Washington Redtails-Secondary Logo pg. 3

mcrosby

I think the wings look a little off. Like they curve upwards slightly.

I also think that where the starboard (right) wing meets the fuselage, the perspective is thrown off a little. It makes either the underneath look a little fat, for use of a better word, or that the wings flow out of the fuselage like so:

220px-Vulcan.delta.arp.jpg

(obviously this is a lot more extreme case, as an example)

I do think that by using a different shade for the leading edge of the wing like in your original sketch you may be able to fix this.

I agree with this.

You need hard angles to fix the wings. The underbelly is still to round. The air intake starts under the wings.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phenomenal man, saw this on your dribble, and seeing your start to finish, really love it. It's a great primary. And the subtle spear, you're making logos after my heart. Love them details.

Would love to see different uses of this, wordmarks, secondary, etc.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

The update is fantastic. I didn't put much faith in this idea the first time around, but you REALLY knocked it out of the park. Just incredible. My only critique, and this might be more personal preference than anything, is that the whole thing is very dark. What happens if you swap the gold and the white? Would it brighten it a lot? Maybe a brighter gold? Maybe just seeing it on different backgrounds would fix that, idk.

Either way, that's incredible. If the team switched to that, it would be very difficult to be upset. Great work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I think some brighter options need to be tried

I think you're going to need a reverse version (if it's going to be on the helmet, the plane has to be flying forward, or it will look weird)

One version, if not more, needs to have that D*C logo on the sleeves of the jersey. With the modern jersey not having much sleeve, having that on the side of a player seems like a really cool idea and should be tried.

Tinkering is what I'm about, if you can't tell lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Great job! The only thing really bothering me is that the plane isn't centred in the roundel. It looks too far to the left.

I second this motion

I tried it in a more centered position, but ultimately the way in which the red tail sticks out was symbolic to me. The center of the roundel also being near the 'center' of the spear was great for me. In addition, the further the nose stuck out the more front heavy the logo became.

Updated the wings. Let me know what you think.

Picture27_zpscaebc94b.png

This looks great, but (and it could just be me) i think you need to rotate the whole tail area counter clockwise slightly and make it flush with the body of the plane. right now it looks like it's sloping downwards and it makes the whole thing look disjointed.

I agree with shaydre1019, the tail is the problem part for me, also the gold circle outline lines up too well with the red in the tail of the plane, it optically makes it look like two different planes and with the observation that shaydre1019 made, compounds it even further.

I'm not a big fan of the fonts used either, a custom font is just as important as a new logo, maybe research what the fonts used on the actual planes flown by Redtails looked like. That could be a great starting point for your own font.

Keep pushing this, it's a nice concept you have going.

I'm trying to work out the perspective issues before I move on to correcting the propeller. The spear is less obvious now, but I think it helps achieve a perspective fix.

Picture24_zps0dd27eaa.png

This would be an awesome substitute to the Redskins if it happened. Logo is very clean, the colors carry over from the 'Skins, and it fits the D.C. area well.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived