Machines as part of logo

Graham_Clayton

How many team logos across all sports feature a machine as part of their logo?

Here is an example from Australia - the Junee Diesels of the NSW Country Rugby League:

9987_1_S_zpsb7840604.jpg

The background to the use of the locomotive is that Junee is located on the Sydney to Melbourne railway line, and for many years a major rail depot was located in the town.

Anyone remember this team?

5227.gif

I don't think this team ever played a game. They were supposed to be the city's AHL team after the Ducks left, but they couldn't get off the ground. They needed to sell deposits on 2,000 season tickets and they only sold 1,600. I have to think they could've found 400 more season ticket holders had they not chosen such a terrible terrible name.

I didn't learn about this team until like a month ago, but apparently central Ohio has a Major League Lacrosse team and has since last summer.

jumbo_shot74657165.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

It depends on how you define "machine". You can define it to include any of the simple machines in physics, (lever, wheel and axle, pulley, inclined plane, wedge and screw) :P. But if you mean a mechanism, means of conveyance, etc., here are a few more:

JacksonvilleExpress2.GIF

Another choo-choo...

5041.gif

Old NFL Providence Steamrollers. They'll flatten their opponents!

Speaking of steam, here's a couple of steamboats: The Shreveport Steamer (WFL) and the St. Louis Steamers (MISL):

5819.gifSteamers1.png

Last but not least:

fdcvcwlc42ha6g1va4evp5fr2.gif

Ha ha ha, a car heading a soccer ball!

It is what it is.

5227.gif

I don't think this team ever played a game. They were supposed to be the city's AHL team after the Ducks left, but they couldn't get off the ground. They needed to sell deposits on 2,000 season tickets and they only sold 1,600. I have to think they could've found 400 more season ticket holders had they not chosen such a terrible terrible name.

The thing that (stupidly) killed the AHL here is the tension between Cyclones and Ducks fans/ownership. Plus, if the Railraiders could've played at the Arena instead of the Coliseum, it would have helped. Just my opinion.

5227.gif

The thing that (stupidly) killed the AHL here is the tension between Cyclones and Ducks fans/ownership. Plus, if the Railraiders could've played at the Arena instead of the Coliseum, it would have helped. Just my opinion.

Definitely. If I had my way the Cyclones would be an AHL team and they'd play downtown at US Bank, but I'm aware of the barriers preventing that from happening. I'm just sick of explaining to my friends why the ECHL doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of hockey. I grew up watching the NHL's best destroy the Blue Jackets in Nationwide Arena. I'm sort of a hockey snob.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived