PaleVermilion81

New Jaguars Uniforms

Wonder if any Nike font designers watch TV in Baltimore?

wjz-web-logo.jpg

nfl_a_jaguarsuniforms_wm_600.jpg

Before any sharp-eyed detectives point it out, yes, I know they're only moderately similar and by no means identical.

The ONLY think they have in common is that they're the same number. They're not "only moderately similar," design-wise.

Whatever you say, chief. (Go ahead and waste some of your time pointing out all the dissimilarties.)

Maybe Nike ripped off this station in Orlando?

cfnhistory.gif

Never said they ripped anyone off. Never said it was close. So pile on, boys, since you apparently have nothing better to do. If you prefer "nowhere close" over "moderately similar," well, good for you.

Never said they ripped anyone off. Never said it was close. So pile on, boys, since you apparently have nothing better to do. If you prefer "nowhere close" over "moderately similar," well, good for you.

I'll try not to be too much of a jerk about it, but I looked, and looked, and....there's nothing to compare, man.

Not much point in saying 'HAHAH YOU'RE WRONG, GOD YOU'RE AN IDIOT 11!' but there it is. :/

Truth is the reason it caught my eye was a post I don't have time to look up. It compared the spaces within the 3 to parts of the male anatomy. Both the TV station and the Jags use goofy shapes within the 3 as opposed to the round interior of a normal 3.

That's it.

Fine, they're not that close. So sue me. :P

Feel like I fell into a shark tank wearing a steak suit. :wacko:

@CS...on second thought, you SHOULD have helped that guy move. :D

From the Draft. For what it's worth

762365678.jpg

That's interesting. Reminds me of airline seats.

(Ducks for cover just in case they DON'T remind someone else of airline seats.)

item0.rendition.slideshowHorizontal.american-airlines-business-class-seats.jpg

Both can be sat in, only similarity. Beat it.

edit: and die!

edit: sorry, I'm tired of people goofing on my favorite airline.

they look more like a massage chair you see in the mall or the chairs that coaches in the Premier League sit in.

From the Draft. For what it's worth

762365678.jpg

the ratio of black/gold seems to be varying quite dramatically...that helmet is 50/50...what a mess they have on their hands.

Yeah in addition to the horrible idea for the helmet, it looks like they're also horribly inconsistent from helmet to helmet. This is bad, you guys. This is really bad.

78388112_display_image.jpg?1327273333

Hands down, the best look the Jacksonville Jaguars have ever had. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it was one of the best uniforms in the NFL's entire history.

At what point, aesthetically, did we give up the idea of design that worked, and start focusing in on things that gave shock value, pushed the envelope too far, and ultimately, only produce stuff for people to talk about?

I feel like sports aesthetics has essentially turned into Jersey Shore / TLC / My Crazy Obsession / Reality TV. It's mind boggling.

BINGO!!! Sadly, we live in an era of edgy design (so-called) innovation for edgy design (so-called) innovation's sake.

Hands down, the best look the Jacksonville Jaguars have ever had. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it was one of the best uniforms in the NFL's entire history.

Eh, I still think the unis from their first two seasons were better, with the unique block numbers and thicker gold stripes on the pants. Either way, both sets were very good, and the new look blows.

That helmet just looks worse each time I see it.

That helmet just looks worse each time I see it.

Yes & different every time I see it.

I have yet to see two pics of different helmets where the black & gold meet the same.

I cannot believe the NFL allowed that helmet just looks awful & does not go with the uniform at all.

I see why they made the logo show "speed" so the jaguar can get from the light to the dark really fast.

So, is using shoulder numbers with fewer layers than those on the front and back a Nike "innovation" now? Because all it says to me is "we can't figure out how to properly scale these numerals we designed".

Irksome, given that the Jaguars uniforms have, in the past, sported 3-color numbers on the front, back, and shoulders. In fact, player names on the nameplate featured 3-color letters.

. Think most jags fans would agree. Its not just looks its also sentimental value. I see those and think of that 62-14 beatdown we gave the dolphins in the playoffs in 1999. Im worried that if they do something to top that memory in these stupid helmets, we'll be stuck with them forever.

Ok, wait a minute now. There is NO WAY that this helmet

GwrMQA4.jpg

Which is actually passable

And this helmet

BIjeqVLCMAAdijg.jpg

Which is downright awful

Have the same paint scheme. It's almost as if they decided to make each helmet unique, which would be an even bigger nightmare, and I can't see the NFL letting that happen. Especially with their stance on having the helmet represent such a big part of a team's branding.

Or.

Now, this is what I suspect really happened (or maybe I just really hope). They got to the unveiling and about ten or so hours before the event they realized, oh s**t, we don't have enough of the new HGI helmets made up, so someone on the equipment staff decided to get a gold lid and just spray paint it with BBQ paint and hope nobody caught it.

That looks like what it is to me. It looks like a bad spray paint job. The actual helmet I kind of like -- and will at least reserve judgement until I see it on the field -- but that one looks real bad.