New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can make tweaks but not change the whole uniform

Since the helmet image and logo have been officially released, they cannot make changes until 5 years. The helmet image has been released to manufacurers, vendors and promotion companies. Minor tweaks to stripes, numbers etc are acceptable.............

You can make tweaks but not change the whole uniform

Since the helmet image and logo have been officially released, they cannot make changes until 5 years. The helmet image has been released to manufacurers, vendors and promotion companies. Minor tweaks to stripes, numbers etc are acceptable.............

As I said upthread, since this is that helmet image;

JacksonvilleJaguars_HRS0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

I'm pretty sure they could switch to a gold-flake version of last year's shell right away with no problem. The graphic would still be a pretty accurate representation of the on-field helmet.

I'm pretty sure they could switch to a gold-flake version of last year's shell right away with no problem. The graphic would still be a pretty accurate representation of the on-field helmet.

Or just have HGI put that pattern/logo on their helmets. That might not look too bad. What they have now is garbage.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Or just have HGI put that pattern/logo on their helmets. That might not look too bad. What they have now is garbage.

it looks like a backyard amateur paint job.

The thing that annoys me is fellow Jaguar fans who, in defense of this helmet, make one of the following comments:

• It makes the Jaguars look unique

• Some people just don't like change

• Its innovative

• Give it time, you'll like them when we start winning

The thing that annoys me is fellow Jaguar fans who, in defense of this helmet, make one of the following comments:

• Its innovative

Win or lose, it looks terrible. I agree people hate change, but this change is terrible. It would look decent if it faded, but it was executed horribly

• Its innovative

Im a fellow Jaguars fan and my comment is they should have went with a black helmet. I really dont mind the look from the front or even the side (which most people hate the most about it) I dont like seeing just the gold on the helmet in a view from behind. They will have black jerseys and black pants with a bright gold helmet from the back view which looks out of place. The logo looks so much better on black then it does on any other color too. I do not agree with the people that think this helmet will get so many complaints that they will change it after 1 season or even before that. I honestly think Shad Khan plans on changing the uniforms every 5 years. So the people that hate it will probably have to put up with it for at least 5 years. I am warming up to the helmet as time goes on (probably because it is my team) Im never going to like it more then if they went all black though.

I know how they will "fix" it. I have seen images of the helmet with the black to gold ratio at 50%/50% or even 25% black / 75% gold. I think they will eventually make it 75% black / 25% gold.

Everyone loves a roundel.

i agree, the helmet looks pretty rough in most photos. but i'm wondering if these are the final paint job.. or just a rough 'base coat' for OTAs and mini camps.

havent kept up with the thread since OTAs started. so forgive me if this idea has been floated....

if you remember back to last spring... the seahawks took the field with their new lids during OTAs and rookie camps, but with a protective plastic sheet across the front to protect the paint job/striping.

since the jags paint scheme is a little more intricate, maybe their helmets got a quick once over for the interim... and the final product will be a little bit more more polished and consistent from player to player come training camp.

i agree, the helmet looks pretty rough in most photos. but i'm wondering if these are the final paint job.. or just a rough 'base coat' for OTAs and mini camps.

havent kept up with the thread since OTAs started. so forgive me if this idea has been floated....

if you remember back to last spring... the seahawks took the field with their new lids during OTAs and rookie camps, but with a protective plastic sheet across the front to protect the paint job/striping.

since the jags paint scheme is a little more intricate, maybe their helmets got a quick once over for the interim... and the final product will be a little bit more more polished and consistent from player to player come training camp.

the fact that they are using them for rookie photo shoots and stuffs tells me they aren't gonna be much different from the game ones

the fact that they are using them for rookie photo shoots and stuffs tells me they aren't gonna be much different from the game ones

Plus they looked exactly like this at the unveiling.

Archived