New Look for the $100 Bill

Island_Style

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think?

Edit: picture posting is bugging out so here is a simple link.

Yahoo! News never lets their images leave their page. Bunch of savages.

Fty9pI4.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The note's new security features, devised over a decade of research, include a 3-D security ribbon on the front which has images of bells and 100s that move and change as a person tilts the bill. The note also has a feature dubbed "The Bell in the Inkwell," an image of the Liberty Bell that changes color from copper to green when the bill is tilted, making it look as if the bell is appearing and disappearing in an inkwell next to Franklin's portrait.

I like that a lot.

I think our money is becoming too compositionally whacked out. Just plop as much stuff as you can wherever it will fit.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

What I find kind of funny is that these new bills may be harder to reproduce, but because they're over-saturated with details most people don't even bother looking anymore. Counterfeiters major problem is always in reproducing the feel of the bill itself. If you've ever handled counterfeit money you'd know it immediately because it feels....wrong, somehow. At that point, THEN you start looking for errors in the intricacies, but it's hard when there's a 20-point checkdown ilst.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why can't we have cool clear money like Canada...

That's right, be jealous

canada-new-polymer-bills.jpg

They're plastic, too. :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Our money (canada) sucks balls, let's not brag yet.

Apparently the morons that designed the bills, didn't do a proper job of testing them. Not only do they stick together, once they are folded, they are a pain in the rear to bend back. All they had to do if anything, was remedy the sticking issue. By adding a rough strip, it would be fine.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think our money is becoming too compositionally whacked out. Just plop as much stuff as you can wherever it will fit.

Isn't this kind of the point, though? The more things that are added, the more complicated it's going to be to counterfeit.

Apparently the morons that designed the bills, didn't do a proper job of testing them. Not only do they stick together, once they are folded, they are a pain in the rear to bend back. All they had to do if anything, was remedy the sticking issue. By adding a rough strip, it would be fine.

A lot of people complain about the whole "sticking together" issue, which is weird because I don't know anybody that's happened to.

Also, a lot of people complain that they "melt" and stick together/shrink when you leave them near very hot surfaces...well no s--t Sherlock. You hold the old bills to a flame and they may catch on fire. Nobody said they were indestructible. They're just more durable than the old bills (plus a helluva lot more secure). My only real problem with them is the folding issue you mentioned. Other than that, I like 'em. Remember when Toonies first came out and people said that they could pop the middles out? Give them a while to work out the kinks.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Meaningless to me, as I literally can't remember the last time I held a $100 bill in my hand.

I gotta pocket full, fool!

make-it-rain-guys1.gif\\

:lol:

I like the design. It feels too "over secured" with all the security measures from a design point of view. But overall, I like it.

I prefer the good ole green back on paper.

Aesthetically, yes. Nice and classic:

how_100dollar_bill_640_05.jpg

But you do understand why it's no longer feasible to keep it looking like that, yes?

Surely any good design team could figure out innovative ways to improve security while keeping the bills looking good, no?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I can see the need for an ever-changing paper bill system, but let's be honest here. A counterfeiter will have these on the streets in no time, just like they do all paper money. Also, who the hell counterfiets 100's? Not that I ever would, but if I was into that game, the only thing I'd EVER counterfeit would be $1's and $5's. I've never seen anyone check those with the pen. Just seems like it would be a hell of a lot easier to fly under the radar. Everyone is suspicious of big bills, but when you hand someone a stack of 1's or 5's, no one even pays attention.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Archived