New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of the Bengals helmet I made

DSC_0575.jpg

I spray painted that myself in my basement. Looks better than Jacksonville's real helmets and I would never ever want the Bengals to actually wear this helmet.

that helmet is infinitely better...I also love the classic nfl sheets as they were and continue to be pure awesomeness...did you happen to pull them on a race car bed?

Why so much hate for the JAGS patch? It no different than what Florida does with the gator head over the heart on their football unis. It is just because this is the first time (i think) this has been done in the pros? I really like it. If the Falcons did something like this for us ATL fans i'd be ecstatic. Its even better that they could come up with a secondary logo that perfect fits their fan base and community.

it's remarkably stupid and short-sighted considering they want to be London's team and are prohibited from wearing said patch whilst playing in London. = Redesign fail.

In addition they had to flip the jaguar head from the originally unveiled shield logo. Double fail.

But they're not London's team. They're Jacksonville's team. It doesn't matter if they sell out Wembley once a year when they play there, the Brits are going to come no matter who is playing or what they're wearing. Very restricted supply = stupid high demand. They could come out wearing Seattle's Rave Green uni and the Brits would still love it. That being said, they still play 7 games a year at Everbank Field. If they want the people of Jacksonville to come out and support them then they have to appeal to them. If they Jags want to make a profit and stay in Jacksonville (which is exactly what Khan wants to do) then they need to do things for their fan base, not people with bad dental care. So I have to disagree, the JAGS patch is far from short sighted.

we'll have to agree to disagree...and come on already, the team put out a press release saying they made a long term commitment to play in London to grow the JAG brand which clearly has been fumbled.

one other thing...didn't the OKC ownership say they were committed to Seattle...given that JAX is a small market with an old stadium and a long lease they are always going to be considered a relocation candidate...remember Khan is a businessman first and he paid a ton of money for the franchise.

People bashed the Broncos when they switched uniforms in the 90's and now people love them.

Who, exactly?

Most hated the Hawks new uniforms (some still hate them to this day on here) but they have started to grow on people because they look better on the field on Sundays versus photoshoots.

Who, exactly?

I have no recollection of the broncos before these uniforms but I've always liked them.

I was disappointed when I first saw the Seahawks new set but I love them now and I know I'm not the only one on here who feels that way.

You know what woulda been the perfect helmet for the Jags?................The one they already had. I mean think about it, the glossy black helmet woulda went along with the shiny material on the shoulders and the the teal reflection woulda went well with the now decent amount of teal that's on the unis. It was so freaking obvious they couldn't even realize it. I agree the uniforms needed changing and they are an upgrade (minus the black numbers on the teal) but changing the helmet for the sake of change really hurt them.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I knew there couldn't be a Jaguars thread without relocation talk. lol

I really like the new uniforms. The helmets were a shock but they have grown on me. I think the all-white set is the best, they hearken back to the old-school days of the Jags in the playoffs. But other than the black numbers on the teal jersey, I like them.

And the patch is great. :)

I think the Seahawks design is more modern and made more sense.

while the seahawks design is not my favorite it at least has some cohesion to it...the designers at least took some time to balance the colors and come up with some unique patterns...the jags uniform is just an over done color blocked paint by numbers mess and the helmet is an unmitigated disaster.

IMO - what I don't like most about Seattle's unis is the IMBALANCE of color. Among most of the rest of it.

Why so much hate for the JAGS patch? It no different than what Florida does with the gator head over the heart on their football unis. It is just because this is the first time (i think) this has been done in the pros? I really like it. If the Falcons did something like this for us ATL fans i'd be ecstatic. Its even better that they could come up with a secondary logo that perfect fits their fan base and community.

It's aping Army-style unit patches in a Navy town for one....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I knew there couldn't be a Jaguars thread without relocation talk. lol

Well, when the Jaguars are the only ones that don't put their location on their draft caps... :P

My problem with the "Jags" patch is not that it's on the uniform or where it is on the uniform, but rather that it it's ugly, is a mirror-reverse of the primary logo and uses a derivative nickname, which never belongs on a uniform.

Reminds me of the Bengals helmet I made

DSC_0575.jpg

I spray painted that myself in my basement. Looks better than Jacksonville's real helmets and I would never ever want the Bengals to actually wear this helmet.

that helmet is infinitely better...I also love the classic nfl sheets as they were and continue to be pure awesomeness...did you happen to pull them on a race car bed?

Never had a racecar bed, but I did have these sheets on a set of single sized bunk beds that I slept in until I graduated from high school. Thought they'd make a nice backdrop for the helmet photoshoot. The fact that it's sitting on a browns helmet is a happy accident.

PvO6ZWJ.png

it's remarkably stupid and short-sighted considering they want to be London's team and are prohibited from wearing said patch whilst playing in London. = Redesign fail.

In addition they had to flip the jaguar head from the originally unveiled shield logo. Double fail.

Please remind me again why they are prohibited from wearing the patch in London. I heard it somewhere once, but couldn't find the article. TIA

Because it has bad connotations over there, something about it being a slang term for binge drinking or something to that effect.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

But there has been no official source saying they couldn't wear the patch there, just people speculating that they'll take it off. I personally don't think they will.

Wasn't it ColorWerx who indicated that logo was marked "not to be used in London" or something similar on the official style sheet?

You're right that they could well keep it there, but the idea they'd remove it wasn't just invented by somebody here.

See there are elements to this set that I really like, and some that are just silly (looking at you, helmet). It's about 2 or 3 tweaks away from being a great look, but again, I'm tired of Nike short selling the sleeves; I understand that nobody likes sleeves in the NFL anymore, but dammitalltohell, you're ignoring about 15% of the total look by ignoring them. Get on the ball here.

Wasn't it ColorWerx who indicated that logo was marked "not to be used in London" or something similar on the official style sheet?

You're right that they could well keep it there, but the idea they'd remove it wasn't just invented by somebody here.

Why can't those bloody Brits use proper English terms for things? Ugh.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

But there has been no official source saying they couldn't wear the patch there, just people speculating that they'll take it off. I personally don't think they will.

CW said it's mandated in the style guide. For reference:

JAG

1. Slang

a.
A bout of drinking or drug use.

b.
A period of overindulgence in an activity; a spree:
a shopping jag; a crying jag.
See Synonyms at

Despite being a true Red Blooded American I may have to adopt jag into my vernacular.

Archived