New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

What isn't clear from the photos we've seen, but I've been able to verify, is the TV number trim. They ARE different than the front and back numbers (similar to Seattle's design).

Black jerseys: White numbers with teal trim.

White jerseys: Teal numbers with Black trim.

Teal jerseys: Black numbers with White trim.

Also - the official helmet graphics look better than what we're seeing in these photos. Not sure that's a good thing. I'd rather have it be vice versa.

Fantastic. Mismatching numbers. Truly the cherry atop this crap sundae.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the helmet is more gold then black. Maybe 60/40 gold?

I'll post some official helmet graphics when it's "safe", but the gradient in the helmet graphics is more like 60/40 Black to Gold.

They look MUCH better there.

Maybe they can adjust the finish? Is it too late?

I'll post some official helmet graphics when it's "safe", but the gradient in the helmet graphics is more like 60/40 Black to Gold.

What do you mean by safe? Do you think that the final helmets that the whole team will get before the season starts will look more like the offical helmet graphic? Maybe these were just pushed out for the event today. Im really curious to see the graphic.

What do you mean by safe? Do you think that the final helmets that the whole team will get before the season starts will look more like the offical helmet graphic? Maybe these were just pushed out for the event today. Im really curious to see the graphic.

The helmet and uniform graphics haven't been officially released yet. Maybe tomorrow.

The helmet and uniform graphics haven't been officially released yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Oh I gotcha. Anything else interesting besides for the helmets looking more black?

I absolutely HATE the sheer part of the jersey shoulders. Makes me think of a woman's blouse...and that pic of him sitting there with what appears to be tights under the pants doesn't help. And I say this as someone who likes the overall look of the new unis.

I absolutely HATE the sheer part of the jersey shoulders. Makes me think of a woman's blouse...and that pic of jim sitting there with whatt appears to be tights under the pants doesn't help. And I say this as someone who likes the overall look of the new unis.

yes here is the see through blouse thing

OMG!! really!! again, Helmet is cool though

Original.jpg

6hrq0k.png

Is it wrong of me that I'm want to find the positives about this uniform set, then wait until they're on the field to truly determine whether I like them or not?? Maybe I'm being a homer, but as a uniform lover also, I'm going to focus on the positives with these unis going forward because I can't change the negatives. And the negatives, I'll allow them to grow on me over time.

First, I LOVE the jerseys. They turned out better than I could have hoped for, from the use of teal (more than we had hoped for), to the patch over the upper left chest, to the tri-colored numerals and font (I love the font, and how it borrows elements from traditional block while still looking unique). They look FAR better than the last ones did.

Second, the pants are STILL consistent stripe wise. It was the only positive from the last set, and is what drove me crazy with the pants from 2004-2008, with the white and black pants looking different.

Lastly,.............

temp20130321_NikeFY13_NFL_JAGUARS_0604--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

.......the gold of the helmet, and the teal of the shoulder stripes contrast very well IMHO on the black home jersey, of course, when viewed from the back. I'm not sure how this kind of scenario would look on the white with black shoulders, but we'll get a look at that soon enough.

Now, if I was in charge of this and I HAD to have the bi-color gradient helmet, I would've went with teal; given how much teal there is in the uniforms, it would've connected better IMHO.

But, I'm going to keep focusing on this and let this set grow on me over time, especially when the Jags finally take the field in these.

My 50-year-old mom: "I like the helmet. It's cool that it's half-and-half. I think it looks better than if it were completely black or gold."

:shocked:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Did Nike give any explaination for the shoulder design? I can't wrap my head around that aspect of the jerseys. It'd be great for a team called the tigers but not the Jags. The only thing that helps me make any sense of it is if I view them as claw/scratch marks. The gold on the collar helps that argument but I feel like im reaching. At least Oregon's feathers make sense, these have me scratching my head if they aren't claw/scratch marks.

My 50-year-old mom: "I like the helmet. It's cool that it's half-and-half. I think it looks better than if it were completely black or gold."

:shocked:

Your mom is 50?

*SMH*

(Me too.)

It actually looks passable in those last two photos. I'm fearing that the helmets will look different from player to player, which will no doubt become extremely annoying.

The helmet Blackmon used in the Nike photo shoot looks like it has less black then the ones seen today

image-12.jpg

Today

image-11.jpg

Did Nike give any explaination for the shoulder design? I can't wrap my head around that aspect of the jerseys. It'd be great for a team called the tigers but not the Jags. The only thing that helps me make any sense of it is if I view them as claw/scratch marks. The gold on the collar helps that argument but I feel like im reaching. At least Oregon's feathers make sense, these have me scratching my head if they aren't claw/scratch marks.

Yup. Sharpness of the claws and teeth.

Jerseys:

HDdHa.gif

Helmets:

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Seriously though: you pair this uniform set with the previous-generation Black/Teal Flake helmet, at that's a solid Top 10 NFL look.

My thoughts exactly.

Don't like the helmet, but everything else works.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

What I personally would change:

-Solid, one colour matte black helmet.

-Remove the shiny "chrome" material

-Gold piping between shoulder sections on black and teal jerseys, teal piping on the white.

-'Jags' logo taken from the chest and put on the expansive space beneath the nike logo

-Teal socks for teal jersey

Overall I think this look actually has a great deal of potential.

It actually looks passable in those last two photos. I'm fearing that the helmets will look different from player to player, which will no doubt become extremely annoying.

The helmet Blackmon used in the Nike photo shoot looks like it has less black then the ones seen today

image-12.jpg

Today

image-11.jpg

Very true, the Blackmon one looks "better" the gradient is smoother, the ones a the unveiling have a harsher change from black to gold.

Theres going to be some serious quality control issues...

True2OB.png

Archived