Jt0323

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still the best era of uniforms...

sfl-miami-dolphins-top-10-wrs-20120525-007.jpg

irving-fryar-1994.jpg

tumblr_m6qz786bhn1rqo98go1_500.jpgtroyvincent.jpeg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Should have asked for a Viking redo cuz while I like these if it were a new franchise I still love those old ones prior to the drop shadow mainly because those thick helmet and pant stripes are great on every team that used them. Bills oilers dolphins hopefully the skins keep theirs even though their pants don't maych

Other than the tramp stamp, not bad.

Maybe it's because I love dolphins, but when I think of them, I don't think "goofy." I don't think "cartoony." I think "sleek," "smooth." And this new look captures that.

That being said, yeah, more orange would've been nice.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Appears to be an orange jersey in this video.

Yes. At 0:28

Strange that they wouldn't announce them alongside the other unis. I also find it strange we've seen no "official" pics of the aqua tops. Those have only been seen in camera shots and from the unveiling video.

Sigh.These aren't as bad as they could have been, but it's still a gigantic downgrade for the Dolphins in every way. What did they need to fix coming into this? Eliminate navy, maybe get a better number font, and lighten the aqua. Instead, they get a terrible new logo, keep navy, minimize orange to the point that it's far less noticable than the navy, and add on a tramp stamp for good measure. Oh, and let's not forget the awful new wordmark. It was an easy task. All the Dolphins needed to do was bunt the runners over to second and third with no outs, and somehow they bunted into a triple play.

Say what? Downgrade? A clean look with lighter colors is a downgrade? And btw, that's not f'n navy! ColorWerx has posted the official colors at least half a dozen times in the big thread. And you still call it navy? My apologies if you are colorblind and can't tell the difference.

Yes. A massive downgrade. The look isn't "clean" as it is "sterile". it's an awful, bland look with no character and a terrible logo, when the only thing wrong with the previous look was the navy drop shadows and the darker aqua. And yes, the color is lighter than the previous navy. It's a greenish blue which is lighter than navy, yet not close to royal blue or even turquoise. So I'll just call it navy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here are some actual shots. Liking what I'm seeing. Appears there might be a weird set of aqua/blue sock to differentiate from the aqua pants? Would have preferred a white sock option with the stripe pattern (or just plain white) when used with the aqua pants.

Edit- I will add this comment. I really think the Dolphins just gave a great demonstration of how to do an unveiling. I know it was unfortunate that most everything leaked beforehand, but that wasn't their fault. The logo leak was caused by the Nike employee and the unis were leaked by the Jacksonville reporter. Anyways, they really put on a good show for the unveiling. There was no beating around the bush, no Nike executive or team rep to give a whole spiel for the "inspiration." All Miami did was bring back Bob Griese, Dan Marino, and Jason Taylor. They showed each player representing a specific era in Dolphins history wearing their full uni from that time period. Once Jason Taylor had come on stage, all the current players came on stage to reveal the new look. Really liked their presentation style.

BIvGqBACUAAk4A-.jpg

temp_MG_4309--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

tempDENX5420--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

temp_MG_4425--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

temp_MG_4360--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?

Archived