New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll state it again. I don't think this helmet will ever see the field. HIDEOUS. JOKE.

It looks like it got too close to a fire and got burnt in the front.

And I like the rest of the Jags changes.

Highly unlikely. It is a huge hit with the younger demographic, and Khan designed it himself.

What proof do you have that the younger demographic loves it?

As for Khan designing it himself, he's a businessman. If the backlash is severe enough he'll change it.

I would imagine there was similar backlash when the Bengals helmet was first unveiled

That's a very tired line. "Oh you're all behind the times, the young people love this, this is just like *insert unconventional classic here*"

Outside of the fact that they both look nothing like anything seen before the Bengals helmet comparison just doesn't work. The problem here is that you're simply equating "unconventional" with "revolutionary" or "good." That's a mistake. The Bengals' helmet doesn't look good because the designers "pushed the envelop" or any of that nonsense. They just wanted a sharp, distinctive helmet, and they achieved that with an unconventional design. It's not a good design simply because it's unconventional.

The Jaguars' helmet, on the other hand, is just ugly. Yes, it's unconventional, but it's not good. That's why the comparison you tried to force in there just doesn't work.

Check out twitter or Jags message boards some time. The younger generation LOVES the helmets. https://twitter.com/search?q=jags%20helmets&src=typd

Your second point does not make much sense. People aren't going to support the Jaguars because of a helmet style? Really? From a business perspective, what the hell does Khan have to lose if there is "severe backlash" against the helmets?????

And literally everything you said about the Jags helmet was being said about the Bengals helmet, so thanks a bunch or proving my point!

I'll state it again. I don't think this helmet will ever see the field. HIDEOUS. JOKE.

Highly unlikely. It is a huge hit with the younger demographic, and Khan designed it himself.

As for Khan designing it himself, he's a businessman. If the backlash is severe enough he'll change it.

I would imagine there was similar backlash when the Bengals helmet was first unveiled

That's a very tired line. "Oh you're all behind the times, the young people love this, this is just like *insert unconventional classic here*"

Outside of the fact that they both look nothing like anything seen before the Bengals helmet comparison just doesn't work. The problem here is that you're simply equating "unconventional" with "revolutionary" or "good." That's a mistake. The Bengals' helmet doesn't look good because the designers "pushed the envelop" or any of that nonsense. They just wanted a sharp, distinctive helmet, and they achieved that with an unconventional design. It's not a good design simply because it's unconventional.

The Jaguars' helmet, on the other hand, is just ugly. Yes, it's unconventional, but it's not good. That's why the comparison you tried to force in there just doesn't work.

Check out twitter or Jags message boards some time. The younger generation LOVES the helmets.

I've been on enough "official team message boards" to know they don't represent the majority of any one fanbase. As for Twitter, again that's hardly an unbiased sample size. I'm not saying you're wrong exactly, I'm just saying I need more then "the young people hashtag the Twitters!" when it comes to saying that these helmets have been a hit with the younger crowd.

Your second point does not make much sense. People aren't going to support the Jaguars because of a helmet style? Really? From a business perspective, what the hell does Khan have to lose if there is "severe backlash" against the helmets?????

Have you ever heard of the 49ers One Day helmet? Fans won't abandon a team because of a helmet design, but if the team gets enough bad press because of the helmet they just may change it, Khan's preferences not withstanding. Khan's a businessman. If the helmets prove not to be popular with the fanbase he will change them.

And literally everything you said about the Jags helmet was being said about the Bengals helmet, so thanks a bunch or proving my point!

Literally? Really? You sure about that?

