NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA didn't care at all about the Clippers until this past weekend and they won't care about them when all the dust settles.

Wrong. Every single home game has been sold out for the past three years. LA can more than adequately support two teams as long as the products are actually being put out in good faith.

As for that "rabid" Seattle fanbase, they wouldn't pay for a new arena to keep the team, and they only sold 100% of their seats for a whopping four seasons between 1985-2008 (only one more season than us). Revisionist history won't help your case.

You know who doesn't deserve sympathy? Seattle. You threw a huge pity party when the Sonics moved, everyone felt bad, and now you feel entitled to "stealing" any team that's in a slightly precarious position for any length of time (without even realizing the hypocrisy of this). Seattle only exists to the NBA as an empty threat for owners to use to get more taxpayer money nowadays, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Now how 'bout those uniforms?

Wait, you're happy Seattle is being used as a threat for owners to get more taxpayer money? Why is that?

LA didn't care at all about the Clippers until this past weekend and they won't care about them when all the dust settles.

Wrong. Every single home game has been sold out for the past three years. LA can more than adequately support two teams as long as the products are actually being put out in good faith.

As for that "rabid" Seattle fanbase, they wouldn't pay for a new arena to keep the team, and they only sold 100% of their seats for a whopping four seasons between 1985-2008 (only one more season than us). Revisionist history won't help your case.

You know who doesn't deserve sympathy? Seattle. You threw a huge pity party when the Sonics moved, everyone felt bad, and now you feel entitled to "stealing" any team that's in a slightly precarious position for any length of time (without even realizing the hypocrisy of this). Seattle only exists to the NBA as an empty threat for owners to use to get more taxpayer money nowadays, and I couldn't be happier about that.

Wait, you're happy Seattle is being used as a threat for owners to get more taxpayer money? Why is that?
Because I don't want to see those fans, and that scumbag Hansen for that matter, get rewarded for their hypocrisy with a team of their own. MAYBE as an expansion team it'd be fine, but not any other city's team.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Man, you guys are making me want Seattle to steal the Clippers even more now. Clippers supported, ha, that is funny.

And you wonder why you're getting this reaction. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the NBA won't let it happen since they have a vendetta against the City and State

There are many reasons why it won't happen, but a "vendetta" isn't one of them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Because I don't want to see those fans, and that scumbag Hansen for that matter, get rewarded for their hypocrisy with a team of their own. MAYBE as an expansion team it'd be fine, but not any other city's team.

It's not like fans are secretly meeting and plotting how they're going to "steal" some other city's team. Billionaires will cut deals, cities will make choices, and a team will be in Seattle (some day).

You expect the fans to say "no, sorry - this isn't quite what we wanted"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good suggestion. I kind of hope a new owner will use a variant/modernization of the San Diego Clippers' logo, much like what MBannon92 did here:

Logo2-01.png

Yes.

Personally, I think the Clippers should play their games out in Anaheim or just move back to San Diego.

Why

Personally, I think the Clippers should play their games out in Anaheim or just move back to San Diego.

Why

I never liked the idea of two teams in the same city sharing the same building, especially considering I'm a Lakers fan.

Also this:

Clippers-Banner-Staples-Center-Lakers-Ba

It's just wrong.

bSLCtu2.png

Why

I never liked the idea of two teams in the same city sharing the same building, especially considering I'm a Lakers fan.

Also this:

It's just wrong.

As a guy who isn't a fan of either team, I see nothing wrong with it. That's part of the territory when sharing a facility.

Go A's!

Why

Also this:

It's just wrong.

As a guy who isn't a fan of either team, I see nothing wrong with it. That's part of the territory when sharing a facility.

I don't recall other tenants covering up championship banners and retired numbers. If anybody can give me an example then that would be most interesting and possibly make me feel less annoyed.

bSLCtu2.png

Cool logo hopefully they get rid of that rwb and go back to red black white and yellow.

Ps. CLIPPERS are Not moving. NBA is not going to relocate another team. Did you not see what happened to Sacramento? But they will definitely look into expansion. It takes a lot to do. When Milwaukee just sold the clause was to no relocation. NBA doesnt want that to happen again. Learning from a mistake.

shado_logo.gif

Cool logo hopefully they get rid of that rwb and go back to red black white and yellow.

Ps. CLIPPERS are Not moving. NBA is not going to relocate another team. Did you not see what happened to Sacramento? But they will definitely look into expansion. It takes a lot to do. When Milwaukee just sold the clause was to no relocation. NBA doesnt want that to happen again. Learning from a mistake.

So what happens if Mil taxpayers refuse to subsidize? Are the bucks forced to play in the current arena indefinitely?

One thing to remember about pro sports is that whatever guarantees/promises are made to the fans/public can change at any time.

Why

Also this:

It's just wrong.

I don't recall other tenants covering up championship banners and retired numbers. If anybody can give me an example then that would be most interesting and possibly make me feel less annoyed.

Of the four major sports, the Giants and Jets are the only team that share a facility and I don't know if they even have championship banners or anything of that sort to begin with

Go A's!

Why

Also this:

It's just wrong.

Yeah I don't see the problem especially since neither team owns the facility. aeg owns staples and a minority stake in the lakers but that's it. If anything the kings own staples as aeg owns them outright.

Also aside from the tax giveaway and free land, staples is one of the most utilized and economically effective venues in the country because it has 3 tenants. You could move the clips to Anaheim but these cities that get suckered into building separate for hockey and basketball are flat out stupid for wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on 2 builds that are only occupied 82 days a year then compete against each other for one off events.

Why

Also this:

It's just wrong.

Yeah I don't see the problem especially since neither team owns the facility. aeg owns staples and a minority stake in the lakers but that's it. If anything the kings own staples as aeg owns them outright.

Also aside from the tax giveaway and free land, staples is one of the most utilized and economically effective venues in the country because it has 3 tenants. You could move the clips to Anaheim but these cities that get suckered into building separate for hockey and basketball are flat out stupid for wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on 2 builds that are only occupied 82 days a year then compete against each other for one off events.

I'm pretty sure the clippers could just use the honda center (which is what the ducks use)

Why

Also this:

It's just wrong.

Of the four major sports, the Giants and Jets are the only team that share a facility and I don't know if they even have championship banners or anything of that sort to begin with

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7386151/new-york-jets-miff-new-york-giants-covering-super-bowl-logos

EDIT: oooh, a follow up: http://nypost.com/2012/08/14/jets-wont-cover-up-giants-super-bowl-logos-again/

90758391980.gif

Archived