NBA Changes 2013-14 Season

Burkell007

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From that video it looks like the new Clippers uniform is NOT the sleeved version. And I'm so excited for them. I hope they go back to those colors overall and adapt the nautical image again.

Too many red while and blue teams..

I 100% agree. They really need to embrace their nautical relationship. There is so much potential for a great brand with Clipper ship imagery. There is nothing in their current brand that makes people think of Clipper ships (except for MAYBE their uniform side stripes, although those are pretty abstract). It's sad how many people I have to explain what the name 'Clippers' means. Blue and orange would look great and be unique, especially with the nautical flags.

From that video it looks like the new Clippers uniform is NOT the sleeved version. And I'm so excited for them. I hope they go back to those colors overall and adapt the nautical image again.

Too many red while and blue teams..

I 100% agree. They really need to embrace their nautical relationship. There is so much potential for a great brand with Clipper ship imagery. There is nothing in their current brand that makes people think of Clipper ships (except for MAYBE their uniform side stripes, although those are pretty abstract). It's sad how many people I have to explain what the name 'Clippers' means. Blue and orange would look great and be unique, especially with the nautical flags.

In Poland some people still use translated nicknames that were created by a journalist with a small English-Polish dictionary in the 90s. You can't go wrong with teams like Bulls or Spurs but it gets tricky with less obvious/more abstract names so e.g. Trail Blazers are Luminous Streaks and the Clippers are Sheep Shearers.

Official colors for the Sky Blue and Burnt Orange era:

SanDiegoClippers_FRC_1983_SCC_SRGB.png

The primary colors come from an official 1978 logosheet...in fact, the colors are referred to Blue and Red (!).

I'm guessing on the International Marine Signal flag colors...probably fairly close however.

I'm watching the Wizards' Media Day live stream. I see that my Wizards have (finally) removed the horizontal stripe from the back of their jerseys. Kudos. That'll make the uni numbers far more legible than they were before - and it's what Bullets uniforms looked like back when Wes and Elvin were wearing them: horizontal stripe on the front, clean on the back.

^ I hear you. It's jarring to have silver outlines, especially since silver doesn't appear anywhere else on the uni or the identity package (other than the secondary monument logo).

That being said, I suppose the silver is intended to provide contrast between three different colors (i.e., on the home uni, a red number would otherwise abut a blue stripe *and* a white field). If they used a white outline, then the red number would stand out better against the blue stripe, but the white outline would of course get lost on the white background. I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

As much as I wish it were orange, at least on my screen, it's definitely red not orange. Hope I'm seeing it wrong though as orange and powder are so much more interesting than red and powder.

There's one part of the video where the stripes definitely look closer to orange than red:

UODhm7G.png

There's also a shot of what appears to be the front numbers that also looks orange:

NcH37sL.png

Could be bad lighting I suppose, but just putting that out there.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The sleeves don't work if they're just plain like that. They need trim, either cuff trim or racing-style stripes

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived