New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks much better than what was there on April 23rd. There is no obnoxious thick black line between the gradient. Helmet is growing on me.

BKJ8pBFCcAE7S99.jpg

Sorry, I don't think this is any better. The concept itself is terrible. Regardless of how you execute it.

Even if that lid has a slightly softer fade than other examples we've seen, it is easily the worst helmet in the league. The problem lies in the fact that both colors are so drastically different from one another. That's where the teal flaked helmet was successful. It provided a touch of color but blended in well and could be read as either black or teal flaked (yet it did not harshly combine the two, like this model. The teal flaked design integrated both the black and teal flakes seamlessly).

As it stands, this new design measures extremely likely on the probability of inducing vomiting.

Looks much better than what was there on April 23rd. There is no obnoxious thick black line between the gradient. Helmet is growing on me.

BKJ8pBFCcAE7S99.jpg

Sorry, I don't think this is any better. The concept itself is terrible. Regardless of how you execute it.

I don't think this helmet lasts more than two seasons before they kill it off, it's just so, so terrible. The only team I could see pulling these helmets off are the Saints, because their colors are actually black and gold. Not black gold and teal.

I'll state it again. I don't think this helmet will ever see the field. HIDEOUS. JOKE.

It looks like it got too close to a fire and got burnt in the front.

And I like the rest of the Jags changes.

Everyone loves a roundel.

My biggest gripe about the new helmet is that it doesn't even go with the uniforms. Black and Teal are the two big colors on all of the uniforms yet the go with black/gold helmet. That purpose alone is reason enough to scrap the new helmet soon, and then theres the whole "it looks like :censored:" thing too.

I'll state it again. I don't think this helmet will ever see the field. HIDEOUS. JOKE.

Highly unlikely. It is a huge hit with the younger demographic, and Khan designed it himself. I would imagine there was similar backlash when the Bengals helmet was first unveiled

Highly unlikely. It is a huge hit with the younger demographic, and Khan designed it himself. I would imagine there was similar backlash when the Bengals helmet was first unveiled

30 years later, the Bengal helmet lives. We'll see how long this makes it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm not sure that anybody has shown these actually are a hit with the young. I also don't think Khan had any hand in the design other than throwing out a few catch phrases such as "fierce", "imtimidating" and "pride" and giving approval.

Anyway, I agree that these helmets aren't going anywhere for a while. Yes, they look like crap. They are supposed to! These helmets were looked at by a hundred eyes from a thousand different angles. It's not like one guy designed these and the Jaguars and NFL were aghast when they first saw them at the unveiling. These have been in the works for at least a year. This isn't something small like just switching from solid gloss to solid matte - the Vikings could presumably switch to gloss helmets midseason if they had a reason to. The NFL has an arduous process to getting new uniforms approved, and they have full veto power over the teams. Even if the Jaguars suddenly realized in August that these helmets are horrible, the league is not going to let them change no matter how much they beg. Helmets are one of teams' biggest graphic elements, and merchandise has been produced for a few months with this new helmet. No way in hell the NFL lets the Jaguars out of it becaue they have buyer's remorse. They might let the Jags change for next year, but this is the helmet the Jaguars will take the field in 20 times this season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm not sure that anybody has shown these actually are a hit with the young. I also don't think Khan had any hand in the design other than throwing out a few catch phrases such as "fierce", "imtimidating" and "pride" and giving approval.

Anyway, I agree that these helmets aren't going anywhere for a while. Yes, they look like crap. They are supposed to! These helmets were looked at by a hundred eyes from a thousand different angles. It's not like one guy designed these and the Jaguars and NFL were aghast when they first saw them at the unveiling. These have been in the works for at least a year. This isn't something small like just switching from solid gloss to solid matte - the Vikings could presumably switch to gloss helmets midseason if they had a reason to. The NFL has an arduous process to getting new uniforms approved, and they have full veto power over the teams. Even if the Jaguars suddenly realized in August that these helmets are horrible, the league is not going to let them change no matter how much they beg. Helmets are one of teams' biggest graphic elements, and merchandise has been produced for a few months with this new helmet. No way in hell the NFL lets the Jaguars out of it becaue they have buyer's remorse. They might let the Jags change for next year, but this is the helmet the Jaguars will take the field in 20 times this season.

What % of merch sold do you think incorporates a full helmet graphic as opposed to utilizing the primary logo or wordmark? My guess would be in the 20% or less range. I feel like the full helmet graphic is not too common these days other than the 32 team bud light flags that every bar has hanging from their ceilings.

934056_10151491718993863_2002539669_n.jpg

Ugh. As a Jags fan, these helmets embarass me. (granted, all within the context of its just a game/team I have no control over lol)

This is terrible. Look for it to be gone by Week 1!

This is not NFL-worthy. This belongs in the Arena League

Highly unlikely. It is a huge hit with the younger demographic, and Khan designed it himself.

What proof do you have that the younger demographic loves it?

As for Khan designing it himself, he's a businessman. If the backlash is severe enough he'll change it.

I would imagine there was similar backlash when the Bengals helmet was first unveiled

That's a very tired line. "Oh you're all behind the times, the young people love this, this is just like *insert unconventional classic here*"

Outside of the fact that they both look nothing like anything seen before the Bengals helmet comparison just doesn't work. The problem here is that you're simply equating "unconventional" with "revolutionary" or "good." That's a mistake. The Bengals' helmet doesn't look good because the designers "pushed the envelop" or any of that nonsense. They just wanted a sharp, distinctive helmet, and they achieved that with an unconventional design. It's not a good design simply because it's unconventional.

The Jaguars' helmet, on the other hand, is just ugly. Yes, it's unconventional, but it's not good. That's why the comparison you tried to force in there just doesn't work.

Ugh. As a Jags fan, these helmets embarass me. (granted, all within the context of its just a game/team I have no control over lol)

Caption: Jacksonville Jaguars rookies patiently await the painter to return to finish the other half of their helmets.

Caption: Jacksonville Jaguars rookies patiently await the painter to return to finish the other half of their helmets.

Why can't they have a gradual fade instead of the semi hard line transition of paint ?????????

Archived