New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

If there was just some consistency in a true fade with less emphasis on the black, it wouldn't be as bad. But looking at all the helmets from camp, it really seems like they are just making it a half and half. I am holding out hope that once rosters are finalized, they'll do a better job on the helmets, but I'm an optimistic fool.

Jaguars-new-helmets.jpg

How about this - there's a terrible instagram pic on Lucas's site today that is supposedly a special uniform for Texas A&M for the Alabama game. The helmet is glossy and it fades from black to A&M's maroon from top to bottom. What if the Jaguars did that - start gloss black at the top and fade to gold on the bottom of the helmet. That might actually work because you could do a smooth gradient fade instead of this jarring transition from the matte black to the gold.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was just some consistency in a true fade with less emphasis on the black, it wouldn't be as bad. But looking at all the helmets from camp, it really seems like they are just making it a half and half. I am holding out hope that once rosters are finalized, they'll do a better job on the helmets, but I'm an optimistic fool.

Jaguars-new-helmets.jpg

How about this - there's a terrible instagram pic on Lucas's site today that is supposedly a special uniform for Texas A&M for the Alabama game. The helmet is glossy and it fades from black to A&M's maroon from top to bottom. What if the Jaguars did that - start gloss black at the top and fade to gold on the bottom of the helmet. That might actually work because you could do a smooth gradient fade instead of this jarring transition from the matte black to the gold.

Plus it wouldn't confuse the hell out of people where the helmet looks different from the front vs the back.

Go A's!

Just saw this in another thread. This is what the Jags helmets should look like. I'd even say keep the matte black. Could be very sharp.

UCFProCombatUniform2_torso_zps4d5f577c.jpg

I actually like to other helmet that they showed at the uniform unveiling, that was black in the front, and had gold in the back at the bottom, i thought that would have been a perfect helmet for the jaguars

I enjoy reading the O-Zone on jaguars.com. But this answer that the writer gives to a comment on the helmets is very telling to just how bad of a design the helmets are:

"...when you see them on the field, especially when a group is close together facing the same direction, that’s when you see the full effect."

I mean, come on, when you have to put that big of a stipulation on a statement it just shows its a bad design. Its like saying, "When Henne throws passes to the WRs and they catch them, that's when he's a really good QB." As a designer, this helmet is really annoying me the more I'm seeing photos of it in action.

This photo is silly.

130516125107-02-luke-joeckel-single-image-cut.jpg

So the practice jerseys are teal in the front, and white in the back?

Am I seeing that right?

This photo is silly.

130516125107-02-luke-joeckel-single-image-cut.jpg

So the practice jerseys are teal in the front, and white in the back?

Am I seeing that right?

N/M: After further review, it looks like a teal vs. white matchup...

What's sad about that helmet is the effect it has on what I think is an otherwise interesting uniform design. Sure, it might be a bit gaudy, especially when compared to the more muted Vikings and Dolphins designs, but I think it will at least make the team look interesting on the field. But that helmet, I just can't imagine how anybody thought that would be a good idea.

Looking at the jersey like that makes me hate the helmet that much more. Move the shoulder numbers to the sleeves and it doesn't look bad at all. It's definitely not the simple style of the new Vikings or Dolphins, like someone else mentioned, but it's a pretty good idea.

I enjoy reading the O-Zone on jaguars.com. But this answer that the writer gives to a comment on the helmets is very telling to just how bad of a design the helmets are:

"...when you see them on the field, especially when a group is close together facing the same direction, that’s when you see the full effect."

I mean, come on, when you have to put that big of a stipulation on a statement it just shows its a bad design. Its like saying, "When Henne throws passes to the WRs and they catch them, that's when he's a really good QB." As a designer, this helmet is really annoying me the more I'm seeing photos of it in action.

Grrr... I like ol' Johnny O, but he can be really dang complacent on team matters like this. He just can't defend this one.

I'm still wondering why the team is still giving the players old practice jerseys and shorts. Don't they have new ones ready?

Because they look better than anything we've trotted out in since 2008, I'd say (at least below the neck as of now).

943687_10151491717728863_305773464_n.jpg

Seems like a pretty hard line to me. Looks just horrible. Really hope they just go solid black. Would match the uniform so much better, especially considering that on the uniform gold is the least dominant color.

oIk3UnN.jpg

After seeing the helmet on the field, I now made myself an idea.

I don't like em. At the very least, the transition between black and gold should be much softer then that.

Thats the 2013 Buffaslug, seeing all the negative comments. Jags will probably switch the a black helmet.

Archived