Atlanta Falcons Uniform Concept Mod

Brave-Bird 08

Greetings members,

Today I'm throwing in a modification of my last Atlanta Falcons concept. I actually had this idea pop into my head while watching the Braves today and taking a long, hard look at how their cream shirts look (I think great).

A lot of folks around here think the team needs new uniforms, as well as a switch to red helmets. There's a less educated mob who thinks the team should, "just wear the throwbacks full time and get it over with." Obviously that's not the direction the team would go in, but I figured there are some ways to really progress the image while also creating a throwback vibe. I didn't want to re-hash a throwback with my mod, so I decided to jump into a different direction.

The major change is the addition of a beige/tan color to the palette. It's different--in fact, it's not something that has been featured on a modern NFL uniform. I figured this type of change could be much more welcomed than something like the faded helmet the Jaguars tried to pull off. The combination of red, black and tan definitely favors a real Falcon.

_mg_1407_small_copy.jpg

The center stripe on the concept helmet is a metallic band, outlined in matte black on a deep red shell. The red is new and a medium between the old orange-red the team used to wear and the pinkish red they adopted in 2003. The uniform design is very similar to my initial concept, which uses the style of the Falcons crest in the sleeve design. It favors the modern Falcon on the front of the sleeve and translates to a traditional stripe as it rounds the back, which I think is a very unique feature.

The pants are where the beige/tan comes out most. The stripe also is a little bit more traditional looking, but still unique to the NFL. With the team continuing to progress and a new stadium on the way in 2017, it seems like a perfect time for a fresh identity. While the current uniforms have won a lot of games, they look dated and generic.

g20911_zpse9736ea8.png

path9733_zps306b2bb1.png

path9734_zpsd7e8ccde.png

I have two things to say about this:

1.) Hecks

2.) Yes

There's really only one potential issue I see with this set here: the red helmet seems a bit out of place with black shirt/beige pants (same with white shirts, nut much less so since the red base numbers help balance that out).

But all that said, back to the two things I said earlier: "hecks", and..."yes".

(By the way, the very well-hidden ode to the gold trim in those original helmets comes off very well, whether intentional or not.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love the direction this is headed and this might just be my favorite concept for the Falcons. Have you considered toning down the cream color a bit and dropping white? I see the cream color as a bit of a throwback color and it is usually used as a white replacement in the Majors. All those cream alternates eliminate the white and I think it looks great. I wonder how it would look if you toned it down a bit and used it in all places white is used. Though right now, it's a fairly deep and dark cream and isn't clashing with the white. Almost like a softer version of the 49ers pants color (since they are no longer metallic).

Archived