2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Panthers, they can't even win something that isn't a hockey game.

Chalk it up to an overtime loss.

I don't think the Panthers ever recovered from the fashion they lost against New Jersey.

I mean, four wins = eight points. They won three games, and lost in OT in the 6th and 7th games of that series. OTL = point. Two OTL = two points. Six + Two = Eight. Kevin Dineen is still scratching his head.

spacer.png

I don't like the lottery system; in either NBA or NHL. You can Florida got shafted, but at least the worst team (who has the highest odds) can't finish worse then 3rd in the lottery.

Sure, it helps out those who consistently lose, but how do we know if a team didn't throw games to get better odds?

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I don't like the lottery system; in either NBA or NHL. You can Florida got shafted, but at least the worst team (who has the highest odds) can't finish worse then 3rd in the lottery.

Sure, it helps out those who consistently lose, but how do we know if a team didn't throw games to get better odds?

In the NHL lottery, the worst team can't finish worse than second. You can only be moved down one spot.

Throwing games to get better odds in the lottery is pretty much exactly the same problem as throwing games to get a better pick... that's something that every league deals with already. Plus, I don't think players currently on a team give a damn about the draft.

I kicked this around yesterday.

Teams that are 1-7 are the only ones that have the shot at number 1 pick, well 8-14 have a chance to move all the way up to 8th. Better's the odds of the worst teams in the league, well the mediocre teams till have a shot at a Top 10 pick.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So me and a friend were talking about this Stadium Series possibly being a replacement for the NHL Premiere.

This season there was no Premiere because of the lockout, and so far there's been no indication from the league that there will be any games held in Europe next season. With the NHL losing millions from the lockout, sending teams over here being an expensive affair, and since outdoor games can sell over three times as many tickets as a regular game, it comes across as if the Stadium Series is the NHL's way of making back what it lost. And because of this it does look like the Premiere concept is being put on hold for a while. A real shame if this is the end, as that's so far been my only way of seeing NHL games in person, including my first (and currently my only) Ducks game.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Like I said at the end of the season topic, Colorado conveniently ending up with Seth Jones seems like a fix

I have to feel that Colorado would have gotten Jones with either the 1st or 2nd pick. Florida would have gone for offense and taken Drouin or MacKinnon.

So me and a friend were talking about this Stadium Series possibly being a replacement for the NHL Premiere.

This season there was no Premiere because of the lockout, and so far there's been no indication from the league that there will be any games held in Europe next season. With the NHL losing millions from the lockout, sending teams over here being an expensive affair, and since outdoor games can sell over three times as many tickets as a regular game, it comes across as if the Stadium Series is the NHL's way of making back what it lost. And because of this it does look like the Premiere concept is being put on hold for a while. A real shame if this is the end, as that's so far been my only way of seeing NHL games in person, including my first (and currently my only) Ducks game.

Well, what needs to happen here, clearly, is to have the Ducks open the season at Wembley.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, what needs to happen here, clearly, is to have the Ducks open the season at Wembley.

I'm aware that you jest, but I wouldn't mind that :D

Then again the NHL never returned to London after the first Premiere. Weird, that.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A good twitter account to follow is @RealDanaHeinze. He's the Pens' equipment manager, and he posts some real cool pictures of all the equipment and locker room stuff.

Wow, there's a throwback.

I still have a game program from a 2004 Leafs/Lightning game (you know, when the two teams looked different) and he was on the Lightning staff back then as the assistant equipment manager.

spacer.png

Archived