Canadian Soccer Pyramid 2028

nas1787

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

I used to live in nearby Kincardine, yet another town well below the threshold of being worthy of a team. Doh! When I was a kid I went to a museum in Guelph that had a stuffed two-headed cougar or goat or calf or something on display. That's 100% of my memory of Guelph.

I used to live in nearby Kincardine, yet another town well below the threshold of being worthy of a team. Doh! When I was a kid I went to a museum in Guelph that had a stuffed two-headed cougar or goat or calf or something on display. That's 100% of my memory of Guelph.

Haha I never saw that in my time there. I actually spent some time in Kincardine myself a couple years back, doing some work at Bruce Nuclear...

Brampton and Guelph both look fantastic! I also lived in Guelph for some time. I absolutely love Brampton's modernized Lion. Keep at it!

Thanks. I should mention the lion is adapted from the MGM Grand logo.

Guest darkpiranha

Haha I never saw that in my time there. I actually spent some time in Kincardine myself a couple years back, doing some work at Bruce Nuclear...

Cool. That's why my family was in Kincardine. My dad was the chief engineer on the construction of that Bruce Heavy Water plant back in the early 70's.

Good idea to ditch the mess of the original overdetailed Chill logo and start from scratch. Yours logo is leagues above theirs and something they should consider.

Minor tweaks you could consider would be instead of putting 'Thunder Bay' inside the canoe you could loop it around outside of the soccer ball - could then put Chill inside the canoe (or not). I may be wrong, but I think putting the text around the ball would add balance to the logo a little more.

You could try the Sleeping Giant (city's major landmark, on city flag, plus you can see it in the original Chill logo) instead of the canoe. Your canoe may work better being a simplier form but it may be worth a try.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

I remember when the current ownership bought the Lions and renamed them to Lions City United FC and I just thought "what the hell?" Brampton United works (because Brampton and their satellite city, Bramalea are considered 1 city now) Lions makes sense too, obviously due to the old name (going back to when the team played in Oakville if I recall correctly).

What you've done is cut out the B.S. in the name...great job, a nice crest to boot! The grey and blue pair up really nice.

I really like the Guelph crest too. I'm a big fan of using cities nicknames as part of the team's name and that's why I really like the "royal city" name.

So far you've made Ontario League 1 look amazing!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I absolutely love Guelph's logo!! I cant even explain it, its just so simple, but the colours are just perfect! I feel like making a jersey for them now :P great work!

I absolutely love Guelph's logo!! I cant even explain it, its just so simple, but the colours are just perfect! I feel like making a jersey for them now :P great work!

Feel free, I'd love to see some jersey concepts.

Toronto Croatia - OL1

Being a club with a lot of history, I didn't want to mess around too much with Toronto Croatia. I worked with all the same elements they currently have, just tried to modernize everything a bit. I moved around the wording so that the emphasis is in Toronto Croatia and not CNSC 1956. Overall this was really fun to update.

gFlObXD.jpg

Windsor Stars - OL1

I always find Stars to be a tough name to design for. There really are only so many ways you can use a star. For Windsor, I repurposed a concept from my American Rugby Union, the Washington Stars. I placed the W-star inside a shield with a soccer ball. The colours stay the same, as I quite like the double blue and gold look.

Gw4F0U8.jpg

Nice clean-up of Croatia, same with Windsor. Although I feel something is missing. maybe a white boarder or white with orange? Or just a darker blue like the original. I'm just thinking, on a light blue jersey, it would somewhat blend in.

And towards the jersey comment. I was actually planning on making jerseys for all of them - if I uploaded, I would have given you credit for the logos anyway - so I may make a thread in a week or so with all the jerseys I made including my own logos.

I have to agree on the Windsor front, just feels like something is missing.

Your concept is still heads and shoulders above the current crest, it just need something else and i'm not sure what.

Meanwhile....Toronto Croatia might be your best concept of the series thus far!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I have to agree on the Windsor front, just feels like something is missing.

Your concept is still heads and shoulders above the current crest, it just need something else and i'm not sure what.

Meanwhile....Toronto Croatia might be your best concept of the series thus far!

Thanks guys, I'll try throwing a stroke around Windsor to make it a bit more complete.

I cannot believe there is a team called Croatia, and what's even cooler it's in Toronto.

Proud to be Croat.

Yeah, they were originally (and actually still are to a large extent) made up of Croatian immigrants. There's a pretty long history of ethnic clubs in both Canada and the US.

Hamilton Football Club - OL1

Soccer returns to Hamilton with Hamilton FC. The colours and crest are taken directly from the city flag. I'm not sure I love it, it ended up coming across a bit bland, so if you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.

2RtWYQO.jpg

Niagara Falls United - OL1

In reworking this club, it actually was not until I was finished that I realized the club's name was Niagara United and not Niagara Falls United. I think Niagara Falls United works much better, and is a much more interesting name, so I left it. The wavy lines evoke the falls, and are similar to those found on the city's coat of arms. You may recognize the crest shape as it is very similar to West Ham, just with a soccer ball on top as a nod to the past logo.

hUwEBdf.jpg

Soccer returns to Hamilton with Hamilton FC. The colours and crest are taken directly from the city flag. I'm not sure I love it, it ended up coming across a bit bland, so if you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.

2RtWYQO.jpg

Gorgeous. That would look great on a hat, ball or anything.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

hmm, I really like the Hamilton one. I actually thought you would have went with Steeltown FC or something with black and gold and maybe a hint of blue. Maybe toss a bit of black or maybe leave black as an accent colour of the jerseys?

Also, I believe the name was Niagara United because of Welland, and St. Cats as well as Thorold, Fort Erie and Port Colborne together. Niagara Falls United sounds nice too, nothing wrong with that, but it will be sad seeing no St Cats team as a result :( at least I have the Garden City United that I made a couple weeks ago!

I very much like the logo for Niagara as well, but there is something missing. Maybe it could use an Establishment Date near the top of the falls or a skyline with that needle thingy that looks like Seattle's?

Very good work either way!

2RtWYQO.jpg

I disagree, I don't think anything is missing at all, great work!

Archived