Again, I ask for proof. Prove that the negative backlash the Jags have gotten is equivalent to any sort of backlash the Bengals got when they unveiled their helmet back in 1981. I'm sure there were people who didn't like it, but please prove that near-unanimous backlash against the Jaguars' helmets here has any significant parallel to what people said about the Bengals' helmets.

yea Ice Man, it's not often i say someone is flat out wrong about something, but in this case the Jag's helmet and Bengals debute is the same thing. it definitely was revolutionary at the time, a complete oddball. CWX backed that up. the difference in the two is that the Bengal's helmet is actually well designed. the Jag's is a hot mess of color/texture and finish

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea Ice Man, it's not often i say someone is flat out wrong about something, but in this case the Jag's helmet and Bengals debute is the same thing. it definitely was revolutionary at the time, a complete oddball. CWX backed that up. the difference in the two is that the Bengal's helmet is actually well designed. the Jag's is a hot mess of color/texture and finish

Which was my larger point anyway.

The Bengals' helmet is about to turn 32 and it still looks great. The Jaguars' helmet won't finish the decade. That's the important difference.

And supporting your argument with "the youths love it" only proves it's an ugly piece of s***. When have young people ever been known for having a good taste? The answer is never. On top of that, the youth aren't buying your season tickets, and in Jacksonville, catering to your ticket base is kinda important.

PvO6ZWJ.png

934056_10151491718993863_2002539669_n.jpg

Ugh. As a Jags fan, these helmets embarass me. (granted, all within the context of its just a game/team I have no control over lol)

Caption: Jacksonville Jaguars rookies patiently await the painter to return to finish the other half of their helmets.

Why can't they have a gradual fade instead of the semi hard line transition of paint ?????????

Or better yet, use the helmet ridges as end points. Have black along the entire top panel and gold on the sides. Would be very cool and much better.

After watching video clips of practice today, it really is worse live action. Depending on what angle you're looking, it just looks like two completely different helmets all for one team

Watch this lead to Jaguars turnovers.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That helmet's going to be hell on the gumball machine industry. How do you replicate that?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

934056_10151491718993863_2002539669_n.jpg

Ugh. As a Jags fan, these helmets embarass me. (granted, all within the context of its just a game/team I have no control over lol)

i usually give new uniforms at least a season before judging them, but those helmets are just awful.

What % of merch sold do you think incorporates a full helmet graphic as opposed to utilizing the primary logo or wordmark? My guess would be in the 20% or less range. I feel like the full helmet graphic is not too common these days other than the 32 team bud light flags that every bar has hanging from their ceilings.

I don't know what percentage has helmets on it. But it's not just the merchandise. It's about the Bud Light flags, other promotional items from sponsors, and also, helmets which all the networks have in their studios. I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I'd put lots of money on the Jaguars wearing those helmets for every game this season. I absolutely believe the NFL wouldn't let them change this year, even if they wanted to. Furthermore, I don't see them wanting to change. As I said, these helmets were viewed by a bunch of people from a bunch of different angles. They know how bad these look, and I imagine they believe themselves that the helmets look bad, but they think enough people will think they look cool and edgy. I don't think Khan is going to suddenly decide these are a scourge on the league and I don't think the fans in Jacksonville are going to storm the stadium with torches and demand new helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Highly unlikely. It is a huge hit with the younger demographic, and Khan designed it himself. I would imagine there was similar backlash when the Bengals helmet was first unveiled

Khan should look at the age of the season ticket holders, I bet most of them are post college aged, so the 0-22 year old crowd that loves that $hitastic helmet don't bring in much of the $$$. Plus most young people are probably ashamed to wear/buy gear of a 2-14 team, they probably changed to 49ers and Ravens fans.

So what's the deal with them? half the images we've seen of them have had a gradient effect with more gold than black and half of them have been this awful half and half thing above. I'm guessing this is it as it's actually of the players.. the other one is the lesser of two evils. This one's just bad.

Looks much better than what was there on April 23rd. There is no obnoxious thick black line between the gradient. Helmet is growing on me.

BKJ8pBFCcAE7S99.jpg

I would not let it grow too much that could be real hard to get rid of

Yes to this IceCap I was thinking the same thing not even in the same ballpark.

If you did not think the Bengals design is at least good then you probably don't like new designs in general if you don't like the Jags helmet you just have good taste.

Archived