Which NFL Division Has the Best Helmets?

pianoknight

This conversation sprung out of the Vikings uniform thread where we started comparing helmets. Which DIVISION do you think has the best helmets as a group?

NFL-Teams-and-Helmets.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams-Seahawks make a nice argument for the NFC West, but Arizona really brings the division down as a whole. Same goes for Cincinnati (rockin' it) and the Browns (stinkin' it up).

If I had to pick, I'd say NFC South. All four teams have a crisp, clean look and they are all relatively modern - save for NOLA - but it still fits with the other three.

At a conference level, I think the NFC trumps the AFC.

We should wait a week or so until the Dolphins, Vikings and Jags come out.

That's fair. But there's no reason we can start discussing it now.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Not a big fan of the AFC West - even with the rumored Dolphins update.

Three of them (Bills, Dolphins, Pats) feature a flying/charging thing that's surging forward, and all FOUR (Jets included) are on a white/silver lid, which kinda feels samey-same.

NFC North has a nice pop of color with Minny and the Pack.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Three of them (Bills, Dolphins, Pats) feature a flying/charging thing that's surging forward, and all FOUR (Jets included) are on a white/silver lid, which kinda feels samey-same.

Psst...west is on the OTHER SIDE of the country :upside:

I'd go with NFC west by a nose over NFC North. AFC East in third.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm going to be a homer and pick the NFC East, but the NFC North would top it for me if the Lions kept their Barry Sanders era lids.

1. NFC East

2. AFC West

3. NFC West

4. NFC North

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Psst...west is on the OTHER SIDE of the country :upside:

Yeah, I meant East. I was looking at the NFC West when I typed that.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Best Divisions - best team helmet / worst team helmet

1. NFC South - Best: Tampa Bay / Worst: Carolina

2. NFC North - Best: Green Bay / Worst: Detroit

3. AFC West - Best: Oakland / Worst: San Diego

4. NFC East - Best: Washington / Worst: Dallas

5. AFC South - Best: Houston / Worst: Indianapolis

6. AFC North - Best: Pittsburgh / Worst: Cleveland

7. AFC East - Best: New England / Worst: Buffalo

8. NFC West - Best: St. Louis / Worst: San Francisco

spacer.png

NFC North. I would say the South, but that Carolina logo ruins that helmet for me.

I just noticed 8/16 AFC teams feature white/silver helmets. Add navy/black, and all you have left are the Chiefs, Bengals, and Browns left. Looks totally boring when they're all put together like this. NFC has much more variety.

"best" as in theres no weak design, i would say NFC north. my favorite division would be AFC north, but the Ravens i think is quite weak because of their logo. when it comes to unique, original designs the AFC north has 3 very strong ones that i hope never change

as far as each division goes i dont think theres a group of 4 teams that are bad. theres about 7 helmets in the whole league i dont like, but every division has at least 1 really solid design

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I always liked the AFC South's helmets. IMO, the Texans's is right up there with the best in the league, Indy's is a classic, the Jags when they went to the iridescent helmet were pretty nice, and (awaiting hate in 3...2...1) I love the Titans's helmet.

Archived