flag coloration lends a rather old school, literal charm: It doesn't try to be too clever, if that makes sense? It isn't "sublimated", or hidden, or hinted at. It is the the Chicago city flag, pure and simple.

My one suggestion would be to maybe make the wings larger? The stubby wings, while following thier source imagery, convey a sort of chickeny feel IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NIce design but not for the Chicago Blackhawks. The name comes from a U.S. military unit from one of the World Wars, I think the first one. The unit was most likely named after a Native American chief, not the tribe of the same name. Chief Blackhawk was a chief of the Sauk Tribe in western Illinois and the logo matched his face's profile based on a death mask housed and the Chicago History Museum.

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

NIce design but not for the Chicago Blackhawks. The name comes from a U.S. military unit from one of the World Wars, I think the first one. The unit was most likely named after a Native American chief, not the tribe of the same name. Chief Blackhawk was a chief of the Sauk Tribe in western Illinois and the logo matched his face's profile based on a death mask housed and the Chicago History Museum.

Um... thanks for the bump, I guess.

I already know the military history behind the name; I addressed it in the first post. The logo I made is based off of the one the military unit used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the now blackhawks logo so I would not like to see it changed to this... but maybe it could be for a new team

Some people have proposed they use something like Mike Ivall's Blackhawks logo, and this could work too, But I think it'd be cool if the Rockford Icehogs rebranded with either Ivall's logo or even Eric's brand here.

Change the teamname to either Rockford IceHawks or Blackhawks.

Being from Rockford, I love the Icehogs, but if either the Ivall logo or this set were used I think they'd not only be improvements over the Hogs' brand, but instantly one of the top brands in the AHL

Some people have proposed they use something like Mike Ivall's Blackhawks logo, and this could work too, But I think it'd be cool if the Rockford Icehogs rebranded with either Ivall's logo or even Eric's brand here.

Being from Rockford, I love the Icehogs, but if either the Ivall logo or this set were used I think they'd not only be improvements over the Hogs' brand, but instantly one of the top brands in the AHL

I have proposed this!

At the rally, though, the "Earn Your Feathers" shirts I saw everywhere gave me the idea to have Rockford use the same white and black sweaters, but with a collegiate-style arched ROCKFORD and number on the front. That way, you're clearly a member of the organization, but you have yet to earn your feathers, as it were. I mean, obviously it could still be the primary, but I do like my idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have proposed this!

At the rally, though, the "Earn Your Feathers" shirts I saw everywhere gave me the idea to have Rockford use the same white and black sweaters, but with a collegiate-style arched ROCKFORD and number on the front. That way, you're clearly a member of the organization, but you have yet to earn your feathers, as it were. I mean, obviously it could still be the primary, but I do like my idea.

That makes a lot of sense. Change the sweater design though so it isn't a Blackhawks clone, that way they literally have to "earn" the feathers and jersey

Well, if it's the plain white and then the non-WC black third, you get the essence of the Blackhawks while withholding the red sweater, which is the most beloved one.

The other shirt I liked, by the way, was "We Kane, We Shaw, We Crawford." I heard people yelling it, and I thought they were just drunk and fumbling their words--and who's to say they weren't--then I realized it was actually kinda clever!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

fwWtalw.png

And in addition, here's a version of the logo I whipped up for hats, t-shirts, and the like:

TlfPpjD.png

this is the best concept in my opinion. i don't like the funky colors on the wings of the final concept and i don't like the original Chicago flag colors.

the alternate jersey in this concept is great, heck i'd buy it.

Archived