[Soccer] Europeanized American Soccer - Amateur Divisions (Huntsville and Little Rock added!)

Naoned Pride

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What bothers you in the letter placement ?

It just seems haphazard. The N is a lowered placed letter while the Y is the highest placed letter, leaving the C floating in the middle. There doesn't seem to to be any rhyme or reason for it. It would be one thing if you we're following a similar line as the gold stripe and the NYC was acending, but it is not.

Also, the Y has a different thickness value compared to the N and C.

I like both of the last NYC FC logos. The latter looks like a great logo for the team prior 1996 or so. The one with the whole script on it looks good too, but I'd use the colours from the latest one you posted for it as well. And maybe there are too many buildings, I couldnt imagine all that detail being stitched onto a jersey. You are very close to perfection though!!

I think you've had enough comments about the NYC crest so I'll just give my opinion about the kits. I love the Washington 3rd kit! I would say that alot of your away strips are just colour flips of the home shirt. That is pretty common these days but maybe you could change the designs for the away kits abit more often. Im not saying NEVER flip the colours, Ive done it myself, just maybe not as much. I think you have the talent to come up with some different designs. That being said, I like every single kit you've done here and I cant wait to see the rest.

I also love the little 'home', 'away' and '3rd' logos above the kits, nice touch!

sigen.jpg

Seattle is definitely my favorite, and I would have loved if you encorporated the native-american logo somehow:

seattle_fc_alt_2.png

But I love how the kits and logo turned out.

Thanks for using my logo as reference. I agree with you too. Chief Seattle is huge part of the identity of Seattle along with the Space Needle. I know the European names are being used in this. Just don't understand the use of Sporting for Seattle or the Union for KC.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Thanks for using my logo as reference. I agree with you too. Chief Seattle is huge part of the identity of Seattle along with the Space Needle. I know the European names are being used in this. Just don't understand the use of Sporting for Seattle or the Union for KC.

Well, concerning the logo, I couldn't see where I could incorporate the chief in the logo, maybe I could have put it in the jersey, that would a been nice I guess.

Concerning the names, I usually choose it according to the sounding. Sporting Seattle has been chosen for no obvious purpose, that's true, but I found it better than FC Seattle, Seattle FC, Seattle United or whatever.

For KC Union ? Well, as I was going to explain when I introduce them, the club would be based in both Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas. Hence the Union of the two cities into one institution.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I haven't found much time to work on these lately, but my temporary work contract ends on this saturday, so I guess I'll have much more time next week, as I'll be on vacation. :P

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Well, finally, here is my final concept of the NYCFC logo.

I've decided not to give the jersey a sponsor, just like Barcelona used to do, in order not to stain it. Or like Atlético Madrid still do.

1369842576-nycfc-induction-2.png

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

HUGE improvement over your original concept. WELL DONE. Only 2 main issues I see with the crest still. One is the size of "est. 1931." I think it either needs to be bigger or not there at all. Secondly, You made a nice decision to rework the "NYC" text and put it at an angle. The problem for me is that the "C" still looks to be straight up and down and not tilted like the "NY." Maybe it's a result of the "FC" inside the "C" not being tilted. Overall, though, very well done. I REALLY like the away strip with the statue on it.

What's the inspiration on the 3rd kit?

gYH2mW9.png

HUGE improvement over your original concept. WELL DONE. Only 2 main issues I see with the crest still. One is the size of "est. 1931." I think it either needs to be bigger or not there at all. Secondly, You made a nice decision to rework the "NYC" text and put it at an angle. The problem for me is that the "C" still looks to be straight up and down and not tilted like the "NY." Maybe it's a result of the "FC" inside the "C" not being tilted. Overall, though, very well done. I REALLY like the away strip with the statue on it.

Well, the C is tilted, I guess it's just a optical illusion of some kind. And the tilting of the FC didn't right to me, it looks better this way if you ask me.

Concerning the third kit, well, I needed a whole different color from the two first and came up with black. I wanted to add the gold and green but then I wanted to represent the colors of the city a bit, as they do not appear at all neither on the crest nor the shirts. That's all !

I'll ditto what GeauxColonels said, in praise as well as critique. I think the untilted FC is throwing off the eye a touch.

Overall, this is a strong look and strong crest. Nice work.

Hmm, english isn't my native language, I can't find a proper meaning for "to throw off an eye", is it some expression of your own ? ^^

It's a cool looking poster. But it's not a crest.

You're whining for nothing. The crest is here, just like I could have given it to you on a transparent back, I wanted to show off a better thing with jerseys and introduction.

Deal with it or leave.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

No, you're missing my point entirely. The whole idea is far too detailed; it looks like an illustration you'd see on a poster, not something you'd see as a club crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

No, you're missing my point entirely. The whole idea is far too detailed; it looks like an illustration you'd see on a poster, not something you'd see as a club crest.

My bad. I've got to admit I kind of thought of it, I could have made a good poster out of it, but it didn't bother me, I found it pretty cool and original on the other hand. I understand your point though, it's not the average looking crest we have here, and that's pretty much what I wanted.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

Well, the C is tilted, I guess it's just a optical illusion of some kind. And the tilting of the FC didn't right to me, it looks better this way if you ask me.

Concerning the third kit, well, I needed a whole different color from the two first and came up with black. I wanted to add the gold and green but then I wanted to represent the colors of the city a bit, as they do not appear at all neither on the crest nor the shirts. That's all !

I'll ditto what GeauxColonels said, in praise as well as critique. I think the untilted FC is throwing off the eye a touch.

Overall, this is a strong look and strong crest. Nice work.

Hmm, english isn't my native language, I can't find a proper meaning for "to throw off an eye", is it some exp<b></b>ression of your own ? ^^

It's just a saying that basically means optical illusion.

gYH2mW9.png

• 2 months later...

Archived