Budweiser bowtie-shaped can

rcb05

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those wondering:

zN6Tw8W.jpg

Congratulations, you'll be paying the same amount for less beer.

Edit: Yahoo! images are a bitch

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is just taking this to another level:

Becks-Bottle1.jpg

The thing which makes it even dumber for me though, is that its not even to increase publicity in a new product. At least with the Beck's Vier it was to emphasise that the beer was different because it was 4% and not the usual 5% ABV. So by forgoing normality with alcoholic strength, you could also fogro normality with bottle design and try and make a big deal out of doing things differently or trying something new.

This is just the same product. Changing can design on a product where people have most probably made their mind up on the product itself by now and can design will not affect preference. Doesn't make any sense to me.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Dumb. They spent a lot of money and research to create a can that looks like it has been dropped and dented. Seriously...I don't get a bow-tie vibe from that at all.

Well, they'll make that money up by not having as much of their product in each can I guess.

zN6Tw8W.jpg

This is equivalent to when the soda industry changed the shape of their 1980s standard cans, so that there's a bell curve on the base and the sides curve at the top:

Before: CocaCola(USAVersion12).JPG

After:

coke-can.jpg

zN6Tw8W.jpg

This is equivalent to when the soda industry changed the shape of their 1980s standard cans, so that there's a bell curve on the base and the sides curve at the top:

No.

I can't stand Budweiser, fix the taste and I may give it a try.

Then drink Bud Lite. It's all the same crap if it has "lite" at the end of it and doesn't require nearly any beer palate at all.

Does the Miller Lite vortex bottle even do its job?

It makes about .09 of a difference. Gimmickry at it's finest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Maybe it's the St. Louisian in me, but I'll enjoy a Budweiser from time to time. Or a Bud Select. Not a big fan of any light beers, so I don't do much Bud Light.

I'm pretty into beer, and yes, I love any number of craft beers and trying as many new ones as possible.

But the craft beer trend has led to this really wide spread beer snobbery that just rubs me the wrong way. There's nothing wrong with a simple American Lager from time to time. It's often more affordable and not as heavy, and it tastes fine.

Now the can? Whatever. Seems kind of silly, but I don't really care.

zN6Tw8W.jpg

No.

OK then, you explain the changes to the soda can.

Exactly. This is for suckers. You are paying 12oz prices for 11.3 ounces. Besides, as Hank Hill once said, "Beer from a can...It's barbaric."

Can technology has greatly improved, in fact, beer from a can is much better because sun light can't get through.

Bud sucks, in a bottle or can.

zN6Tw8W.jpg

No.

OK then, you explain the changes to the soda can.

The tapered shape of soda cans was done to increase it's strength when stacked. The BowTie gimmick is purely to capitalize on the distinctive logo-thingy.

twitter

Archived