New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

Maybe a thicker outline on the numbers would have helped but that's the only gripe about this uni. I'm glad they have the same stripe pattern from head to toe and seem to replicate that on the numbers as well. Anyone know if they are ever going to stop with the generic MIAMI in the endzones?!

They share the stadium with The U. This is the reason for the generic font in endzones

I knew that was the reason why but damn their field is one of the best and when they went all

Out it looked great. It's 2013 they need to find a way to switch the zones out or something because I do know that constantly painting it over and over again would take its toll. Maybe a texans system but better and have a cane zone and phin zone. They should do that with the steelers also

I actually really liked Miami's field. The big MIAMI in the end zone made sense. Teams don't own the stadiums they play in (generally). The people who live there and pay the taxes do. I like it better when the baselines, endzones, scoreboards, etc. just have the city/stadium name. The team is just a tenant, and the stadium should be able to stand alone with its own identity.

Sea World got an NFL team? Cool.

Funny thing is...

IMO if the tail were pointing down (like the old logo) it wouldn't have that Sea World vibe to it.

...but you're right, it's either Sea World or Dolphin Cruise Lines. :P

On another note, I personally would have rathered the numbers be white with a bold orange outline and aqua with the bold orange outline. They really don't need the navy? in the numbers.

...again, just my opinion.

I think I agree here. If not that, they should have at least given a little more weight to the blue and orange trim that's there so that you can read it from a distance. We're already in here debating over what colors are actually there, and those pictures are much closer than avg. viewing distance.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

terrible teaser video.... wow

yep. Miami has really quite with showing off their Unis before they release them to the public. They must be extra mad that the jags leaked them. To think they were going to have the unveiling the 18th but the NFL had them push it back

Kind of makes me wonder why teams even bother with planned reveal dates, when virtually everything gets leaked early on the Internet now. And when they do, I kind of wish the teams would just admit it and go ahead and do an early reveal.

I recall the Panthers doing this when Nike once again accidentally leaked their logo early. They essentially just admitted defeat and said, "Here it is."

If MOD EDIT was over the top, you'll be glad to know I censored myself.

Also, if a MOD EDIT calls someone a MOD EDIT, does anyone give a sh¡t?

No. Because it came from a MOD EDIT.

</troll>

Back to the Dolphins.

Sigs are for sissies.

Just to be clear, do the dolphins even have teal anymore? That looks like a light blue and faded orange-yellow.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Did the dolphins ever have teal? It's always been aqua.

Where have you been? It's been teal for the last decade, at least.

Whoa now, back off, colorphiles. I'll rephrase; ahem**.

JUST TO BE CLEAR, DO THE DOLPHINS WEAR GODDAMN AQUA ANYMORE?! IT LOOKS LIKE LIGHT BLUE.

I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T READ 12 PAGES WORTH OF "I HATE FACEMASKS" AND "TOO MUCH WHITE."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Style guide says aqua despite all the changes.

Maybe it's the new orange/yellow/whatever it is or the lack of drop shadow on the numbers/stripes/design elements. It all looks so much more faded and barebones. Hm.

twitter

SERIOUSLY NOW???

(How many times do I need to do this before it sinks in????)

Old colors:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

New colors:

MiamiDolphins_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The Dolphins have ALWAYS called their primary color "Aqua". "Aqua" and "Teal" both belong to the Cyan/Blue-Green/Green-Blue family. There really isn't a magic formula to determine what colors get to be called Aqua or Teal or Turquoise or Northwest Green or Marlin Blue. It's all subjective. In print, these are the only shades of "Aqua" that the Dolphins have used:

MiamiDolphinsAqua_1989_SCC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_2012_SCC_SRGB.pngMiamiDolphinsAqua_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The only differences between these colors are the amount of Black added to the formula ink mix. They're all on the same page of the Pantone Solid Colors book.

I've shown many times the fabric/textile differences.

So wait.....the Dolphins are wearing aqua still then?

lol, just kidding (bow)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived