NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

People liked their look from the get-go, even when they had Glen Rice and Co. It sells more now because they have LeBron, and also they're more successful. However, it's a great look either way. The logo was perfect, the team name works, and they've kept a consistent identity from the beginning. You do NOT rebrand something that works. You think Coca-Cola is going to change their main color to green and use a Comic Sans font? No, because that would be stupid. You do not destroy brand recognition. The Heat are at a point that their brand is as well known as the Bulls, the Lakers, the Celtics, etc. I promise you, nothing is changing.

Well-known? Perhaps. But when I think of red and black in the NBA, I think of the Bulls, period. The Miami Vice rebrand could definitely work as long as they stick with black as their primary color.

but if you saw a blank heat jersey with no word mark, just black jersey with red side panels and some white and orange piping you instantly know thats the heat, versus a red jersey with a white pentagon on the shorts and some white and black trim being the bulls, both instantly recognizable when compared to say the nets who you could confuse for san antonio, or bucks, mavericks, bobcats, and pelicans not having looks that you could instantly tell who they are

Maybe one of us uni nerds, but for casual fans, the Heat are about as bland as an NBA team gets. Especially with so many teams having red uniforms in their rotation.

but the only one with a black primary like the heat is portland and nobody is confusing one for the other, and it's not just uni nerds, I'm talking about anyone who watches the game, or even watches sports center. show them a blank heat jersey and they will know what it is.

Off the top of my head (and I just woke up) The a nets, Spurs, Raptors, Lakers, Magic, Bulls, all have Black uniforms

I'm saying black and red, where black is their main color, black is their primary which is what most people identify with, those other teams either don't have red in there scheme or their black uni is an alternate

Oh, i see what you're saying.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teal, please come home. Your father and I are very worried about how these bullies are picking on you.

Son, your mother is right. Come home and pick up your troll dolls.

Whoever is taking the hit with the triple accounts, I salute you :D

When Teal hit the scene, it was a revelation. His name was "Teal," his avatar was just a square of teal, and most of his posts were just like "I hope they wear teal!" It was a foray into postmodernism that this board sorely needed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the remainder of the sleeved unis for this season. ooof.

sleeved-1_zpsa3f37c93.jpg

sleeved-2_zps8af6977d.jpg

sleeved-3_zpscdb52c1f.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAdUcp8u3zQ

I don't know what's worse... the sleeves or the forced Spanish definitive articles. Between the two I want go gouge my eyes out.

Three things that I actually liked about these jerseys:

*The Chicago Bulls' St. Patrick's Day jersey actually say "Chicago" and it's in white, which I think hasn't happened since 1973 (the white font part). This jersey in red would be much better than the Bulls' Christmas jersey.

*"Los Bulls" wording also in white.

*"Los Lakers" Noche Latina wording in gold (a first on an official white Lakers jersey?).
One thing that bugs me (besides the sleeves): why are all the jerseys v-necked?

Quick note: if the Nets jersey is indeed paying homage to the Dodgers, shouldn't the player number on the front be red?

2i12.png

the remainder of the sleeved unis for this season. ooof.

sleeved-1_zpsa3f37c93.jpg

sleeved-2_zps8af6977d.jpg

sleeved-3_zpscdb52c1f.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAdUcp8u3zQ

I don't know what's worse... the sleeves or the forced Spanish definitive articles. Between the two I want go gouge my eyes out.

I'd rather strap my nips up to a Duralast, drink a pint of bleach, jump into a cactus, attend a Coyotes game, free-fall off Seattle's Space Needle cordless, intentionally crash my car into a tree and drink a gallon of lighter fluid...all before ever liking the idea of the NBA's sleeved jerseys.*

*I think I might have a humiliation fetish

Archived