AFC my way: 4 relocation teams coming soon (LA, TOR, POR, South Beach)

eliasrappaport

http://s1102.photobu...09983.jpeg.html

Blue: AFC East

Green: AFC North

Orange: AFC South

Red: AFC West

As you can see (or not cause this is pretty :censored:ty haha), I relocated the Bills to Toronto, the Dolphins to South Beach, The Chargers to Portland, Oregon, and the Jaguars to Los Angeles. I think those cities are more deserving than the ones that have their teams currently and make the divisions make more sense.

Update: Here is what I have so far for the Los Angeles Grizzlies!

Logo

Home

Toronto, as a Toronto native (almost).,... no. We don't sell out the Bills in Toronto games.... ever. We get 1 game where Toronto gets a Bills home game. Buffalo hates it cuz they lose 1 home game every year, and Buffalo has lots of fans. KEEP THE ARGOS!

Toronto, as a Toronto native.,... no. We don't sell out the Bills in Toronto games.... ever. We get 1 game where Toronto gets a Bills home game. Buffalo hates it cuz they lose 1 home game every year, and Buffalo has lots of fans. KEEP THE ARGOS!

I think once you get a team and it's marketed heavily there, is good (BUF sucks), and builds its niche in your CAN culture, they will do better. The NFL needs to expand internationally though, and this is their best chance. When Manchester United comes to Philly (my hometown), they don't always sell out or get much attention, however if they moved to Philly, they would gain tons of fans here.

Toronto, as a Toronto native.,... no. We don't sell out the Bills in Toronto games.... ever. We get 1 game where Toronto gets a Bills home game. Buffalo hates it cuz they lose 1 home game every year, and Buffalo has lots of fans. KEEP THE ARGOS!

I think once you get a team and it's marketed heavily there, is good (BUF sucks), and builds its niche in your CAN culture, they will do better. The NFL needs to expand internationally though, and this is their best chance. When Manchester United comes to Philly (my hometown), they don't always sell out or get much attention, however if they moved to Philly, they would gain tons of fans here.

This is a false statement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just updated with what I have so far for the LA Grizzlies. Grizzlies are the CAL state animal so I think the name fits. I used tried to make the uniform light and airy looking. I used the Jaguars font for the numbers.

You never heard of the Chicago Bears before?

bYhYmxh.png

1. Jags to LA is great! I think it's a likely landing spot.

2. Keep San Diego. They have been around for awhile.

3. Bills...I don't know. They're strong nowhere

4. What difference is South Beach and Miami? It's just a neighborhood in the city. It's like if the Lakers changed their name to the Downtown Lakers.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

4. What difference is South Beach and Miami? It's just a neighborhood in the city. It's like if the Lakers changed their name to the Downtown Lakers.

San Diego has pretty bad fans and should move at some point. The Bills could use a bigger market. Miami is having an issue in getting Miami government to approve a stadium, so a move just outside of the city, would make sense.

Just updated with what I have so far for the LA Grizzlies. Grizzlies are the CAL state animal so I think the name fits. I used tried to make the uniform light and airy looking. I used the Jaguars font for the numbers.

IMO isn't similar to the Bears really... This is light blue, not navy, the name is Grizzlies (a type of bear, but sounds different enough) and the logo isn't even that similar, plus they use the "C" logo a lot more.

IMO isn't similar to the Bears really... This is light blue, not navy, the name is Grizzlies (a type of bear, but sounds different enough) and the logo isn't even that similar, plus they use the "C" logo a lot more.

Still...a team with blue (any shade) and orange as the color scheme with an ursine mascot...been done.

bYhYmxh.png

San Diego has pretty bad fans and should move at some point. The Bills could use a bigger market. Miami is having an issue in getting Miami government to approve a stadium, so a move just outside of the city, would make sense.

The Dolphins already play outside of the city of Miami in the city of Miami Gardens, located between Miami & Fort Lauderdale. To suggest a move to "South Beach" would be to suggest a move to Miami itself.

Bills - I would sooner see the Argos change leagues than the Bills move to Toronto. Neither are ever going to happen though.

Chargers - The only place I could see the Chargers moving is back to Los Angeles, where they played their first and only season.

Dolphins - They aren't going anywhere. Maybe they don't play in Miami Gardens for much longer, but they'll remain in South Florida. All the relocation talk has about as much likelihood as when the New England Patriots were going to move to Connecticut or St. Louis all those years ago. It's a bunch of bluster and nothing more.

Jaguars - Probably the only team that realistically has a chance to move to L.A.

Portland, Oregon? Nah dude. Just... nah..

mainescarf.png

The NFL expanding into Canada would be a bad idea. I don't think it would ever happen for one, and two they already have their own football. If the NFL expands internationally, the first option should be Mexico City.

Only team in the NFL that needs to move is the Jaguars to LA.

This is maybe outside the scope of your project, but I could honestly see the NFL expanding by four or eight teams.

This opens up markets like the ones below. Each represent a large metro area (~1M people) with no NFL presence. There are others, too, but I could see several of these cities having NFL teams in the future.

Toronto

BC/Vancouver

Mexico City

Portland

Salt Lake City

Oklahoma City

Omaha

Las Vegas

Viginia Beach / Norfolk

Louisville, KY

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I can't buy the Chargers moving to Portland. You're moving a team that has low-medium attendance (low 90% capacity usually) to a worse media market in a part of the country with little professional football history where the nearest team (Seattle) draws only marginally better with a 50% increase in population.

San Diego to LA is a real possibility.

I could also see a team in Portland, but I think the Rams, Jags, Bills, and Bucs are all more likely to move. Or expansion. And I think LA, Vegas, Austin or San Antonio, Oklahoma City, and Salt Lake are likely higher on the pecking order.

This is maybe outside the scope of your project, but I could honestly see the NFL expanding by four or eight teams.

This opens up markets like the ones below. Each represent a large metro area (~1M people) with no NFL presence. There are others, too, but I could see several of these cities having NFL teams in the future.

Toronto

BC/Vancouver

Mexico City

Portland

Salt Lake City

Oklahoma City

Omaha

Las Vegas

Viginia Beach / Norfolk

Louisville, KY

San Antonio is also a huge market and a football-ready stadium good to go. Three teams in Texas probably isn't very appealing, but logistically there are a lot of things already in place.

mainescarf.png

Toronto

BC/Vancouver

Mexico City

Portland

Salt Lake City

Oklahoma City

Omaha

Las Vegas

Viginia Beach / Norfolk

Louisville, KY

San Antonio is also a huge market and a football-ready stadium good to go. Three teams in Texas probably isn't very appealing, but logistically there are a lot of things already in place.

I wrestled with including SA for that very reason. But hey, I guess the NBA has the Rockets, Spurs and Mavs, so why not?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If you wanna have an LA team, I'd be okay with the Chargers up there cause that's where they really started in the old AFL.

However, the Chargers history should stay in SD. The old Chargers in LA should have a new name (Slayers, Avengers, Guardians, etc).

A new Charger team should be a Winnipeg deal instead of Cleveland, where the name was revived by a team moving in instead of an expansion club claiming the original team's history as its own.

If the Dolphins went to South Beach, they'd still be the Miami Dolphins, representing Greater Miami-Dade instead of just Miami proper.

I do like the idea of reviving Indy's rivalries with the Jets, Bills and Pats full time, but I'd keep the Bills in Buffalo.

For your NFC thread, I'd keep the NFC East, North and South as they are and just move the Rams back to LA.

Archived