NFL teams that need new unis.

Decker85

With the recent updates, which teams do you feel need one as well?

For me there's some close calls like Dallas pants and bengals side panels but I'm going with Cardinals, Titans, and Falcons.

Oh and be realistic cause I know most will say Jacksonville.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the Titans have it bad... some will say to just go back to the original combination, but once you've strayed, sometimes it's best just to start over. I think all the teams that got that early 2000s makeover (side panels, piping) need to move past it... those looks became really dated fast. The Bills and Vikings just got rid of theirs... next on the list would be the Bengals, the Falcons, and the Cardinals. The Rams need to, at least, ditch that sad color scheme. The Rams, 49ers, and Eagles all went for that "dark" look, but at least the 9ers came to their senses. Finally, I've always hated every version of the Ravens uniforms. Its not the black over purple over black that bothers me... it's all details that they seem to get so consistently wrong.

OK, wow, that's a pretty big list. Titans, Bengals, Falcons, Cardinals, Rams, Eagles, Ravens. Oh, and obviously the Seahawks. And I know you said not to say it, but come on... the Jaguars have to be on this list.

Oh I totally forgot the patriots.

I can't stand titans cause the shoulder stripe thing. falcons cause sleves and all the lines, same for cards. patriots sleve thing is almost as bad as vikings 06 uni.

I really thing bengals would be amazing without the white side panel.

Cardinals, need to start from scratch.

Bengals, need some tweaking, get rid of the white side panels and the little zebra stripe. A mi of old and new.

Eagles, just something fresh, they're uniforms have almost a depressing vibe, maybe back to Kelly and silver even with black still in the mix.

Pats, keep the color balance because it's perfect, just change the design of the uniforms, no piping,

Cowboys, so used to them that they don't really bother me, but they would look really unique if they went back tithe navy and white throwbacks.

The Jets should drop the Hunter Green and go back to Kelly Green; with the Eagles.. I'm kind of partial on, didnt like when they went with the Midnight Green, but it has grown on me and I'm starting to like it.

The Lions should drop the black...

Titans - Definitely overdue for a change. I'd like to see them drop the navy actually and get a new logo. Uniforms need to be simple and clean.

Bengals - Their set just needs some cleaning up.

Patriots - The mismatched striping and piping kills me. Clean that up, and they'd look great.

Ravens - My Ravens could use some refreshing. Cut the drop shadows, get an iridescent black helmet w/ a purple hue and take off the stripes. And I guess they could have the Maryland flag in subliminal patterns. Then get a new Raven logo.

Falcons - I hate their number font, and as said, the set got generic. They need something sleek, but not ridiculous.

Cardinals - Eliminate black and draw some kind of inspiration from the mythical Phoenix, hence being in Arizona.

Lions - Rid the black and bring the return of blue facemasks.

The Bengals and that's about it. Ideally they'd just go back to something similar to the day and age of Corey Dillon.

Dallas has been wearing the mismatching blues and silvers for ages now it seems, that's their look. I'm not sure they should change that just because it would match better.

The Cowboys need a massive overhaul period. Their "home" white jerseys with light blue pants (do we really call them that?) are just "BORING". The navy on silver uniform (although they hardly wear them at all) looks great, I suggest maybe a navy blue or royal blue helmet, have stars on the sides of their white jerseys (just like they do on the navy jerseys), and maybe break tradition and wear royal blue pants with silver stripes on the pants with a star on top of each pant stripe. That would make a dull white jersey look a whole lot better.

And another wish, I wish the Cowboys would stop living in the 70s and 80s and follow many other NFL teams by wearing their dark blue jerseys at home. They can follow other southern NFL teams by wearing white for the first few games at home, then switch to blue for the remaining home games as the weather gets colder. Or they can follow Miami's lead at wear their blue at home during primetime games. Whatever works, I usually doze off every time I see the Cowboys wear white at home. Not good!!

Giants - I'd love to see them use their uniforms of the 90's as inspiration for something new.

Jets - Bring back the old logo with the jet in it, modernize it and build around that.

Jaguars - Enough said.

Saints - Need consistency within their set, and being that they're from New Orleans, they could spice them up a bit.

Eagles - They need something different, not sure exactly what, but if anything, they need a new font, especially those numbers.

Panthers - To me, they seem incomplete, a new logo with old uniforms. It just doesn't sit right with me. Finish it and get new uniforms and get a new font for the wordmark.

Rams - Another team in need of consistency. They need to build an identity around the ram horns. Trade the Navy | Old Gold scheme in for the return of Royal Blue | Athletic Gold (Yellow)

Bolt957 quoted: "Giants - I'd love to see them use their uniforms of the 90's as inspiration for something new."

I like to see the Giants return to these uniforms circa late 70s.

nyg76white.jpg

Imagine how many Giant fans react if Eli Manning and the rest of the G-Men return to wear blue pants. I also envision the Giants wearing an all-blue look, even though New York fans would have an uproar if that actually ever happens!! (dance)

Archived