How the NFL Would Look in My Perfect World: Updates

8BW14

Could you do something with the background color? Maybe it's just the monitor I'm currently using but the black in the uniforms is too close to the blackness behind them.

I'm working on that. On my monitor they look fine, but I understand that and I'm trying to get that fixed.

Aside from that minor gripe of mine, I'm diggin' it so far. Good work.

bufg.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC East

Buffalo Bills

I liked the recent Buffalo bills update but I have always preferred the red helmet, so I brought that back and eliminated all of the navy on the uniform. The flywire collar is fixed also.

Buffalohome_zpse5f0c601.pngBuffaloaway_zps1d520c1b.png

Miami Dolphins

The only thing good about the uniforms the Dolphins unveiled recently was the updated colors scheme and the white facemask. everything else had to go. These uniforms feature a more traditional striping pattern for the dolphins, which brings some color and downplays the new blueish-teal color, not orange.

MiamiHome_zps1526298e.pngMiamiaway_zps1a2f4dc3.png

New England Patriots

The Patriots new uniforms are a combination of old and new. I'm really tired of the patriots current uniforms. I think they are too dark, so i livened them up a bit. Now the home jersey is red with a white lid and pants and there are red pants to go with the white jersey.

NewEnglandHome_zpsd9814e93.pngNewEnglandaway_zps3aae1f52.png

New York Jets

The Jets return to kelly green in my world, and I think it looks good. I kept the helmet white, but changed up the logo. The jerseys are the same apart form the color and the regular road pants are green. Yeah I know the name's a little outdated, but he was still a jet when i made these.

NewYorkJetsHome_zpscce3c866.pngNewYorkJetsaway_zps2ac0f4b3.png

As always, I would love to know what you think and c&c is appreciated. Thanks.

Only thing I would change is the logo on the Jets helmet. I love the "wing" on the sleeve, but I think the "football" shaped logo works better for the helmet.

I'm of the belief that the Bills look better with a white helmet. But then, all these teams would have white helmets. I love the elimination of the navy though.

I think I'd darken the Patriots red personally, but I love that set. Red, White and Blue just fits for the Patriots.

Bengals uniforms look phenomenal. The helmet numbers look a little big but it's not too much of an issue to detract from the rest of the concept.

Jaguars look great as well, but perhaps you could use white lettering for the player names on the blue jersey.

Bills/Fins look great, really digging the red helmets. Interesting take on the Patriots. I'd love to see them revert back to red home jerseys and the white helmets look especially sharp.

Jets look great, but I think the shoulder wing doesn't quite meld with the traditional striping. I think the TV numbers would be better suited there.

Bills: looks perfect. Blue pants would've been in pace though.

Dolphins: good as well.

Patriots: I'd change the facemask and road pants from red to blue. That would balance out the colors a little more.

Jets: the wing doesn't look right on the sleeves. Maybe try to incorporate it into the striping patterns, but it looks bad by itself on the sleeve. Maybe switch to green helmets, just because 3 of your 4 are currently in white.

spacer.png

I really like the red mask and pants for the Pats so what about red numbers? I think that would do the job. I went back and forth on a green helmet for the Jets for a long time so I will try a green helmet and find a better way to integrate the Jet logo. Thanks for the comments.

The Dolphins template you did was what I was hoping for, judging by the comments they were making the past year about bringing back tradition and more of a retro look. The set they just unveiled couldn't of been further from that statement. Good work on all concepts....

I think that Patriots need more blue in their jerseys.

Blue facemasks would help... maybe blue pants and/or blue shoulderers (with red shoulder stripes) on the road jerseys? Or maybe just a blue alt.

I've been a fan since 1993, so I've always liked the blue look more than the red.

Okay I updated Cincinnati and Jacksonville. I changed their original posts and I'll post the updates here too.

Jacksonvilleteal_zps1d3ad850.pngJacksonvilleaway_zpsd372a4af.png

Cincinnatihome_zpsa0403439.png

Those are solid, I think the changes really worked well!

Great job!

Championship%20Banners.jpg.png

AFC East

Buffalo Bills

I liked the recent Buffalo bills update but I have always preferred the red helmet, so I brought that back and eliminated all of the navy on the uniform. The flywire collar is fixed also.

Buffalohome_zpse5f0c601.pngBuffaloaway_zps1d520c1b.png

Miami Dolphins

The only thing good about the uniforms the Dolphins unveiled recently was the updated colors scheme and the white facemask. everything else had to go. These uniforms feature a more traditional striping pattern for the dolphins, which brings some color and downplays the new blueish-teal color, not orange.

MiamiHome_zps1526298e.pngMiamiaway_zps1a2f4dc3.png

New England Patriots

The Patriots new uniforms are a combination of old and new. I'm really tired of the patriots current uniforms. I think they are too dark, so i livened them up a bit. Now the home jersey is red with a white lid and pants and there are red pants to go with the white jersey.

NewEnglandHome_zpsd9814e93.pngNewEnglandaway_zps3aae1f52.png

New York Jets

The Jets return to kelly green in my world, and I think it looks good. I kept the helmet white, but changed up the logo. The jerseys are the same apart form the color and the regular road pants are green. Yeah I know the name's a little outdated, but he was still a jet when i made these.

NewYorkJetsHome_zpscce3c866.pngNewYorkJetsaway_zps2ac0f4b3.png

As always, I would love to know what you think and c&c is appreciated. Thanks.

White facemasks for the Jets?

Since you went white helmet for Pats, I wonder how white facemasks would work?

Championship%20Banners.jpg.png

Update to a couple teams here.

First is the Jets. Home and away have different helmets because I'm not sure which one I like better. I tried to modernize their shoulder stripes, also.

NewYorkJetsHome_zpsac5365a4.pngNewYorkJetsaway_zps3d5617f8.png

Second team is the New England Patriots. Not really much of a change here. I cleaned them up a but and mad the numbers red and added a red stripe to balance the colors better on the road.

NewEnglandHome_zps46e0336e.pngNewEnglandaway_zps670bd247.png

Your Patriots update made the color balance even worse. Now the only blue in the set is in the outlines of numbers. I strongly suggest making the road pants blue, and the facemask blue as well. That would make the color balance look good.

spacer.png

Your Patriots update made the color balance even worse. Now the only blue in the set is in the outlines of numbers. I strongly suggest making the road pants blue, and the facemask blue as well. That would make the color balance look good.

I don't see how that is worse. The dominant color on both sets is red. I tried the blue facemask which looked ok with the road but looked so out of place with the home.

I don't see how that is worse. The dominant color on both sets is red. I tried the blue facemask which looked ok with the road but looked so out of place with the home.

Look at it this way. The main part of the logo is blue. The majority of the sleeves is blue. The central color on the helmet, pants, and socks stripe is blue. Why not have a blue facemask? I just think it would look better that way.

Oh, and go with the second Jets helmet.

spacer.png

Look at it this way. The main part of the logo is blue. The majority of the sleeves is blue. The central color on the helmet, pants, and socks stripe is blue. Why not have a blue facemask? I just think it would look better that way.

Oh, and go with the second Jets helmet.

I understand where you are coming from and really appreciate your genuine input on the uniforms, but I think I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I see red as the central color of the uniform.I really wanted to get away from navy blue dominating the Patriots uniforms. I think the numbers on the road look better blue so i will change that back, but I'm really happy with the Patriots otherwise.

Archived