New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

jrFUfqn.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the "cutie mark." ;)

Seriously though, this element is a lot better than I expected in a sense that I was expecting it to be more like Juicy butt text. I'm much more content with Miami on the back of the waistband. It at least adds a bit of orange.

Dam, I was gonna call it cutie mark but yah beat me to it. But I really dont know why you need the name of city on the butt its not really needed and hard to see from TV.

As strange of an idea as it is, as I said earlier, I'm gonna take whatever juicy pop of orange I can get (though it'll probably be covered up by the shirt hanging out, anyway. Of course, now I think about some Nike rep being on the sidelines and telling the players to "Tuck your shirts in!" like a ref before a kiddie soccer game.).

Oh, and.. uh...

/)

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaking news: Nutrisystem has waived Dan Marino. :D

Quick takes:

- The tiny sleeve logo almost ruins the whole uni for me. It's as bad or worse than the ridiculous pre-Nike Seahawks sleeve.

- Using what's essential piping around numbers on a jersey has a kind of "why bother?" look from a distance. You can hardly see it.

- They should have used more orange.

- The tramp stamp isn't as bad as I expected. Still don't like it but it's not bad.

Overall, a C.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

B.

Pros

Nothing wrong in making jerseys with no stripes on sleeve. Fine with me.

The new logo: awesome.

White helmet, white mask: sure!

Dolphins mark: OK

Cons

Needed more orange (thicker outlines on numbers maybe)

Number Fonts are a bit dull,

The "Miami" on the butt, really?

In the end

First place: Vikings

Second place: Dolphins

Third place: Jaguars (very close to Miami)

Like them socks with the aqua pants. The blue really helps break it up.

I really have to disagree on this one. When I first saw those pics, the weird blue band just below the knees was the first thing that made me say "what the hell is that". Either make the socks blue or white, but not aqua with a thick blue stripe at the top.

It's not too bad, though I can't help but thinking they remind me of the prior Jags set but without the strange piping.

Thats the samething I thought. I love the updated colors but they dont use the orange enough. That helmet stripe needs alot of work.

I think this update shows us that team logos on shoulder's may be best not done, cause they have to be so small now, look at the vikings and jaguars, no shoulder logo's and they look great, if this jersey had sleeve stripes instead it would look better.

Of if they had to use the logo, remove the sunburst so the dolphin could be bigger.

I love how 90% of the people here love simple looking uniforms, and then the dolphins unveil a simple looking uniform and a lot of people don't like it lol. I don't mind the set, just wish more orange was included and the numbers didn't look so cheapish

I've had a night to process these and my major complaint is there's not enough orange.

Look at how the colors compliment each other in the old uniforms. They're working together.

The way they've schemed their stripes orange is bullied by navy and disappears against the white background. From a distance you can't tell it's there.

Plus, I'm still not a fan of the new logo and I doubt I ever will be. Love the new colors though. They're almost perfect, but they've been applied poorly.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Essentially all the dolphins did was remove the jersey stripe..and change its order so their primary color is the primary stripe with white and blue/orange as the borders...if they had more orange it wouldn't match up with the thin outlines on the numbers and everywhere else..

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

jrFUfqn.jpg

I'm gonna go ahead and call this the "cutie mark." ;)

Seriously though, this element is a lot better than I expected in a sense that I was expecting it to be more like Juicy butt text. I'm much more content with Miami on the back of the waistband. It at least adds a bit of orange.

Dam, I was gonna call it cutie mark but yah beat me to it. But I really dont know why you need the name of city on the butt its not really needed and hard to see from TV.

As strange of an idea as it is, as I said earlier, I'm gonna take whatever juicy pop of orange I can get (though it'll probably be covered up by the shirt hanging out, anyway. Of course, now I think about some Nike rep being on the sidelines and telling the players to "Tuck your shirts in!" like a ref before a kiddie soccer game.).

Oh, and.. uh...

/)

(\

Kinda, sad that it seems like there's more Orange on the butt than the rest of the uniform.

lalakers_sig.png

I love how 90% of the people here love simple looking uniforms, and then the dolphins unveil a simple looking uniform and a lot of people don't like it lol. I don't mind the set, just wish more orange was included and the numbers didn't look so cheapish

Seems rather obvious...there are endless variables that go into whether a uni looks good, simple being one, and only one of those. So simple doesn't equal good, it just equals simple.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

OR... you don't understand what people like. I don't care if the uniform is simple or complex, I like good uniforms. Not all "traditional" uniforms are simple. To me, this is just a milquetoast look, entirely devoid of character. As gaudy as the new Jaguars' set is, I actually prefer it (minus the helmet) to what the Dolphins did. At least the Jaguars had a vision you can see with the unis. I have no idea what the hell the Dolpins were going for here.

Awesome that Marino's uniform has the detail his original uniform use to.

Look at the manufacturer logo on the sleeve. He's wearing an original jersey, not a reproduction.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I still dislike the new logo. The dolphin looks like it's swimming through the water (evidenced by the fin pointing up rather than down) rather than jumping out of it. Having the sun in the background of the old logo made sense but not with this logo.

I like all the aqua and the new shade of aqua they used. The Dolphins' aqua never really popped out at you in all of their previous uniforms but it does now. However, as a result it looks like orange was downplayed as a result. Not only that, it looks like they chose a darker shade of orange as well. Both big minuses, but the aqua makes up for it.

What's with the double outlining on the numbers, helmet stripe and pants? The darker orange and the navy don't work well together, at least not in the way they're using it. I'd ditch the navy outline for a double helping of orange on the numbers...a brighter orange. For the pants either have white intervene between the main stripe, the navy and the orange (in other words: white-navy-white-orange) or get rid of the navy entirely for another double helping of orange. You don't need any secondary striping at all on the helmet: the one thick aqua stripe will do.

Despite all the aspect of the uniforms I don't like, somehow these uniforms look great to me. Maybe it's all the aqua. I'm looking forward to seeing these in action, especially in a day game outdoors.

I prefer the newer logo myself, but I would agree that it doesn't make much sense having the sunburst. If it's not supposed to be swimming, then it's doing something strange like hovering. I guess the Dolphins wanted to go in a new direction with the logo, but the sunburst was retained to keep a nod to the previous logo design.

Couple of more shots I've seen that aren't just the standard Nike stock images. I know they are a tad different than the past (mostly in the striping and the way they colors are balanced), but I just can't help but like these unis. They absolutely NAILED the colors perfectly. Would have liked to see the orange emphasized a bit more, but it still really pops. I like the consistent striping from the helmet and pants. Overall, they have a very CLEAN aesthetic and I feel embody what Miami should represent. Need to see a better shot of the aqua pants striping. I am not in love with the socks that are paired with the aqua pants. It shows they were consciously aware of the "leotard" look but I'm not sure the solution they came up with is the best. White socks would have been great. Number font is decent enough- not my favorite, but not disagreeable, either. Overall, I'd probably rate anywhere from a "B" to "A-."

photo1.jpg

042513_spt_fins_ae_011.JPG

nfl_a_miami-dolphins_mb_400.jpg

KhKbXnBh.jpg

LFer5XIh.jpg

qGGEfYQh.jpg

Archived