GotPixels NFL Project 40 Plus- NFL2-Memphis Helmet Options

GotPixels

I would suggest a different name than Hurricanes for Hartford. As a CT resident, It's not that it's not relevant (because it is), it's just that people are still bitter about what happened with the Whalers. Assuming Hartford doesn't have an NHL team in 2025, I'm not sure if the Hurricanes name would sit well with possible Hartford fans.

Regardless, it's still a beautiful concept. The color scheme is great and I absolutely love the jerseys.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rename the Hartford to the Whales, so everyone can be quiet and we can move on, or you could just keep it, either way everyone shut up and live with the name,

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Can we stop bashing the Hurricane name for Hartford? Seriously, it's not that bad, he can do what he wants (it's his project, not ours), and I do recall him saying these are set, and not changing..Thanks.

Personally, I think these are really nice and are great how and where they are.

teamchamps.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

lol. Yes, I can promise you that they are not changing. The GotPixels concept leagues are benevolent dictatorships, not democracies. And besides, even if it WAS totally wrong to associate hurricanes with Hartford (which it's not), it would join a long line of NFL team names that have nothing to do with their city or are associated with the region. Cardinals. Lions. Redskins. Bengals. Raiders. Rams. Colts (pick your city). Outside of the basic existence of the teams themselves, I don't associate any of these cities or regions with the mascot. Granted some of these teams moved, but most still didn't have any cultural association with their region.

So it just doesn't matter.

It was merely a suggestion. I'm not saying it was awful or totally wrong, I was just raising a possibility. I've really enjoyed this project and wanted to give my input, so I'm sorry if it sounded like I was complaining or telling him to do something. Either way, it's a great concept and I'm just glad that he chose Hartford as a location.

I appreciate all of the discussion, comments, etc. here. That is after all, the ultimate goal for a project like this. To spur some sort of intelligent banter about the designs,etc.

However, the "Name Police," and you know who you are, can be a tad annoying. That's okay, but when I post clear reasoning as to why I do something, just call it day. Suggestions are good. I love them, but it doesn't mean that it is best for my project at that moment.

As for Hartford, let me take you back to the presentation. If you haven't read it, maybe you should.

Post#868 under the heading Focus.

"NFL2 franchises will have first consideration for expansion into the upper league "NFL" based on attendance, support and overall success."

What a better way for the city of Hartford to give the ultimate finger to the NHL by gaining an NFL franchise through hard work and determination and naming them the Hurricanes.

Thanks again guys. This is just the first one and I'm exhausted already.

:)

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Loving both the Tier teams so far.Not loving the comments about names/locations by people who don't read the presentation and explanations in thread.

I think the stars in Columbus' pant stripes look a little bush league but in the context of Ohio and Generals, they make perfect sense.

I have enjoyed these two concepts and do agree with the fact that a Hurricanes team could be a nice eff you to the NHL. My one question: why did you change templates? I preferred the one you used for the NFL teams, what made you switch?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived