Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was going to call this year's thread "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive" in honor of Spoon, but clearly I lost the worm here. This is worse than how I went to get donuts for breakfast this morning and they were out of vanilla with sprinkles.

EDIT: d'aww, you're the best. Stravinsky and Spoon, together at last!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I edited the title...hope that satisfies. Let me know if it's too much crap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Because it not Nicklebacky enough.

----

PLAYOFFS! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Except, please Christ, not the Red Wings again. I am tired of the playoff Red Wings and the Joe and the octopi. Ducks have played Detroit 5 out of their 8 postseasons. (2-3 against. Both wins they went to the Final. So idk.) This would be the first time the Ducks would have had home ice against Detroit, so that's nice? I'd just rather not.

Go Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota.

----

Also Andy, a request, if I may? Can we just use the Ducks' D logo? Everyone else does. Hell the team itself uses the D logo in every available place (except the home and roads, but the 3rd will be the playoff homes. So.) The full wordmark just looks pathetic in small applications, especially like this against the rest of the leagues proper crests. (and I know the Caps have the wordmark, but it has more height to it. It works for them.) Thank you! :)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Also Andy, a request, if I may? Can we just use the Ducks' D logo? Everyone else does. Hell the team itself uses the D logo in every available place (except the home and roads, but the 3rd will be the playoff homes. So.) The full wordmark just looks pathetic in small applications, especially like this against the rest of the leagues proper crests. (and I know the Caps have the wordmark, but it has more height to it. It works for them.) Thank you! :)

I'm not gonna lie, I copied and pasted the potential playoff tree from some other site. Once the bracket's officially set I'll try to find a bracket that appeals to your request.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Was expecting Mr. admiral to be the author of this thread, however. But that's just a minor comment.

I'm not sure if I made a huge error...has admiral created this thread for a few years now? His branding is reflected in the title, so I believe we're safe.

1KqQ7Ax.gif

twitter

The Blackhawks have called up the entire Rockford roster to play tonight. Congrats on that fourth seed, Blues.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Blackhawks have called up the entire Rockford roster to play tonight. Congrats on that fourth seed, Blues.

But I wanted to end Vancouver's playoff run....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's not true. They didn't call up Kyle Beach, their miserable final attempt at a high first-round pick. (Worst part is that he was 2008, a year when freaking everyone got a great player in the first round.) But yeah, I'm almost tempted to watch this game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But I wanted to end Vancouver's playoff run....

Did you know that the last three teams to end the Canucks season in the playoffs (CHI, BOS, LA) became the eventual Stanley Cup champions.

So congrats on the Stanley Cup, to whoever is #6 in the West.

There was a post about a week ago (BigEd, was it?) that mentioned that, since 1982-83, there has never been a postseason where both the Devils and Flyers missed out.

Well, jeez, I think the Flyers have only missed twice in the past 20 years (2007 was the other), and I think the Devils have only missed twice since 1996 (2011 was the other). Short seasons can really wreak havoc on everything. Only in the past two weeks did the Flyers finally look to be putting things together, and if there were 58 games, not 48, they might have squeezed in.

spacer.png

Archived