New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...so I guess we can safely say that the Dolphins redo was not the "WTF" change we had heard about.

I feel like somebody has to post this everyday but the WTF change was referring to the logo changes. Im pretty sure the Dolphins were the WTF in the department.

The retail version of these is going to end up looking a lot like one of those super cheap simplified versions of jerseys they sell for kids at department stores.

I think the same way about the entire look. It feels kind of like a video game version of the Dolphins where they weren't licensed by the NFL and had to settle for a generic look that was "close enough."

When I was a kid and first started watching football in the 80s, the Dolphins were my favorite team because I loved their uniforms so much. Teal and orange is still one of my favorite color combinations to this day, but the new look does nothing for me.

The dolphin wearing a helmet on the helmet was campy, but it had character - which is something this new look lacks. I am glad the Dolphins played it safe instead of going with gradient helmets or weird fabric stripes all over the place. They could have done a lot worse with this rebrand, but they could have done much better.

Just caught up with today's updates to this thread and my mind is now numb.

All I can say is, "Why did the Dolphins replace orange with wolf gray?! It's so clear in those pictures! No wait, those are last year's Jaguars jerseys on those Dolphins models!"

I'm not even going into the Jags and Vikes threads now. Saw the pic here. Early verdict is it's all good but that weird Jacksonville helmet. I don't get that. Everything else looks decent ... at a small size, on a phone, in less than ideal lighting.

And will you contrarian doofuses stop. There is orange in the helmet stripe, just like the pant stripe, and the dark color is NAVY NOT BLACK.

Well, it's not Navy exactly either. Somewhere between a Royal and Navy.

I'll just keep posting these kinds of things until it sinks in:

Old colors:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

New colors:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Am I the only one who is already missing the old aqua?

Very possibly.

I love the new color scheme; the previous colors were bad. How do you make aqua so drab?

Still don't like the new logo, but the rest of this set looks like an upgrade so far.

For me this is a major downgrade as the stripe looks horrible on the helmet and pants as well as the white facemask is not as good as the aqua. Also, don't get me started on that pathetic logo. Heck, at least the coral popped on the uniforms where the orange is barely recognizable.

spacer.png

Tell you what, I am so confident that the unis have black outlines, I will wear a Pro Jet logo in my avy for a year if I am wrong

I think you're wrong. Considering black isn't in the Dolphins style sheet.

The Dolphins would have had a perfect look if only they'd painted the front half of their helmets matte aqua and the back gloss yellow - to replicate a dolphin jumping out of the water and into the sun.

A lot of you guys are MOD EDIT. I am just stating my opinion. I know black is not apart of our color scheme, but it was not apart of Dallas when they used black, was it?

Your opinion has been repeatedly shown to be wrong by an authoritative source, though, and you won't give it up. Dallas still uses black on their sleeves, so I'm not sure about the "used" comment.

It's where I sit.

And will you contrarian doofuses stop. There is orange in the helmet stripe, just like the pant stripe, and the dark color is NAVY NOT BLACK.

Well, it's not Navy exactly either. Somewhere between a Royal and Navy.

I'll just keep posting these kinds of things until it sinks in:

Old colors:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

New colors:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

How close is that orange to the old Bucs "creamsicle?"

A lot of you guys are MOD EDIT. I am just stating my opinion. I know black is not apart of our color scheme, but it was not apart of Dallas when they used black, was it?

Your opinion has been repeatedly shown to be wrong by an authoritative source, though, and you won't give it up. Dallas still uses black on their sleeves, so I'm not sure about the "used" comment.

how? Explain what has been shown to be wrong from what I said.

I posted this mock up of the helmet March 27, before any info on the uni was released,

http://i.imgur.com/xcEhNe6.jpg

I say its pretty accurate to what it looks like. granted the logo is a lot bigger, but that was the biggest logo that was out their at the time.

The difference is that Dallas actually has black listed in their logo slick (the things that ColorWerx posts), meaning it's an official team color. (At least, it was there last time I checked.) Miami does not do that. Those are official NFL colors, which means if a color isn't listed there, it won't be on the uniform. So, if the Dolphins don't have black as a team color, there won't be black on the uniform. (With the exception of using black as a drop shadow or something similar.)

Archived